Tabasco Chicken Schnitzel in Country Maple wWhite Gravy over Buttermilk Biscuits

I know, my camera sucks and I suck at plating. Please try to critique though and tell me what to do to improve...

Sorry for crappy camera....

Ingredients:

Gravy:
2 tb Butter
2 tb Maple Syrup
4 strips Bacon
8 oz Sausage
1/3 cup Flour
1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
2.5 cup Milk
1/2 cup Green Onion
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Chicken Schnitzel:
3 thin/pounded Chicken Breast
1/2 cup flour
2 tsp salt/pepper
1 tsp ground dried Tobasco Pepper
2 eggs

(ignore breadcrumbs in pic, didn't realize they had gone bad and couldn't use them)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Béchamel_sauce
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fry Sausage, Bacon, Chives and Red Pepper flakes for 10 minutes in butter on med/med-high

Mix in Flour and stir for 5 min while cooking on medium/med-high

Add milk, salt and pepper and simmer for 10 min

Meanwhile, mix your flour for schnitzel breading w/ salt, pepper and tabasco

It mahy not look like a lot of tabasco, but this batch I made goes a looooooong way w/ heat

Bread your chicken (flour->egg wash>-flour)

it would have been better with breadcrumbs at the end, but mine had went bad :(

Deep fry for 8 min @ 350

Came out great, though technically a little thick for proper schnitzel style

Plated 1, I suck at plating and photography and image editing

Plated 2, babbys first time w/ camera and photo editing software edition

Did u put the maple syrup in? What kind of biscuits are those, not homemade im guessing

>Did u put the maple syrup in?
Yeah, I put the maple syrup in with the salt and pepper in >What kind of biscuits are those, not homemade im guessing

Cheap Dollar General version of Grands Biscuits.

I didn't feel like making them from scratch and my heating element on oven is out so had to use toaster oven.

Segue, overall, it came out pretty damn spicy fyi

Stop imitating gourmet restaurant plating if you're serving up unsophisticated commoner foods.

Also, as a Canadian who is unfamiliar with sausage gravy, what sort of sausage am I supposed to use. I have access to Italian, German and breakfast sausages.

>Stop imitating gourmet restaurant plating if you're serving up unsophisticated commoner foods.

I hate doing it, but if I don't at least try, it gets flamed even worse when asking for critiques. I get your point 100%

>Also, as a Canadian who is unfamiliar with sausage gravy, what sort of sausage am I supposed to use. I have access to Italian, German and breakfast sausages.

I've used tons of different american style and german style sausages, as well as generic italan sausages....they all work well.

Only sausages I'd stay away from with this dish are Mexican Chorizo style , and Thai style

cumin/chili powder is too much w/ mexican sausages and cardamon/sage/star anise is too much in the thai style

Looks pretty good. Not sure about the male, but I'd give it a shot.

>clover valley anything

It's cheap self-rising flour, pretty hard to fuck up friendo

*maple

Do amerifats really eat white gravy?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Béchamel_sauce

French and Italian people were making milk sauces hundreds of years ago.

But it took a manly country to add savory pork sausage and liberally portion it uponst pounded fried meat.

That's a picture of a Canadian, you can tell by his hat.

But yes, we do eat white gravy with breakfast and brown for potatos and meat at dinner.