I made some cookies. I forgot to put in vanilla extract and everything came out super salty...

i made some cookies. I forgot to put in vanilla extract and everything came out super salty. I realized I forgot the vanilla extract and I put in 3/4 cups of baking soda instead of 3/4 teaspoon.

share cookies

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8YEdHjGMeho
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>3/4 cups of a salt
It wasn't the lack of extract.

Once upon a time I baked chocolate chip cookies around an oreo. Turned out pretty good but it was ortolan-tier guilt eating each one.

How you fuck up cookies that bad you idiot

He said 3/4 of baking soda, not salt. Either way he's a tool for screwing up this badly

Same. That crunchy core though..

why not just find the perfect recipe by trial and error?
youtube.com/watch?v=8YEdHjGMeho

Package them in cutesy wrappers and say they're rustic vegan carob chip cookies, then go find some lil girl's bake sale. You'll double your profits.

Baking soda is a salt

i tried again

i didn't read the recipe correctly

one day ill do that. These are for a picnic.

recipe I used:

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips, or chunks
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon fine salt

Evenly position 2 racks in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F. (on convection setting if you have it.) Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone sheets. (If you only have 1 baking sheet, let it cool completely between batches.)

Put the butter in a microwave safe bowl, cover and microwave on medium power until melted. (Alternatively melt in a small saucepan.) Cool slightly. Whisk the sugars, eggs, butter and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth.

Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a wooden spoon; take care not to over mix. Stir in the chocolate chips or chunks.

Scoop heaping tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared pans. Wet hands slightly and roll the dough into balls. Space the cookies about 2-inches apart on the pans. Bake, until golden, but still soft in the center, 12 to 16 minutes, depending on how chewy or crunchy you like your cookies. Transfer hot cookies with a spatula to a rack to cool. Serve.

Taken from FN

Crush those fuckers up and soak in milk and raw egg. Make yourself a bread pudding.

How?

Crush the cookies up rough and put them in a bowl with enough milk to soak the cookies. When the cookies have softened to the point where they break apart, add 2 eggs (or whole 1 egg and 2 yolks, up to you) and whatever flavorings you want, such as raisins, maple syrup, or even a dessert liquor. Mix all your ingredients; for a fine bread pudding, the consistency should be the same as pancake batter, though leave as many chunks as you like.

Now that you have your finished batter, put into a VERY well buttered dish and cook at 350 F for 30 minutes or until done (toothpick trick always works). Serve as is or with a pudding g sauce.

>3/4 cups of baking soda
Teeth whitening cookies, brilliant!

jesus fuck that is a clusterfuck recipe

here

1 cup cold butter (2 sticks, don’t use margarine)
1 cup brown sugar
¾ cup sugar
2 eggs
1 ½ tsp vanilla
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ¼ tsp baking soda
3 cups chocolate chips

With an electric mixer or food processor, beat the butter into the sugars until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla, and beat until just mixed. Add the flour and baking soda, and beat until well-blended.

Now add the chocolate chips and stir them in with a spoon. Make cookie balls with a spoon or your fingers. The balls should be as large around as a half-dollar; you should get 3 dozen.

Put the balls on a tray, cover with foil, and refrigerate overnight. Chilling them is required.

To bake, place a dozen cookie balls on a cookie tray and let sit 10 minutes at room temperature while the oven preheats to 400 degrees. Bake them 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are brown but the center is still tan. Take them out of the oven and allow to finish cooking on the pan for a few minutes.

ill that try that next time. Mine turned out dry and crunchy after sitting out for an hour to cool.

this is with the too much baking soda cookies?

One time I forgot to add eggs to a batch of cookies. They were still edible but basically they were the least structurally sound shortbread cookies ever.

Yep. There are few failed bake jobs that can't be salvaged into bread pudding. I tend to make bread pudding whenever the bread starts to go bad or the cookies end up burnt.

Thanks a lot mate

He doesn't cream the wet ingredients before mixing in the other stuff. It really does make a difference.

My pleasure. Tell us how the pudding comes out.

You're just going to end up with bread pudding that tastes like baking soda. 3/4 cup is A LOT of baking soda, even just accidentally using a tablespoon instead of a teaspoon in a recipe has ruined biscuits for me before, which is triple the amount. You put in almost 50 times what the recipe called for. Trying to make bread pudding from them is just going to waste more ingredients, you should just throw them away unfortunately and try to be more careful next time.

Well op said that it tastes salty. Probably not as salty?
Suppose that you can add extra bread crumbs and some sugar to masquerade the salty flavor?

Too much baking soda will make something taste salty but it also adds a weird flavor. Unless you make a huge batch of bread pudding or only crumble up like one cookie into it, it's just going to make bad tasting bread pudding. If OP made 13 cookies with 3/4 cup of baking soda that means each cookie has almost a tablespoon of baking soda in it, most recipes that use around 2 cups of flour only need a teaspoon and more than that will give it a bad taste.