Avocado Toast

How did this suddenly become a meme? For years my family and I used to eat this. In fact, I seldom knew of others outside the Latino community who ate such. We really do love our avocado toast, with salt and pepper, nothing more. But now, unfortunately, I see this snack spammed on various social media accounts, by which I mean white and Jewish girls' Instagram accounts. The worst part is, they garnish their avocado toast with all kinds of obscene toppings--eggs, fish, onions, tomatoes, beets, etc. What went so wrong? Until this meme dies down, I refuse to eat this cherished dish anymore.

it was never good. you want toast, eat toast. you want an avocada, eat avocado. eating them together diminishes the quality of both

When white guilt libtards took over America
We can't even eat normal food without being called bigots

why don't we call it Toastacado

People have been putting avocado on bread and sandwiches for years. When I was a kid my favourite breakfast was a a very rare treat: a sandwich of toasted bread, fried egg, avocado, and bacon. Fuck you OP you didn't invent that shit. Go ahead and stop eating it ad dome kind of protest literally nobody cares. I'm gonna keep enjoying avocado on my sandwiches

This is literally what safe space snowflake Republicans believe.

Get over yourselves. No one cares about how awful it is for you that you can't say the n word in public anymore and you have to pretend to be ok with "the gays".

If you want to eat eggs and toast and grits and look like a bigot, that white guilt is on you. The rest of us have transcended modernity and will enjoy our avocado toast. Stop toast shaming progressives.

>be op
>love a dish
>dish becomes meme
>"wtf I hate this dish now"

You should just be happy that avocados are cheaper thanks to supply and demand, and that all the wine moms are driving prices down. If you don't eat something just because it became popular then you've just been successfully cucked by the fucking internet.

Avocado toast is delicious, shut up and eat it if you like it.

or we could call it avacoast

This fucker gets it.

Just do you op.

Wait until OP sees what bacon has become.

......Suicide watch is in effect......

>avocados are cheaper

What? They're 4 times more expensive as 1 year ago.

They're like 30 cents each, I've never seen them cheaper than they are now

If you don't like American food you are welcome to leave

Avotoast is better

>wah! wah! he doesn't like the same foods I do!
Is there a more petty reason to get mad at someone?

>Latino

Latino refers to men of the Holy Roman Empire, you are a Mestizo.

In the dictionary they use a picture of your face under "cuck"

Toast is just something to put shit on anyway. Why not put avacado on it.

While you're at it put marmite and sliced tomato on some buttered toast, and grind a little pepper. Thank me later.

If you're a burger like OP they're like 75 cents each unless you live in a flyover

They're around 1€ here

>Toast is just something to put shit on anyway. Why not put avacado on it.

You're not supposed to put literal shit on it

Avacado is noice. I can't stand it under ripe though. When it's firm the taste is completely different.

At a large international grocer just last week in Memphis they were $1.25 each. Last year they were 3 for $1.00. Walmarts are $1.30 each.

Thanks Trump!

I don't even eat toast. Why would I go out of my way to make bread more carcinogenic? I don't eat wheat at all most days. I usually only have bread when I bake it myself because I like it unsalted.

Shut up nigger

One more reason to avoid those flyover shitholes

Shut the fuck up, you flyover inbred. I'm South American master race. Talk to me once you've seen the ocean.

Everyone here is misunderstanding what the meme is. There's nothing supposed to be wrong with avacado toast, you don't need to defend it. It all stems from an absurd statement that millenials need to cut down on the avocado toast to be able to afford a house, which led to people calculating exactly how much avocado toast you'd have to forgo to save that money, and exposing how without a larger salary, $1.00 purchases aren't gonna make a difference toward home buying. The punchline is an out of touch gen Xer, not the avocados.

>trump caused a drought in california and flooding in peru

I can understand why this is a meme with people gainfully employed finding new ways to attack trump every day, writing some article about some striking mexican farmer, but meanwhile I'll just eat nz and aus avocados because that's where I live (shit I don't think I've even bought a single one this year)

Imagine turning a fucking avocado political. What's next, the price of orange paint made in mexico and imported to the us goes up 5 cents a liter because he has some fake tan on

Apparently good food is a luxury people should avoid if they ever want to own a home, which is of course the only way to make any money

Which former European colony do you live in?

Washington, D.C.

>Washington DC is in South America

That's a big bucket of bait you have there, OP.

That said, I grew up in central Texas, and we ate avocado at breakfast all the time, usually sliced, with lime squeezed over, alongside sliced oranges or grapefruit. And the same at lunch and dinner, except alongside sliced tomatoes and onions. No meal was complete without it. It's only Yankees, Midwesterners, and Pacific Northwest people who think this is something new. Also, you can thank Alton Brown for popularizing it, with his constant promotion of avocado and sardines on toast, the ass.

No that guy was pointing out how millennials spend too much on discretionary spending without a second thought. Avocado toast goes for $7+ where I live, which for that price, you can make a week's worth of toast at home. It's obviously not true for everyone in my generation, but it's always good to learn a little self control and frugality.

White people ruins food, as always
Discover one new 'exotic' ingredient, and went overboard with it

reeee

TL;DR some Australian real estate millionaire made a comment that millennials will never be able to own a home because they're spending too much money on avocado toast at hipster restaurants

If you want to know more UTFSE

You're a massive faggot and no one cares about your opinion.

>he thinks memphis isn't well into flyover territory
how cute

>trods out same ok broken insult

Have you seen how cucked the wage slave Republicans are under trump? He isn't even successfully bringing back the n-word. There has been 0 evidence of maga so far and he has no intentions of making it publicly acceptable of hating gays. Face it... The people you call cucks, won. Progress has been made. Politically correct, is now just correct. America isn't going back no matter how many orange clowns you elect to give tax breaks to the rich. Now shut up and stop toast shaming your rich, liberal, elite overlords for eating food they enjoy, which is high in healthy monounsaturated fats!

MORE LIKE FAGGOT TOAST

How was this a mystery to anyone? It's perfect and obvious.

This, desu

>memphis flyover

Not really. Every year during Elvis Presley's birthday we have thousands of international tourists from all over the world descend on us. Coupled with the BBQ and current music scene it gets quite a bit of tourism. The problem is that it's a shithole that never drew much industry other than shipping and it's dangerous as fuck in a lot of areas. But the danger is just part of any midwestern or southern city. It is what it is.

Fuck you, spic.

In the last week I've seen people from Texas and Tennessee both argue that they're not flyover states because like, they have iPhones or some shit

Do you retards know what flyover actually means?

haha fucking cuck

chileno??
my chilean mom always did this for breakfast since i could remember. she says everyone in chile loves it

> not calling it Tocadoast

Avocatoast

Youre right but dont misuse "snowflake" please. "Special snowflake" is a jab at how upper middle class white liberals decided to make 100 new genders and dye their hair weird colors because they found the same sex attractive one. Its basically mocking how they are obsessed with being unique despite all looking the same. If you want to insult republicans and people that dont like non '50s era food call them racists or rednecks idk but snowflake as a meaning its not just a generic insult

Post her feet or gtfo, faggot

I guess I'm some kind of funny because I don't even understand what this is - is this literally just avacado mushed on toast? Like a spread, instead of butter?

Yeah basically. That'll be $15 please.

>flyover detected

Today I will remind them

>don't you want to live in our dense, overpopulated, overpriced liberal shitholes where you can exponentially increase your chances of getting mugged by niggers, user-kun? y-you don't want to be called a flyover, right?

I'm guessing you must be in high school? Never heard "snowflake" until the last election cycle?

I'm biologically old enough to be your grandfather. People have been calling each other snowflake since forever, it has nothing to do with gender identity or whatever extremely specific hangups you happen to have. It just means someone with an overdeveloped sense of how important his or her individual needs are. Religious, educational, health, or whatever. It became a partisan term in the last election cycle but it never was before

Not the guy you're lecturing, just trying to help you avoid future embarrassing

7/10, got some responses.

>People have been calling each other snowflake since forever

You are being deliberately obtuse if you think that the word ever had remotely the same amount of usage in the past as it does today thanks to Veeky Forums.

>I'm biologically old enough to be your grandfather.

Then do some better lectures, at least pick one that is true.

If you think emulating the way people talk on Veeky Forums is a good idea for your adult life, you're in for a rude shock

>If you think emulating the way people talk on Veeky Forums is a good idea for your adult life

I didn't say this. What I meant is that "snowflake" gained in popularity after it became an insult towards liberals on here. The vast majority of internet memes stem from this place in one way or another

So what we've learned here is, user was wrong because he didn't use a word that became a meme in accordance with the rules of the meme.

I suppose you think the Epic of Gilgamesh is a misnomer because it's got nothing to do with Scientology

>fly over detected

Its still fly-over. Yellowstone gets a couple million visitors and its still in a flyover state

Snowflake has been in common use only the past 5 years and exclusively ment "liberal white people that all look alike but are obsessed with being different" until the past few months where angry hillary supporters decided to start using it as a generic "anything i dont like" insult

No, what we learned is that liberals such as that person and yourself are desperately attempting to reappropriate right-wing meme insults and use them against right-wing people, and when people call them out on this, they outright lie about the meaning and standard usage of words.

"Liberals" calling conservatives snowflakes is basically like cons calling them racist white supremacists. It just makes no sense and is cringewirthy desu

>Snowflake has been in common use only the past 5 years
You must be joking. It was in common use when I was in elementary school in the 1980s; I have no idea how long it had been in use then, but in any case it didn't magically appear out of nowhere in 2012
Re-appropriate? So basically everyone has to stop using "snowflake" now that a few memesters on Veeky Forums have decided it's "their" word now? You need to spend less time here, it's rotting your brain.

Lol this its basically political appropriation. Imagine how fucking weird it would be if white ppl started calling blk people "crackers". It would look about as retarded as this.

Gen x are out of touch tards that are either office boomer suck ups or deadbeats that think 70s pop rock is still cool

I'm glad we were able to move on to the personal attacks now that you've realized how stupid you sounded earlier. Caca doodoo face.

That guy isnt me and "snowflake" HAS exclusively basically meant "dumb white upper class liberal" for the past fucking decade. So it is weird appropriation for them to use "snowflake" or "safespace" against conservatives akin to Seriously stick to "ignorant" or racist lol appropriating out of nowhere makes the culture insults confusing for everyone

Safe space was clearly an attempt at irony, which is extra funny because the term actually came from ultra-liberal progressive circles, and conservatives think they invented it too

>So basically everyone has to stop using "snowflake" now that a few memesters on Veeky Forums have decided it's "their" word now? You need to spend less time here, it's rotting your brain.

You're being deliberately obtuse. There is nothing more to say. Simply fuck off, you are wrong.

>ultra-liberal progressive circles, and conservatives think they invented it too
Are you brain damaged? conservatives are mocking them BECAUSE of their concept of save spaces wtf do you think?

Originally, yes. But you millennials don't know the history of these terms, you seem to think all forms of slang and vernacular were invented by Veeky Forums some time in the last several years. We had "safe spaces" at my university in the 1990s and they were the subject of mockery by the campus conservatives.

When you are young, it's a common mistake to assume a thing is "obscure" just because you hadn't heard about it until just now. It's ok. I went through it too.

Nobody has ever said Veeky Forums invested safe spaces we just mocked them for it.

Veeky Forums invented neither the safe space insult, nor the snowflake insult. I don't expect you to admit your mistake in this thread, but I assume it's at least registered in the part of your mind not dedicated to shitposting.

This. Not only this, but the very definition of a "safespace" is the /pol/tard circlejerk. Those fuckers screech worse than a group of vegan skeletons in a Whole Foods parking lot over someone smoking a cigar.

God fucking damn, go to sleep gramps. Debate is not your strong suit.

There you go again trying to reappropriate insults.

The graph is "interest over time" for the term "special snowflake", by the way.

>having to google what life was like before your birth
Ok you win, Veeky Forums basically created the GOP itself, in 2009 after Obongo was elected Caliph in chief

>hurr time for me to bust out strawmen and hyperbole

This argument is over. You lost.

You're right of course. I've learned a lot today about what millennials believe and no one's minds will be changed.

Again, what you've learned is that A) "special snowflake", in overwhelming common usage, is a right-wing insult for liberals; B) that liberals are attempting to reappropriate this insult against right-wing people, just as they are the "safe space" insult; C) that both attempted reappropriations do not work because the meaning of the words was overwhelmingly determined by the partisan politics of the past decade.

No. But I'm not rehashing this again, you are only interested in grinding your axe, not learning. Or is axe grinding also a Veeky Forums meme that I'm not allowed to use unless I have the right kinds of anxieties and fears related to the gays and such.

I live in Atlanta and I've never seen this at any restaurant. I wouldn't even know it was a thing if I hadn't seen people having strokes over it on Veeky Forums. OP is a perfect example of the hipsters infesting this board. I've been enjoying the stuff for a long time and couldn't care less that more people are getting in on it.

your loss, not ours

As long as I don't have to own a car and I can walk to the store. Also, I've lived in Baltimore for 9 years and have yet to be mugged, just have some situational awareness and don't be Asian, it's not that hard.

Threads like these always remind me of how stupid the average Veeky Forums user is.
How hard is it to spell avocado?

It's trot

Yellowstone is in two states

If it was a safespace dissenting opinions would be banned immediately. And they arent so it isnt. You are wrong.

>never seen this in any restrurant
Wow such flyover. Cant go two block in NY without seeing this yuppie shit

In real cities(not overgrown sprawling subdivision shitholes) these types of places are a real problem. Stay fly over, user.