Rice vs. Pasta

Which is healthier and/or which do you eat more and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OT1X2FBf7hw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

White rice and white pasta are about the same but pasta has more protein. I eat pasta more, it goes better with cream/milk-based sauces which I like a lot, rice isn't that good with them. I eat brown rice once in a while, not just for health reasons but I really like the texture of brown rice. I don't really like white rice.

Also there are more varieties of pastas you can easily find now, I had one recently that was made with wheat, chickpea, and lentil flour. The texture was almost the same as regular pasta but with a bit of chickpea flavor. It has more protein and a bit of fiber. Haven't tried whole wheat pasta yet.

Rice is healthier because you're inclined to put healthier food on top of it, thick stews and curries full of vegetables. You're likewise inclined to put thin sauces and fats on pasta, rather than nutritious food.

However, pasta has more nutritional value than rice on its own.

The most used pasta sauce is vegetable based. And if you get smaller pasta shapes you can use them almost anywhere you'd use rice.

I love both but probably eat slightly more rice because of my asian waifu. Plus I ate a fair amount growing up.

Pasta is sometimes more desirable though.

dis nigga rite here said everything

>tomato
>vegetable
pick one.

Also, if you didn't know, because of flyover country, the most common "pasta sauce" is margarine mixed with ketchup aka "sketti".

youtube.com/watch?v=OT1X2FBf7hw

Fast-forward to 2:35 unless you are a masochist

ive never known anyone to actually make sketti. everyone just uses canned sauce unless theyre italian. its shit and sugary

also rice is better because as stated, you put better foods on it.

I prefer pasta but I'm guessing it's less healthy than rice, at least the way I eat it. I like buttered pasta with olive oil, fresh Parmesan, and seasoning.

Whereas with rice I usually eat it with steamed vegetables and soy sauce.

Buy whole grain pasta and black rice, just as cheap and a lot better. Though black rice has a distinct taste.

For me its this

The ultimate pasta.

I like a good angel hair pasta tossed with olive oil, dry fried garlic shrimp, asparagus, and a splash of lemon. Garnished with a few basil leaves as garnish.

Make a fried rice with wild rice, a touch of oyster sauce and Worcestershire sauce, adding carrots zucchini, caramelized onions, snap peas, and chicken, adding scrambled eggs cooked afterwards to give more color (fried rice is all about a lot of color) and topped with green onion as garnish

Both pasta and rice is healthy when you know how to prepare, and know what to put in it to be healthy.

No one actually fucking uses sketti you brainwashed retard

Fake news

1. pasta
2. rice
3. more yummy

I'm a gravy man. Through and through. For that reason I tend to stick with rice.

Rice has a lower GI than pasta. what do you want?

I eat baked salmon on rice twice a week. Rice vinegar over rice is addictive in a way garlic in a marinara can only dream of.

whole wheat anything is gud. Brown rice is gud. Brown rice pasta not so good. Spikes blood sugar a bit much that way.

Also, whole wheat bread is much more calorie dense than other starchy whole foods due to its lower water content.

>not bowties

>not elbow macaroni
just kill yourself from al/ck/. you can use elbows for everything from chilli mac, goulash, cold salads, etc. Enjoy being a bowtie retard that everyone laughs at during the school dance.
t. cooking chad

I cook brown rice in bulk every week along with chicken breasts, beans, vegs, etc...I've never made pasta and haven't eaten it a lot but it seems like a plausible option health-wise. I am especially interested in whole grain pasta I've seen similar nutrition info between brown rice and whole grain pasta (mostly interested in protein and fiber content) but I'm not sure how efficient it would be to bulk cook whole grain pasta as it seems like it would be more voluminous. Is this true, should I try it, would it be something I could reliably depend upon?

You can eat pasta with just tomato sauce, making it more versatile.

Hate to break it to you guys, but substituting actual pasta sauce for ketchup was a mainstay at my household growing up.

and it's fucking delicious.