Montrealfag travelling to Asheville, Charleston and Savannah this summer...

Montrealfag travelling to Asheville, Charleston and Savannah this summer. Can Veeky Forums provide me with a few food suggestions? Hidden gems? Any delicious joints worth visiting en route?

Tupelo Honey in Asheville is wonderful. Owl Bakery makes great bread.

Why are you visiting those shitholes?

Where would you suggest I go, user?

Charleston here.

Smokey oak for BBQ, high cotton or hominy grill for brunch, early bird or berry patch for cheap diner breakfast, poogans porch for expensive downtown dinner, bowens island for a fish camp with an incredible view (get there early), tattooed moose for sandwiches and if you find your self on folly swing by berts, its one of the coolest stores ive ever been in. As far as savannah, my brother wont shut up about the crab shack on tybee but i've never been.

You must be from cali or ny.

Well you must be going through those gowns for a reason?
Nobody who lives in Montreal says to themselves on a whim "Perhaps I'll visit Savannah!"

thanks, user. Tattooed moose was actually already on my list. I'll look into these other joints.

That's literally what I did. People with disposable income visit new places from time to time.

go the one on johns island if you can, its bigger and more parking than the down town.

Shrimp and grits in South Carolina

Tupelo Honey looks fantastic.

You absolutely have to go to tne Irondale Cafe in Irondale Alabama as well as The Whistle Stop Cafe in Juliette Georgia.

Irondale is a little out of the way but I've yet to purchase my flight home and am considering extending the trip for a few days. Currently, my last stop is Savannah. If I were to extend it, where else would you suggest I go?

civil war autists

If you're going to Savannah and have some money, visit The Grey, used to be a greyhound bus station and it's really good

Definitely on the list. Have you been to
Mrs. Wilkes Dining Room?

Asheville fag here. One word: Breweries. Burial Beer Co. is the best in the city, but we also have Green Man, Sierra Nevada, and Highland brewing. Explore as many as you can.

if meme beers were any good they would be bought up by big companies and massed produced

No but another good place down on the River is Huey's actually pretty good Cajun, would recommend

You mean like Wicked Weed?

Except that's actually happening, faggot. The reason I didn't mention Wicked Weed is because I don't want to advertise for AB Inbev trash.

I'm so missed that I have to stop drinking WW, I can't support that damn company.

In Asheville don't go to Tupelo Honey whatever you do. If you want hot chicken go to rockys hot chicken shack.

I lived in Charleston for several years, places I'd recommend for: Seafood: The Ordinary or Hanks, Bowen's Island for Oysters but it's not the right month so RIP, Brunch: Hall's, if the music annoys you just ask to sit upstairs, people love Husk for ~~~contemporary~~~ Southern, also Magnolias, High Cotton, Poogans Porch. For negroid food there's Martha Lou's and some place on Upper King that I can't remember, really good Italian place called Lucca, and good Spanish place called Barsa, Rue de Jean is a decent Frog bistro.

Tourist traps are Hominy Grill (decent but not worth a wait) Tattooed Moose (hipster, but same deal) and fucking kill yourself before you go to Hyman's or something like Bubba Gump.

No

One of my best friends is a server there, it's garbage.

I'm more pissed about the Funkatorium, honestly. I always liked that it's right down the street from Burial. Fuck.

Husk in Charleston, if you can get a reservation. Sean Brock is a fucking genius.
Avoid Hyman's or any of the tourist seafood places. Hominy Grill is pretty good. Poogan's Porch has THE southern coastal breakfast on lockdown. It you have time, head out to Scott's BBQ in Hemingway. Arguably the best whole hog BBQ in the country.

what is wrong with the company?

OP again. Is there anything worth checking out on the drive from Asheville to Charleston or from Charleston to Savannah?

Asheville to Charleston. Down town Greenville has a nice park downtown. The Trappe Door has amazing moules frites and a gagillion obscure Belgian beers. The Beacon in Spartanburg is a greasy chili-cheeseburger goddamn national icon, if you're into that kind of thing. Try boiled peanuts if you see a guy on the road selling them.

i live in savannah. Go to Carey Hilliards for good pork bbq and Brunswick stew. If youre just gonna stay downtown, theres a ton of good touristy places on Riverstreet.

what are you so upset about? jesus. fuck off already.

If BBQ is your jam, I'll repeat that Scott's is well worth the detour. Plenty of "reputable chefs" put it high (Bourdain is a big fan) on their lists.

>Sean Brock is a fucking genius.

*puts loads of butter and lard in everything*

Sure. And sources local ingredients, preserves heirloom grains along with Anson Mills, and grows quite a bit of his own produce. Without being a pretentious douchebag. Butter and lard are still awesome.

desu I don't dislike Husk, I just didn't see how it justified being proclaimed the best new restaurant in america and this ridiculous amount of praise.

Different user but how about my 0house?

Lunch at The Beacon sounds perfect.

Where's that?

Ottawafag here. If you're interested in trying regional fast food chains I'd check out Bojangles'. The Cajun filet biscuit is god tier.

Since you'll be in Charleston I recommend finding a place that serves flounder. I can't seem to find it up here. Also, order a side of hushpuppies.

Bojangles is so popular with out of towners. It's weird. I live in nc and I don't even think it's special till I'm out of state for a month with no Cajun filet. Lol.

Used to be master cook at awful house ama

Why are your grits so hit or miss? They are never the same consistency!

Best diner chain in the world, but not for the food. It's the culture. Waffle House is so hardcore, FEMA has an unofficial "Waffle House Index" for the severity of natural disasters. If Waffle House is closed, shit is capital-f Fucked.

Get breakfast food. Eggs any style, bacon, sausage, ham, pork chops, whatever, and always get the hash browns dolled up however you want (onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, jalapenos, cheese, gravy, chili, whatever.

If you want to go southern breakfast style, get biscuits and gravy. The standard breakfast is two eggs any style, a protein, hashbrowns, choice of biscuits or toast, and coffee.

In Charleston, there's a restaurant called Probibition. It's worth going to. Tasting menu isn't exactly filling, but everything tastes amazing

Cookout, feed yourself like a king for under 10 bucks

I second this

>Cookout, feed yourself literal shit and still pay a corporation 10 bucks

No fucking thanx. Worst milkshakes in America too. All around bad, bad, bad.

When I was in Charlotte I had to convince my friend (from SC) to let me try Bojangles. Something about the branding really spoke to me, plus I'd never tried a biscuit before. I don't know why he was so apprehensive, it was way better than Chick fil A or Zaxby's.

I also tried to convince him to take me to Waffle House but he refused.

Edgy as fuck. Shit taste as fuck

Also Publix is based, I ordered a four piece of fried chicken from the hot meals section and it almost took me a week to finish it

Who hurt you? Why do you respond to someone asking for your thoughts with such hate?

>that filename
>that post
wow

I went to college in Greenville. The Trappe Door is great, there's also a place right across the park called Chickora Alley that is quick relatively cheap and delicious. If you want to spend a bit more The Lazy Goat is lovely Mediterranean, get one of the paellas. All within walking distance of Falls Park

Eat at Waffle House every night. You have to eat like an american to get the full experience

Highly recommend this breakfast / brunch spot in Asheville called over easy cafe

literally what happened to wicked weed in Asheville you ignorant fuck

I'm from NY, I love these places.