Hey guys, complete amateur here (but learning)

Hey guys, complete amateur here (but learning)

What exactly is mirepoix? I was making a tomato sauce and saw that a lot of recipes call for just adding celery stalks into the sauce as it simmers.

Is this a chemical reaction? What exactly does it 'add' to the sauce?

>The Industrial Revolution was a mistake

just fuck right off okay

Mirepoix is diced carrots, onions, and celery that you typically sautee in a pan for additional flavor.

Wrong post...?

I understand that much. How would you describe the flavor though? Would it be better if I cut up the celery and just drop it in the tomato sauce; or just leave the stalks in and then throw them out?

>What exactly is mirepoix?
Too dumb to use Google?

Listen here you plonker, I'm simply opening a channel of dialogue for everyone to share their experiences and usage with mirepoix. Why do you have to be so repulsed at this simple interaction?

OH, is it because your uncle shoved a bunch of carrots up your arse when you were a wee lad and made a homemade morepoix in your anal cavity?

sorry, not sorry. Get out of my thread.

Retard.

>morepoix
Retard.

Hey, look, it's a faggot.

>morepoix

>having a meltdown because you're retarded and can't use a Google search and someone pointed it out
>going to /pol/

nobody needs a dialogue about the usage of one of the mainstays of cooking. we don't need someone going "Uh fuck what is bechamel" either. it's rudimentary shit and your mileage typically doesn't vary. mirepoix is a flavorful mix of vegetables that imparts the flavor and aromatics of the celery, onion and carrot when you use it to cook. salt makes things salty. black pepper adds a flavor profile and one of the lowest amounts of spice to a dish. water makes it wet.

Seriously, how fucking stupid are you?

This is the level Veeky Forums operates at nowadays.
The USA was a mistake.

idiot.

>he said plonker
>USA

we don't use that word, leave your obsession at the door.

>I'm simply opening a channel of dialogue

it's not bait if the poster is actually retarded.

Who are you quoting?

>green text is only for quoting

implications also exist. Americans don't say plonker, don't change the subject because you're ashamed you're an idiot.

I specifically put plonker so fags like you could argue about it.

get MOREPOIXED

OP here, idk who is derailing my thread and acting like me but I really need to know what morepoix is and what it tastes like

It is sort of a vague or general flavor. Celery isn't sweet like carrots and doesn't have the sulphuric tang of onions so I don't think just throwing celery stalk in would make much of a difference to the dish compared to the blend of flavor from a mirepoix.

Who are you quoting?

If you want 90% of Veeky Forums to go away then sure we will start using Google. Bye.

Thank you for your focused reply among this foolish chicanery.

I would like to add however, that my tomato sauce does include carrot and onion (shredded and diced respectively) -- would this suffice for the taste aspect?

And would mirepoix be a sauce; a liquid? What is the "end result"?