Thoughts on Almond Milk?

Thoughts on Almond Milk?

it's nice.

I'm allergic.

i'd rather just eat almonds and drink a glass of water. it's probably cheaper and healthier.

almonds aint even got titties

Buy a big tub of non dairy coffee creamer and make 'milk' outta that.

After being brought up on the horrendous soya milk of the late eighties/early nineties i'm on this stuff now.
No idea what the soya stuff is like these days, but whoever took the industrial runoff and waste and decided to make all these nut/grain "milks" is a fucking (rich) genius.

its a pretty good substitute for milk. I may even prefer it.

Trash. Can't cook real food with it. Will never be milk.

>vanilla flavor + honey bunches of oats

Pretty good, thats the brand i get, but unsweetened. No sugar, no soy, no dairy.

Not worth buying if you have a blender that goes to 11 and pls use hearing protection.

The added calcium, not coming from fibrous foods, gets into bloodstream all at once where it can cause heart attacks. You should be getting it from stuff like chia, greens, and whole wheat.

Why unsweetened? I figure if you want it to replicate dairy milk you should keep the sugar, since dairy milk has lactose.

I dont want to replicate milk. I barely even touch the stuff, its just to pour a little in to brown coffee and for oatmeal to microwave

Nut milk has been around for centuries. It was an easily storable and nutritious crop derivative.

It got popular again because of all the shitty health fads.

If you make it yourself, it's not bad. They don't use enough almond for it so it tastes watery, and the added calcium makes it taste like chalk. Some of the more expensive brands might be better but I only tried store-bought once. Still prefer cow milk though.

>easily storable
The nuts or nut milk? Nuts can last for quite a while but nut milk will spoil a lot faster. Also I think it was mainly used when cow milk wasn't available or when people weren't consuming animal products for religious reasons like holidays, I'm not sure if anyone preferred it to cow milk.

he he. nut milk

Unsweetened vanilla almond milk in chicory coffee makes my mouth tingle with joy

Makes my coffee taste like wood. Okay on cereal. 4/10

Almond are mammal.
there wouldn't be almond milk otherwise.

Bland nut water. Commercially available """"milk""""" is also a complete ripoff, nothing but water, sugar and traces of a half almond

0/10

8/10

8/10

5/10

0/10

4/10