What are you cooking today, Veeky Forums? I'm making steak

Seasoned it and letting it sit for a while

Beignets made by myself
And my gf's mom for
Breakfast today. Forth of July weekend is the beat

>Beignets
I had never heard of this, sounds/looks good though

Or as Charles Barkley calls them, ben-wahs

Pretty hungover so I made some eggs in purgatory with toast and it hit the spot.

And into a 240 degree oven to begin the reverse sear

>reverse searing a steak thinner than 2 inches
he fell for the reverse-sear jew

Made some General Tso. I didn't bother with the corn starch slurry and deep frying, instead opted to marinate overnight and pan fry. Came out good, but I prefer eating the cold leftovers to the fresh hot stuff.

Is that weird? I prefer cold pizza too.

Why wouldn't it work? If anything it will come out more evenly cooked

Also made a coffee cake. Posted this recipe before on Veeky Forums, basically just a dense double layer cake made with a buttload of coffee inside the batter and frosting.

I ate the cake tops and feel like a sack of lard. Very tasty though.

You live with your girlfriends parents?

What the fuck

>I made X but left out the essential parts of it
Why even still use the original name of the dish?

Because the sauce is the same? You've never modified a dish or are you being autistic?

Rice and kidney beans again because I'm between jobs(still gotta wait for the background check to go through before they even start training me, could be another couple days) and I'm about to move into a new apartment which I barely have enough money in the bank to pay the security deposit for.

At least it's Basmati rice.

>using the same sauce makes it the same dish

It will work. But you can probably just fry the cunt 2 minutes each side and rest in a warm oven.

It looked like a pretty good piece of steak so do what you please

I think you're under some misconception where General Tso chicken always means deep fried. Even Chinese places make it different depending where you're at. I've had it fried, pan fried, even one place that claimed "authentic" that had no sauce at all and was covered in fresh sliced red peppers.

It really sounds like you're just being a pedantic memelord.

Is this overkill? It feels like overkill

Using a torch to get a really strong sear on your meat isn't overkill, but I think that type of torch might be.

My blowtorch kept going out so I finished it in a pan

Final money shot

looks okay (crust is questionable) op but next time i would baste it with butter, garlic and thyme while in the pan.
also i'm sorry you fell for the reverse sear meme

I dunno for sure yet but I'm thawing ground turkey. I guess I'll have to get decisive about it soon.

I'll post a pic later but I'm making breaded and fried liver with a cheesy onion cream gravy and mashed potatoes.