What would you eat if you were really poor?

What would you eat if you were really poor?

Canned tuna
Spaghetti
Banquet frozen dinners

All are under $1

Potato

I Am poor. I eat sandwiches and potato chips.
Mesquite smoked turkey from the deli - $5
Bread - $2
Cheese - $3
Off brand potato Chips x2 - $4
Dr Pepper 6 pack - $4
And this is how I live off $20 for a week

same as what i eat now

i used to make $7000 in a year.. now i make $100k+ and my eating habits have literally not changed except now i can my own shit instead of buying commercially canned food and i buy prime grade steaks once or twice a month instead of once a year

Potato and rice are both cheap and you can make a vast variety of dishes with them, doubly-so if you add in eggs which are also pretty cheap. Heck, with a bowl of rice and one egg mixed together you can be full all day.

>Used to be poor

All I ate was chicken
Carrots/broccoli
Lentils/Beans

Anyone can survive in the Us, you just don't have to be a junkie

Cock.
Not for money tho.

Poison.

Why live as a poorfag?

Whole plant foods, like I do now.

Like, 18th century Ireland poor? Potatoes and milk with any other meat and veg I could hustle.

Burger king. On the back of the reciepts you can fill in a survey for a free whopper with purchase of a fry and drink.

Get the value fry and value drink for $2, which will allow you to get the free whopper how you want it. Together this will net you over 1100 calories, and over 30g of protein. And it tastes pretty good. Get the receipt from your first meal and keep filling out surveys till infinity. I used to do this all the time when I was broke as shit. I would eat store brand cheerios the rest of the day

Vegetables are cheap. Rice, salad, pasta... chicken thighs or "manager's specials" meat that's a bit past its prime but it still perfectly ok to eat. Never eat at a fast food place or a restaurant. Bake your own bread if you have the talent, and it's not that hard. Find a "Grocery Outlet" or similar cheap market in the poor part of your town. Beans and lentils are both excellent choices. Grow a garden if you have any space for it. Dirt + water = food. Steel cut oats and a small Crock Pot makes an easy, delicious breakfast with a little milk and honey. Frozen fruit can be surprisingly cheap. Get a blender and make fruit smoothies. Sardines are a cheap, good source of protein.

I would say a good half my calories come from ice cream.
7k calories for less than 10$. It's not staple food tier but still way cheaper than most vegetables and any meat.

Eggs (if possible bacon), fruits (banana and orange are really cheap), beans, if possible some vegetables

oats, eggs, cheap pasta, pork

I am poor. Really poor actually, so I only buy a few things to last me a couple meals every few days.
I get a tub of full fat yogurt(Not the cheap stuff though, need the protein and extra benefits of the organic stuff)
Frozen blueberries cause they have higher antioxidants than fresh blueberries.
A small thing of whipped cream cause muh sugar.
Mix it all up and you now have still kinda sugary but more filling breakfast/snack/lunch

I bought daily vitamins a while back so I take one or two of those a day also.

I'd bet money that you're american

>frozen blueberries have higher antioxidants than fresh
U wot m8?

Rice and cheap sauce for meals. Bananas for snacks. Tap water for drinks.

I wouldn't eat like that for long, having been driven stir crazy from the monotony of it all.

Fish if I were lucky enough to live where I could walk to a good hole to catch them. Doesn't get much cheaper than that.