What is the proper method to make and serve the best possible quesadilla? Butter or no butter? Oil or no oil...

What is the proper method to make and serve the best possible quesadilla? Butter or no butter? Oil or no oil? What kind of cheese? Two torillas stacked or one folded? More than cheese or just cheese? Etc etc

Other urls found in this thread:

casetext.com/case/white-city-v-pr-restaurants
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i like grilled chicken and cheddar with salsa and sour cream on the side, but its not like you can really fuck up a quesadilla, they're all good.

I like to put tomatoes and onions in my quesadilas. I also use a rare Chihuahua state cheese. I only use corn tortillas as flour ones are an abomination on this planet and should be destroyed. I use 2 tortillas, much like a sandwich.

cut up chicken, fry with: cumin, chilly powder, cayenne, and oil. Butter hot pan, place dilla, sprinkle cheese, place chicken, fold, let it get nice and crispy brown on one side, flip and repeat, cut into 3-4 slices. Eat with glass of chilled milk.

Queso Chihuahua or Monterey Jack are the perfect cheeses for your 'dilla.

>Stacking your tortillas

do you shove the tampon up your ass or use a pad?

>butter
>cast iron
>large tortilla, folded
>charred chicken and grilled onions, both diced
>two cheeses: one that stretches when melted (like on a pizza), and another that melts into a liquid (like cheese dip)

Use just a little butter in the pan, not a lot. Oil is an absolute last resort. Be sure to move the quesadilla in the pan a bit so it gets an even coating. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either retarded or just has bad taste. Whether you fold or stack depends on the size of tortilla you have. Small taco-sized ones are for stacking, big burrito-sized tortillas are for folding. Get a real cheese that melts, not that cellulose bullshit. You can buy some Mexican fresh cheeses at your supermarket that taste amazing and melt very well for el cheapo, so don't Jew yourself here. Fillings like onions, tomatoes, meats, ect are all optional and to taste, but your quesadillas will always be sub-par until you start putting some sauce in there too. Flavored ailolis and queso sauce work fantastic for this. Brings up the moisture and gooeyness to GOAT levels.

I used to make them with butter but one day i was at a mom and pop Mexican restaurant and saw them use lard. It was the best quesadilla I've ever had. So now i use lard.

>corn tortilla
>oaxaca cheese
>corn oil

there, you can't go wrong with that, I hope you enjoy it

I stand corrected. Lard is a great choice over butter. Still, don't use oil like this peasant He does have excellent taste in cheese tho.

I feel slightly ofended, pham, lard is ok but I bet you wouln't know the difference between lard and vegetal oil

An interesting one is corn tortillas, nuke them a bit with the cheese to melt it a bit, then fry em

Fucking delicious

>I bet you wouln't know the difference between lard and vegetal oil

I'm not the guy you're talking to, but goddamn your tastebuds must be broken if you can't identify the strong pork flavor in lard.

Too cheesy.

Hay, do you like ponies?

not him, but if you don't like ponies, you obviously never had a horsemeat pate.
its godlike. like ground angel, minus the feathers.

back on topic, am I the only one here to make bean&cheese quesadillas?
coocked beans, mushed up, mixed with cheese, finely chopped garlic and a spoonfull of creme fraishe/sourcream and some koriander, in a torlilla, toasted in a dry pan or put on a grill. as for cheese, edammer or gouda.

Alright, how to make the perfect quesadilla
1. Get 2 tortillas, preferably the largest flour tortilla you can find
2. fill half of one with cheese, and close, repeat with the other one. Any kind of cheese works, but I use american because america is the best country in the world.
3. Put it on a plate and slap that shit in the microwave, nuke for a minute and thirty seconds
4. Enjoy with your favorite ketchup

This is my favorite chup, I have it imported

These are Mexico City style quesadillas. Just a homemade corn big tortilla with filling. Cheese is optional. Sometimes the whole quesadilla can be deep fried. The tortilla itself is a bit different than a taco one, here they are thicker and bigger.

the best way to make a quesadilla is however the fuck you're feeling when you're making it

put in chicken, beef, spices, herbs, I've seen fucking eggs and fish done before.
just do you, man. the quesadilla is an extension of your soul, and how drunk you are when you make it.

kind of a weird thing but next time you make a quesadilla try putting tortilla chips on the inside
its pretty awesome

That reminds me too much of jack in the box tacos

little bit of oil on the outside and also a tiny bit of salt.

favorite quesadilla is just cheese and a little bit of green salsa.

A quesadilla is a sandwich

how about we dont start this debate again

Oh wow how authentic.
Blow it out your ass :-).

Truly it is

>kind of a weird thing but next time you make a quesadilla try putting tortilla chips on the inside

You're fucking insane!

I wouldn't even find the ketchup so objectionable if you hadn't actually just suggested a microwave is an appropriate way to cook a quesadilla. Get off Veeky Forums and think about your life choices.

One tortilla on pan with lard, nice and hot
Fresh grated monterey and cheddar.
Separate pan, chicken. Dark meat, shredded. Cook in a bit of fresh cilantro lime salsa
put hot fresh chicken on cheese.
Put a bit of fresh pico de gallo on there
Nother tortilla on top then flip
Cook until both sides are crispy and brown

You need to get off Veeky Forums if you're trolled so easily. What are you, 85 years old?

nice trips tho

Anyone who uses flour is gross, flour tortillas are too chewy and weird. Pic related, but the longer 120 ct, is a regular purchase for me as quesadillas are one of my main staples, but I like to pic up some nicer tortillas from the local mexican market every so often. I use that cheap ass mexican style shredded blend. This is my quesadilla recipe that I have perfected over my decades
>a nonstick skillet
>no oil
>tortilla down
>flip it a bit to warm it up
>thin layer of cheese
>healthy pinch of hemp seeds
>(for meal worthiness and also holds cheese together)
>lil sprinkle of cheese on top
>grab the tortilla that you were also warming up in the skillet
>yeah, put it on top
>now put another cheese and seed layer
>cap it with a third tortilla
>press it a bit, if you're skilled enough, your heat will have been set high enough to have the 2nd cheese layer warm enough to stick the cap tortilla to it without worry, but not too high so as to overcook the cheese on the bottom layer
>flip that bitch
>tortilla should look delicious w/ some golden brown spots
>but not overly golden brown
>sprinkle a fairy dust pinch of cheese on that beautiful tortilla and wait for it to melt
>flip
>repeat with that newly revealed beautiful tortilla
>spin quesadilla to ensure no stickage
>cook cheese 30-50 secs or until desired crispiness
>flip, crisp cheese, done
This quesadilla will provide you with the optimum ratio of cheese to corn tortilla and the bonus of the crisped cheese sprinkles on the outside makes it super extra tasty. I would recommend the cheese sprinkles especially if you are a flour tortilla person, as it helps greatly to mask the chewy limpness of a flour tortilla.

p.s. Captcha told me to find the helicopter, but it was a picture of a windmill, your welcome google.

jajajajaja, pre-made corn tortillas...
throw that garbage in the trash where it belongs. either make corn tortillas fresh, yourself, or buy wheat ones.

You're hispanic and buy you're tortillas in plastic wrap, you sadass. I'm white and make better corn tortillas than you'll ever eat you lazyass fuck. Why don't you just go buy wonderbread?

>rare Chihuahua state cheese
What, you wipe it off the little ratdog's cock?

I swear, you Mexicunts get more disgusting every fucking day.

corn, flower, literally doesn't matter. tortillas are for faggots.

I use a vibrator, actually.

How dare you. I'm white as the day I was born. And why the fuck would I care, I live a life that is a balance of cheap and convenience, flavor is low on the list. How much money do you save making them yourself? And how long do they keep?

You weren't born white mexi boi

I like using the mission wheat ones actually. I know that's probably not very mexican of me but I like the way it tastes.

?
mexicans are white

Only the generic ones

I use a cast iron skillet with a few spolrts of pam. Cut a large flower tortilla in in half to make it fit in the skillet, and fold it over. I use a premixed mexican cheese blend because I'm lazy like that. Small handful of cheese, thinly sliced grilled chicken or steak, season to taste, maybe a couple crumbled corn chips for extra crunch, lastly another sprinkling of cheese to stick the top tortilla to everything. Cook until the outside is golden crispy and the inside is hot and melty.

fried up some chicken thighs with spices
1-2 tsp vegetable oil added to pan per quesadilla
.5-1 handful of cheese mix per quesadilla
grill, fold, grill, flip, grill
served with pico, sour cream, and guac

next time im adding blackbeans and corn when frying the chicken.
pure meat quesadilla is too heavy

What kind of validation are you looking for?

Looks pretty cool but hey you got some dirt on your dilla man

>not that cellulose bullshit
Cellulose is added to pre-shredded cheese to prevent it from clumping. No cheeses get cellulose added to them just for ha-has.

Best thing all around is DON'T BUY PRE-SHREDDED CHEESE. That shit is covered with anti-molding agents and other nasty stuff.

You are just upset because American cheese is shit in comparison to all other cheeses.

>Put flour tortilla on plate
>Top with shredded 'Mexican' cheese blend
>Another tortilla on top
>Microwave for 1 minute

Perfect quesadillas every time. I get compliments from friends and family whenever I serve them.

If you blend jalapeƱos with sour cream and put it in a chicken one its awesome.

It's not a debate

>chilly powder

What is that, some faggot-speak for ice shavings?

Everyone knows Quesadilas are not sandwiches.

Oil and butter, put the built quesadilla in the hot pan and sear both sides. Peppers and onions with a jalapeno sauce. Colby Jack and Cheddar for cheeses. Meat optional but preferred steak or pork.

They are, literally, sandwiches

a quesadilla is not a grilled cheese sandwich, get over it

>cheese is optional
>queso+tortilla=quesadilla
>literally cheese tortilla
>cheese is optional

I may have made it a tad too obvious

Butter, bread, cheese, griddle. Seriously. What are you missing?

>I use american
>4. Enjoy with your favorite ketchup
You monster.

If you go to any restaurant that serves both sandwiches and quesadilas, you will not find quesadilas under the sandwich section.

If you go to any restaurant that serves both meals and appetizers, you won't find Chicken Tenders under the Chicken section

What does typical use of words have to do with literal definitions?

Nobody would call pic related a rectangle during casual conversation, but it most certainly is one.

A quesadilla is a filling between two pieces of bread, so it most certainly meets the definition of a sandwich even though we don't normally call it that.

A court case decided quesadilas are not sandwiches.

casetext.com/case/white-city-v-pr-restaurants

The kind of cheese is a big deal, but most people don't seem to care. Queso Chihuahua or bust

>tfw will never eat Kraft singles off her sweaty cunt
life is suffering

quesadillas are just too cheesy

Cheddar is the only cheese that I buy because I use it with a lot of stuff.

I used to by a lot of special ingredients but most of it went to waste because you can't just by the amount you need for a specific dish.