Prison Nurse on Prison Food - AMA

Title says it all, cu/ck/s.

Other urls found in this thread:

yesmagazine.org/people-power/forget-nutraloaf-prisoners-are-growing-their-own-food-20160324
npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/10/07/496880317/from-mobb-deep-rapper-a-cookbook-for-healthy-eating-in-prison
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do prisoners get vitamin/mineral deficiencies from the food often? Or has it been engineered to give every life sustaining material needed yet still taste like trash?
Whats the biggest conflict over food youve ever seen in your experience?
What non-prison food is comparable to prison food, and where can i get it?

You ever raped a nigga?

What country? Are the portions decent sized?

About half of the prisoners are on vitamins.

It's a women's prison, FYI.

Nope.

Murrica.

Too damn big. An average prison meal has approx. 1500 kcal.

>Whats the biggest conflict over food youve ever seen in your experience?

Personally seen? I've seen some fights over commissary trades. However, I work in a facility where something called "the Lollipop Riots" took place.

>What non-prison food is comparable to prison food, and where can i get it?

Often, companies like Pizza Hut and KFC will donate food that is near spoiling or has some minor damage. We recently got a big shipment of McRibs. As far as in house food, we mostly get prepackaged stuff. Actual whole food is a rarity.

Beans and rice are rare.

if i, a chef was jailed, could i make much difference in the kitchen? us prison food doesnt make sense to me

Do you eat the same crap for launch?

What's the ethnic makeup of the prison?

Not the OP, but considering you're going to be supplied by the same food-service companies serving every other institution, there's not much you'll be able to do to spice things up. However, that may go out the window if you're lucky enough to end up in a prison with a vegetable garden.

yesmagazine.org/people-power/forget-nutraloaf-prisoners-are-growing-their-own-food-20160324

are there any hot girl prisoners? Do the guys ever take advantage of their position? Does any naught sexual shit ever happen between staff and prisoners? give me some juicy stories pls

So, expired fast-food and candy? I can see why kilocalories would be in the quadruple digits.

As you're a nurse and thus somewhat knowledgeable about nutrition, do you think feeding prisoners healthier diets (e.g. prison-grown vegetables) will save more long-term costs in healthcare?

How close are you breaking your prison husband out because he supposedly loves you

do the lesbo prisoners rape straight women?

Not OP but after a brief stint in prison for drug charges I became obsessed with prison culture. Not gangs, more like that actual life while locked up.

I hope these gardens become more widespread over time to help with rehabilitation. Jails (privately owned as opposed to state funded prisons) tend to serve Nutraloaf so I lucked out on that garbage.

If you're super fucking lucky you can go a similar route Prodigy went. Prison food is fucking horrible yet slightly higher in quality than fucking public school meals.
npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/10/07/496880317/from-mobb-deep-rapper-a-cookbook-for-healthy-eating-in-prison

That is totally a thing, but anyone who gets caught is charged with sexual misconduct and forced to be on the sex offender registry for the rest of their life. How's that for spoiling your masturbation fantasy m8.

Are you a girl?

Are you in a private prison or state funded? This also goes for
Also what's the main difference between private prisons and state prisons from the prisoners perspective?

>If you're super fucking lucky you can go a similar route Prodigy went.

Nigga dead though

>That is totally a thing, but anyone who gets caught is charged with sexual misconduct and forced to be on the sex offender registry for the rest of their life. How's that for spoiling your masturbation fantasy m8.

damn way to kill the fucking dream.

No, like I said I research the hell out of this stuff because it's like studying a small country's history.

I do not speak from personal experience with privately owned shit, but from what I can infer state run prisons are a bit more lax on minor misconduct. Not riot or fight level shit, just if someone is kind of a dick. Private jails are less lax and will put people in solitary for petty reasons such as not wanting to eat the food or come off as rude.

My research can still be totally off so anyone wanting to call me out are welcome to do so.

Oh fuck, I did not see that user. The dude had SCA so that was to be expected eventually, fortunately he was able to be relatively healthy while locked up.

That's what you get for frogposting.

good to see something like this in place. still how are they expecting rehab without something like this?

you ever get your dick sucked

i have no aspirations to get a job as a corrections officer or anything but how hard is it to get sexual favors from prisoners in exchange for goods from the outside/other services

or do they immediately report you

>"Now let's get this out onto a tray..."

No wonder there are fights when you serve mentally unstable and impulsive criminals with shit food that fuck up their physiology and brain even more and make them go even more insane. The prison system is inhumane in so many ways.

NEET fag detected

Boxers or briefs?

I've been to "jail" for two weeks. Jail food sucks balls, and all the guys said Prison food is much better. Also a nurse would have zero perspective on eating prisoner food, because they don't eat it. There's medicine call where she comes and gives pills to diabetics and old people. If you're lucky she's a qt 3.14 and there's a small window where you get to scope out her ass.

>be Australian
>go to max security jail
>live in own building with 5 others, get $300 between us per week to buy food
>good quality meat and veggies at every meal
>can BBQ, roast, fry, boil
>healthiest time of my life was in jail

Was good. A serious shortage of eggs though

yeah first world prisons are nice.

americans are fucking weird with their forced tribalism bullshit. Sure you have shit like this everywhee to a degree, but not as retarded and anarchistic as in the US.

honestly it looks better than i usually eat.

what? is this an exception?

it's because USA has for-profit prisons and most of the inmates are of the dark-skinned variety