Dim Sum: The Greatest Shit Ever

Who else is /dimsum/? I'm an American living on the east coast (originally from west coast) that can't get enough of this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

abccafeop.com/#/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Probably my favorite dish: fried dough in a rolled rice noodle

Nope, nevermind, this is the best: pan fried rolled XO noodles

The best dim sum is lotus leaf wrapped rice
Very aromatic and simple. Like an easy to make asian tamale. For me it is the best

I've always wanted to try but I've yet to go out of my way to visit a chinatown(west coast reporting) for something really good
what are Veeky Forums's favorites? maybe I can just find some recipes

siu mai (sometimes its called pork siu mai but thats a bit redundant), har gao, char siu, cantonese sticky rice, char siu bao are all great

i had my family over for chinese new year recently and made all of these, it is still great home made especially if you have a way to steam large quantities of food

the char siu was easily the biggest hit, i made four pounds of it and it was all gone at the end

that being said you should go to a chinatown to try it first so you know if you like it before you make it. i have friends who love dim sum and friends who hate it

You couldn't get dimsum in California where 60% of Asian migrants settled? Really? Damn you must be a shutin because west coast chinese>east coast chinese.

t. NYfag surrounded by people ordering fried chicken wing and fry combos.

my family is all over this shit whenever we eat asian food
I'm more of a soup man myself, but yeah all those steamed food, usually dumplings, are great

been eating dim sum for a while now.. although there's no good places near me so it's a treat to travel to a good restaurant.

How do I find this locally?

I moved to east coast for school/work. Trust me, I miss Cali dim sum on a daily basis, especially because I'm from the bay area

You literally don't. Unless you live in SF, LA, Boston, or NYC, you will never have god tier dim sum in the US. Hopefully you live in a biggish city and can grab some decent dim sum. If you're in a small town, lmao kill yourself my guy

I have good tier dim sum in suburban northeast kansas my man. Gotta look for those places next to the high population chinese areas that are owned by fresh off the boat immigrants. Seafood isn't too good here but you can get really good pork, beef and fowl.

What's the place?

How does it compare to SF dim sum?

ABC cafe
abccafeop.com/#/ is the website
It's pretty alright. a step down from costal dim sum for sure, but definitely worth a try if you live in the area.
I hope they stay open for a while. It's literally the only place i've found with good quality dim sum at it's price point (rather high, but not bad considering there is pretty much no market for it around here)

I'm in Denver

that seems like a nice list to start with! thanks senpai
yeah, it'd probably honestly be better to go and see for myself so I'm not trying to make something I've never even tasted, but just in case I happen to run into ingredients at h-mart... it might be dumb but I can't help but try to get really optimistic
hopefully someday I'll stop being such a shut-in and just go see what it's actually about though lmao

Grew up a short BART ride from SF myself. Yank Sing was/is my favorite. I remember there being a place in one of the Embarcadero 'squares', but I don't think it's there anymore.

do you eat the leaf

No

If you ever go back try Koi Palace. It's easily the best SF dim sum and it's not even in SF

Overrated finger foods.

dim sum literally sucks cock. its the same everywhere and its trash-tier chinese food

Chicken feet are the best

It's nothing amazing but it's a great hangover cure with friends. It's definitely more of a social occasion.

>Who else is /dimsum/?

Tasty and fun.

>grew up in Santa Ana,CA
>pa and grandpa had a well known herb shop in little saigon
>would take the family to eat dim sum once a week before opening shop
>after eating all of that had some hot tea

Great memories as a kid

i suppose, but i think there are lots of better options if you're going out with the boys after a long night.

one thing however that is amazing is this shit all dim sum dishes with these fuckers are fantastic. everything else is mediocre as fuck

These things are fucking magic.