Why does anyone bother going to sandwich shops? Not only is it cheaper to make an equal or better sandwich at home...

Why does anyone bother going to sandwich shops? Not only is it cheaper to make an equal or better sandwich at home, but it's also faster and easier to do so. If you're going to spend the time and money on going out to eat, why not go somewhere actually interesting?

to spite you

Lol

You have to go back

I wonder the same thing about most fastfood. It's rarely ever anything complicated the standard retard can't handle cooking.

Convenience.

Going to the store, going back, unpacking the ingredients and combining them is not easier than going to a sandwhich shop and shouting an order at a minimum wager and eating within a minute.

You know this very well.

Do you not keep your kitchen stocked with the food you'll need at least for the week? Do you go to the store and buy ingredients every time you want to make something?

Not everyone is a lazy faggot who works less than 12 hours a day to have time to cook.

People tend to go to sandwich shops on work breaks or when generally out and about.

I don't go out and make all my own meals, but I don't get this 'let's pretend to not understand common behaviours' approach.

Any activity engaged in on a large scale tends to have an obvious incentive, it's not hard to see why normies do what they do.

>needing to work more than 40 hours a week to comfortably support yourself
You've made some bad life choices.

>not just packing a sandwich
baka desu

I'm sick of this "cheaper is better" meme.

I don't want to waste the fucking time saving $2.00 or whatever when I just want to eat a shitty sandwich. If I'm out and about, a sandwich is easy, and I also don't eat enough sandwiches to keep a bunch of cold cuts, bread, lettuce, tomato, etc. on hand to make it cheaper.

I personally don't keep a fully stocked kitchen of food "for a week." I never know when friends are going to want to go out, when something else will keep me from eating at home, or when my tastes might be different from food shopping over the weekend.

I keep some essentials stocked and swing by the store on the way home from work if I feel like cooking.

Literally never had a home made sandwich as good as one from a deli

>I also don't eat enough sandwiches to keep a bunch of cold cuts, bread, lettuce, tomato, etc. on hand to make it cheaper.

For me, it's this to be honest family. I eat sandwiches maybe once a week. By the time I want to make a 3rd sandwich, my $10 of ingredients has gone bad. At that points it's not much more expensive to just get them at sandwich shops.

That's pretty sad that you can't make a better sandwich than some high school dropout

Let me guess, you're some idiot who thinks Subway counts as a sandwich shop or a deli

Kek, sure thing, and Sonic is a real hot dog place, and McDs is a real burger joint

>implying any sandwich shop or deli hires anyone with more than a GED

>Want a sandwich
>Buy some cheese, meat, tomatoes, lettuce, avacado, onions, bread
>consume
>about two days later the lettuce is bad
>throw it out
>a few days later the tomatoes and avacado is bad
>throw it out
>about a week later the bread is moldy
>throw it out

It's only cheaper to make your own sandwich if you actually use all the ingredients to make two, three, or four sandwiches. If you make just one sandwich and end up throwing everything away because you don't want to eat the same sandwich three or four days in a row, it's cheaper to go to a sandwich place.

>It's rarely ever anything complicated the standard retard can't handle cooking
Gee, I wonder why its called "fast" food then.

>throwing everything away

Good god, what's your IQ? Be honest.

Convenience

REE DON'T USE LOGIC ON MY MEME BOARD

the numbers seem exaggerated, but really, what would you do with rotting food that you didn't eat in time?

He eats them that's why his IQ is so high.

>buying more than you're going to eat
Why would you do this?

Do you eat wilted lettuce and soggy tomatoes on moldy, hard bread?

What's wrong with you?

You can't buy individual leaves of lettuce or individual slices of cheese, at least not at any grocery stores in my area.

Subway in UK is not that bad, almost better than McDonald cuz for a foot long its only £5 but for a big mac meal in McD it can go over £5 and Sand witch sometimes great, if you always go to eat in constant stores. Change is always great and Fresh

Which is why "saving money" is a bullshit argument. Half of your shit you're going to buy is going to go to waste if you're a single person, unless you're autistically dedicated to eating the same basic thing or planning out a meal plan before you go to the store.

Buying in bulk only makes sense for families.

>what do you do with real food?

Let's see. You make a sandwhich a couple of days. Then you make a salad with the vegetables. Can't eat a loaf of bread in a week? Freeze it. Put the meat in the salad or make an omelette with it.

See, you don't have to be a poor fuck dumping money to megacorporations who will fuck you until there is nothing left. Get depression era and save money you dumbass. Maybe then you can begin to pay off your $200,000 student debt, lol.

>making a meal plan is autism
Just how lazy, wasteful, and shortsighted can you idiots get?

Do you eat the same fucking kind of sandwich 7 days a week? I eat out because I want variety.

Newsflash, retardo. You can use the sandwich ingredients to make things other than sandwiches.

I already made my point. I have friends and coworkers that want to go out for food. Planning out what I want to eat for the next seven days is stupid. What I want Sunday might not sound good Friday.

Or get a job so you don't have to "get depression era." Why the fuck is saving a few dollars so important? We don't have to stretch our dollar like there's bread lines and rations... because there aren't.

>not scrounging every penny you can so you'll be ready once the next recession hits
>not telling your friends to give you a week's notice on invitations and declining any on-the-spot invites

>lel just make it at home
What if I'm traveling and I just want something simple to eat?

Why get something boring when you could get something interesting?

Interesting stuff is for when I have the time to sit down and eat. I will always have a proper dinner, don't get me wrong. I'm a lot more lenient with breakfast/lunch, though.

If I have a bus/train/plane to catch and I'm feeling a bit peckish, I'll either get a sandwich, or get nothing at all.

Also, sandwiches can be interesting.

There is already a fast food thread up. You do not need a new thread for what could fit in there.

Go away famalam

we had a really good make your own sandwich shop here but it got closed due to nigs stealing from it

lol enjoy staying poor faggot