Raising Cane's -- Why?

Does anyone mind explaining to me why people blow their dick cheese over Cane's? It's just mediocre tendies with peppery Big Mac sauce, coupled with heart-clogging sweet tea and "Texas toast." Not to mention way overpriced.
One of these joints opened up in my town a year back and the police were called in to direct traffic in and out of the joint. Lardtards for miles. What gives?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=i0xoClNtXi0
raisingcanes.com/why-dog
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What the fuck is Cane's.

Fast food joint in the States.

I've been disappointed in almost all chicken tenders from fast food places. I like them battered like Long John Silvers and that's how I make them at home. The whole seasoned bread crumbs or flour just doesn't do it for me.

I live in the states and have never heard of it.

>One of the larger countries in the world has regional chains

Hang in there baby boy, we'll get through this

Move to the UK, 99% of our takeaways batter their chicken rather than just coating.

That's gotta be the worst photoshop job I've seen in a while, that steam looks like straight up cigarette smoke.

shit is overrated but better than most competition other than chik-fil-a

That's hilarious.

I used to go to Cane's in Athens, GA, but yeah it was a less expensive zaxby's that wasn't near as good.

I guess it's novel to those who can't have it consistently

I going to university in Athens GA!
What's it like?

Downtown is fantastic, especially if you like to party. My favorite thing was to go to an empty bar and just have the place to yourself.

It's the south so there's also a ton of things to do outside the city.

I miss that town. I'll try and live there again some day

Raising Cane's is based fuck off

I don't get it either. When the first one opened here, it was chaos as you described, with long lines.

I tried it after the crowds died down, and it did not live up to the hype. Way too much bread.

Raising Canes was created at my university (LSU), it's my go-to place when I'm drunk on football gamedays

It's just tasty.

I do agree it's kind of overpriced

How did they seriously name a restaurant Raising Cane's?

...by filling in that name on the forms when they registered their business and trademarks? Stupid answer, I know, but I'm not even sure I understand what you find so strange about the name.

Because Adam raised Cain, who you will recall murdered Abel. Seems like a weird association to make.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=i0xoClNtXi0

"Raising Cain" is a southern expression. It means to raise hell, or a ruckus. Being that this is a southern restaurant, it's not strange at all.

It's just a play on words.

It's available only in flyover country, m8

Oh, that's makes sense. I'd never heard the colloquialism before.

UHH, SINCE WHEN DOES CANES SAUCE HAVE PICKLE RELISH, OR THE BIG MAC SAUCE HAVE WORCHESTERSHIRE SAUCE?!

>It's just peppery big mac sauce

t. talking out of my ass

Ketchup, Mayo,Worcestershire, Black Pepper, Garlic Salt.

That is not the recipe for big mac sauce.

>That is not the recipe for big mac sauce.

McDonalds shill shitposting in non-McDonlads thread almost leaks the secret recipe

I agree. Chicken Express/Bush's/Church's style chicken is superior. I don't know what they put in it but it's addictive and unlike anything I ever tasted

Working as electrician in my hometown, sometimes eat at mall so apprentice can get what he wants and I can have bourbon chicken. Anyway they open one of these in the food court and there's a line a mile long, decide to try it out. Stand in line and expect some magical tendies, try them out and it's the most average chicken strip of all time. The first and last time i ate canes, don't know what the appeal is. It was like 9 bucks too

It's named after the dog which is named after the saying
raisingcanes.com/why-dog

Everything you listed in the first paragraph is why.

Overpriced is a subjective quality, as it's hard to find a quick bite for ~$8 in Denver.

Honestly, I don't buy fried chicken anywhere, so it doesn't appeal to me. But I see the appeal.

Raising Cane's opened a store in Greenville, SC (Zaxby's on every corner) when I lived there. It was gone in like 6 months. Chick-fil-a and Zaxby's got that stranglehold y'all.

Overpriced, overrated, not bad chicken. Had one open up here after Chick fil a had dominated for a few years. As soon as Canes opened it was chaos, lines out into the main highway etc. It only lasted a few months and everyone eventually started going back to chick fil a. Now Canes is not busy at all and chick fil a is making mad revenue, it's always busy.

I love long John silvers chicken.

I have to agree. The chicken itself isn't terrible, but the hype surrounding the chicken is ludicrous. You'd think a fucking IKEA came to town the way motherfuckers line up to get what seems to be crustier Chick-fil-A.

no thanks I rather not get suicide attacked

>zaxbys better than canes
You are human garbage. Only thing great at zaxbys is the shakes, which could easily give you the shakes...its like diabetes in a Styrofoam cup

chicken: cane's is often much juicier and fresh from the fryer than chick fil a
breading: chick fil a hands down has better seasoning
fries: chick fil a on a good day can't be beat, though i dislike the end ones, while cane's only has the problem with being a little too salty at times
tea: cane's doesnt have the sharp bite i sometimes taste in chick fil a's
sauce: toss up, both match up well with their respective chicken

overall i like cane's better but chick fil a is closer and also has the mobile app

I used to think this too when the chains started popping up in my town long ago. I no longer think about how strange the name is. I know raising cain means raising hell or being violent but their mascot is some real dog or something its all so confusing. I guess I need to go read their 'lore'.

Because going from McDonald's to Cane's is a good step up

Cane's isn't bad but it isn't particularly good either.
Most people around my University are usually head over heels for Cane's but I really don't see why. Sure, it's hot and fresh but the tenders don't really have a good flavor, the sauce is overhyped and the cole slaw sucks dick.
Their toast/fries are pretty good though, but why the fuck don't they have other sauces? BBQ, Ranch, etc. There's a reason why Chick-fil-a carries them.

It's literally the Chipotle of chicken restaurants. It appeals to people who've never had good chicken tenders.

Cane is the dog, and they were raising the dog

Slim Chickens is better, they have a shit ton of sauces. Don't get me wrong i like Cane's sauce, but I need variety. Slim Chickens also has better fries, but worse toast so its kinda a toss up in that aspect.

>Flyovers arguing about which fast food chain I've never heard of is better than the other as usual
Embarrassing desu.

It's a pun, user.

Their dog was clearly named after the common southern expression.

Do you feel as if Slim offers a better overall package?

Who /orange county/ here?
>Raising Cane's and Chik-fil-a right across the fucking street from each other

I got to chick fila a lot and cane's a couple times. chick fila chicken tastes way better, but the pieces are smaller. cane's is crunchier though. I don't really like the waffle fries from chick fila, but the sides at cane's were all bland crap. I think everything at that place only exists so you have stuff to dip in the sauce, which is pretty good. the one thing I don't like about cane's the most is that the biggest combo only has 6 tendies in it and I'd really like at least 8 since when I get fast food it's usually all I eat that day, but I don't want to get 2 combos.

Why would I cross the orange curtain for shitty fast food when I live in LA where I can eat food from a 100 different countries by going 5 miles.

We have chik-fil-a in pasadena anyway man fuck that noise

Yeah you'll just get accidentally shot instead.

>Arguing over which turd is better than which shit

Make your own fresh food fucking faggots. It's Veeky Forums not /fastfoodobesity/

>Texas toast is apparently buttery foam rubber
I hate this place but it's popular because it's high calorie

the secret sauce isn't a secret