Doctor said I need to lose about 50 pounds. Guess that means I can say hello to steamed kale, boiled cabbage...

Doctor said I need to lose about 50 pounds. Guess that means I can say hello to steamed kale, boiled cabbage, mushy vegetables and salted, flavorless fish for the rest of the year.

Any tips on healthy eating for someone who actually enjoys food?

Exercise

"Unsalted, " sorry. So mad I can't even type straight.

Just go keto and pig out on fatty bullshit. really easy and tasty AF.

>I have to eat literal garbage or I can't lose weight
Have you considered eating less?

Just give up, boogie

>50 lb
>Boogie
Try 350.

Just don't eat.

eat what you want, just count calories.

a big mac is 560-600 calories. that's fine for one single meal.

you fat fucks always fail 'cause you think dieting is all bland broccoli and brown rice.

I enjoy food and I eat healthy. It's really not that hard. Have you considered just not gorging yourself?

Eat smaller portions, go for a run.
Massive diet changes like that are only relevant if you're eating mcdonalds every day.

>oh poor me, I don't know how to cook so I'll take healthy ingredients and fuck them all up so I can play the victim when I fail.

>muh false dilemma diet
>what is portion control

You can eat the same shit, just eat less of it and combine that with an exercise schedule you can stick to.

Get fucked Boogie

You sound like a fucking whiny bitch. You could have taken give minutes to actually look up some healthy eating info instead of parroting out some shit you read in a women's fitness magazine. Instead you're sulking like a child whose parents told him he can't play his video games tonight. Go back to stuffing your fat hole with ice cream so you'll die sooner.

I cut 40 pounds in two months with moderate exercise and cutting processed sugar and carbohydrates.

I you really like food and you want to eat a diet that still tastes good but allows you to easily lose weight the best bet is cooking it yourself. When I had to lose 65lbs first thing I did was identify the really calorie dense foods I had little to no self-control over, and stopped buying them. So no more cheese and charcuterie. And I cut out sugar, of course. Then I started exercising, which really sucks, because a workout that kicks an out of shape guy's ass still isn't that much of a workout - it takes months of training to work up to a meaningful workout. But it still kicks your ass anyways.

But it was really cooking that did it for me. Making dinner lentils, brown rice and mustard greens, for example. That sounds pretty grim, but it you look up how they'd do that in India you can make it fucking delicious. Also it's cheap, though you have to spend more time in the kitchen transforming it into delicious food.

Basically as I got skinnier the amount of time I spent exercising and cooking increased, but the portion sizes it took to make me feel full and the amount I spent on groceries both decreased.

Good luck.

go hit the gym, lard ass

Exercise regularly 2 times a day. And drink lots of water and eat healthy. But still eat what u normally eat just less of it. Also calorie count.

Start taking white kidney bean extract, it basically is a carbohydrate blocker, it is scientificly proven to work.

>350lbs
you need to lose 150 lbs, not 50 you deluded fat fuck.

Excercise for weight loss is a meme.

Diet is the crucial component to weight loss, excercise is healthy and never a bad idea, but without diet change it is entirely ineffective.

eat the same thing every work day at a ~500 calorie deficit from what you would need to maintain weight

treat yourself to two nice meals on weekends but don't go over your needed intake

do some cardio 3-4 times a week for 30 minutes

Does your company also advertise a $10.00/12 oz can of estrogen blocker on Clear Channel right wing talk shows?

Just eat less you fat ass.

>Guess that means I can say hello to steamed kale, boiled cabbage, mushy vegetables and salted, flavorless fish for the rest of the year.
No you dumbass, it means you can say hello to whatever the fuck you were eating except less to the point that you're eating below your total daily energy expenditure.

It's really that easy. Eat the calories that is maintenance for the size you want to be. Thermodynamics does the rest.

Just be patient and stick to it. Exercise if you want to change your body type rather than just becoming a bigger or smaller version of what you are now. Packing on some muscle can make keeping weight off easier, as your resting use of calories will go up, and your heart and lungs could probably use some work if you've been stressing them by being overweight.

Don't eat anything different except if you're used to eating shit.
Cut out sugary drinks (a small bottle is good if you absolutely crave it).

If you aren't into it already try substituting unhealthy drinks and snacks with coffee and tea when you get a craving for something flavorful.

Treat yourself at least one time a week, a cheat day is fine but don't overdo it.

Good luck

Jesus. If I lost 50 pounds I'd be a literal skeleton. This fatty needs to only lose 50 pounds so his leaky carcass can hope to fit inside of the crematory casket.

Get help fatty. You don't have the willpower to do it on your own.

That is just too much exercise man. 2 times a day is just asking to be burn out within the first week

You can lose weight pretty fast skipping shit like beer and soda. I lost nearly 30lbs that way in 3 months but I put most of it back on because I love beer

Try getting a Fitbit and hit 10k steps a day

Cut out any bullshit food and drink

Doctor told me the same. I cut out soda, anything with sugar, no potatoes or rice and no bread or pasta. I lost 70 lbs in 3 months just doing that. Bacon wrapped chicken breast broccoli sauteed in butter with mushroom was my favorite dinner. You can do it breh, carbs and sugar is your enemy and also a calorie surplus will make you fat no matter what you eat.

I second this, but i would keep carbs and sugar to a minimum because diabetes

Weight loss is like 90% diet. Op would burn 100, 200 max, calories a day at the gym. That's around 1 can of soda.

He should eat less to lose weight and exercise for health. You shouldn't make it a goal to lose weight. You should make it a goal to drop fat. There's a difference.

Is it safe to just eat 1 can of vanilla frosting only every other day and on the off days eat just 1 bag of Cheetos?

I used to be around 245 lbs two years ago, I'm down to 183. I would like to be around 150 by next year.

Think of yourself as a car and food as fuel. We are used to fueling up once or twice in the day, when you indulge in extra calories, it's like filling up an extra container of gas.
Pretty soon, you have a lot of extra gas containers because you're fueling up more than you're actually traveling.

The key is to burn more calories than you consume during the day so your body can use that extra energy that it stored away.

Stop eating and drinking empty calories, I lost my first 10 lbs by giving up juice, soda, milk, bread, cereal, and other processed foods.
Start reading nutrition labels, avoid foods that are high in calories and low in nutrients, such as potato chips.

If you like the gym, then sign up for one. I personally prefer to hit up the state parks and go hike for two hours. I recently bought a jump rope and a trampoline, they both get my heart rate up, but the trampoline is easier on my knees. Choose activities that you enjoy doing, otherwise exercise is just a chore.

So yeah, you can either eat bland food and not exercise, or you can exercise and eat what you want in moderation.

Try steamed pork shoulder. It's pretty good.

Don't drink your calories. Drink water and nothing else

100 pushups, 100 situps, 100 squats and run 10km every single day

You can eat well, just eat less, eat more vegetables and exercise.

>Op would burn 100, 200 max, calories a day at the gym. That's around 1 can of soda.
Are you fucking kidding me? OP's fat ass would burn 100 calories walking one mile at a leisurely fucking pace.

Once you start getting fit after about three months of exercise, you can start burning a lot more calories per session. Five miles in an hour isn't hard to get to, and for someone of say, 14 stone, that's nearly 800 calories burnt in that day. Add in high intensity training and and strength sessions and that's over a 1000 calories burnt up.

dont eat after 6pm. considering you go to bed at a normal time.

my friend is a nutritionist, and this is what she tells certain clients to do, such as actors and models, pretty much anyone who wasnt already fat.

she says this is what most celebrities do to lose weight

also she says this is what asian countries do too, and americans have no idea for some reason

>Maintaining a steady calorific intake whilst increasing your exercise to burn more calories than you normally would is a meme

Okay, whatever you need to tell yourself you fat lazy fuck.

This thread is full of bullshit fatty advice. If you really want tips on healthy eating head over to Veeky Forums and read the sticky

drink more water
do reasonable amounts of exercise
count calories
get enough sleep

Veeky Forums diet advice is atrocious

Calm your man-tits there, Veeky Forums

Exercise doesn't burn calories. Ok, you fucking mong

If you take 5000 calories per day and starts exercising, burning 1000 calories plus the normal BMR, you would still left 1700-ish surplus calories at the end.

>If you take 5000 calories per day

No fucking shit. Who in the fuck said that was a sustainable plan. But as you like maths:

You eat 2300 calories a day (I.e. a normal balanced diet)
You go to the gym three days a week, burning 760 calories each time.
Hey, look! You've burned an entire day's worth of calories! You've only actually consumed 6 days worth of food for the entire week!

FUCKING MAGIC

That isn't even bothering with the increase in resting rate and muscle mass causing an increase in your base metabolism, because I think that may go over your head.

Nobody ever said that exercise doesn't burn calories.

The point is that exercise is far less efficient for calorie loss than reducing intake instead. It's a lot less effort to simply, say, not drink that can of cola than it would be to jog for the 45 minutes required to burn off its calories.

>The point is that exercise is far less efficient for calorie loss than reducing intake instead

Why not both?

Both is ideal!

But reducing calories via eating less is the far more effective of the two.

Some of the advice in this thread is pretty solid. Just try your best to keep a positive mindset while you improve yourself.

Veeky Forums is definitely worth hitting up. Rail thin so I honestly don't think my own contributions would be valid. Good luck to you OP.

I lost 30 pounds sitting on my ass all day. All I did is drink water and eat less. Cut out all the sweets and snacks, have like 1 or 2 meals a day and never overeat.

Just..eat less.

What about a obese person who can't exercise much without having a heart attack ?

Then they start small and work their way up.

an obese person*

You start gently, where "gently" is adapted to your situation, no matter where you start from. Unless you are so fat you are bed bound, you can exercise, even if it's only 5 minutes walking slowly on a treadmill.

Learn to like salted potato. Potatoes are thought of as calorie-dense, but they're really not. What is calorie dense is butter, cheese, etc. Try making mashed potatoes, but instead of adding milk/cream/cheese/butter, add pureed butter beans or pureed boiled carrot. You can eat craptons of the stuff and actually be healthier for it.

Other tips: beans. High in fiber and protein, fill you up fast, good for cardiovascular health. Try making soups. Good way to get a lot of vegetables and beans and stuff.

Whole-wheat pasta with homemade tomato sauce is healthy.

>2300 calories
okay pajeet

>760 calories in a single gym session
>3 sessions a week

Wow so hard.

Yup, worked for me as well. I've cut 90% of the processed sugar and reduced carbs moderatly and the weight went down by itself.

Pretty much this.

If you can cut out processed junk that was engineered to overstimulate your taste buds long enough, you will find there are lots of flavor in real food. But adjusting through that period will take some mental toughness. Adjust your attitude to one that sees this as a good thing & not a chore.

I don't understand this shit....

There's plenty of GOAT tier meals you can make that don't rely on fats or sugars for flavors, you just have to train your fat disgusting mouth to appreciate them.

Garlic - by itself makes damn near every thing better, including fish.

Ginger - same as garlic

Chili peppers - they have great flavors, and the heat they provide releases endorphins.

All of the above combined in a paste is just fucking awesome with any protein or vegetable combo.

Spices like cumin, coriander, cinnamon, clove, chili powders of all types add great flavors without fat or massive calories.

Vinegars - balsamic, apple cider, red or white wine, champagne, there's all kinds, and they are excellent flavor enhancers and can be used to make sauces.

There's plenty of options to eat flavorful foods without all the excess calories from fats to flavor them.

Oppai!

Still, at that stage the diet is more important than the exercise.

Roast them veggies, boy.
Seriously. Roasted cabbage is awesome, and you can eat a whole damn head of it without hurting your diet.
>cut cabbage into wedges, leavingthe root end intact so the wedges hold together
>spritz with some nonfat cooking spray, so the seasoning will stick, and the wedges won't stick to the pan
>season with pepper, no-salt seasoning of your choice, whatever
>roast at 425F until the wedges start to turn golden brown on the cut sides
>take out, and squeeze lemon juice over them and serve (goes well with some grilled chicken or fish)

Don't drink soda, don't eat sweets or empty carbs like chips. Eat smaller portions, learn to fucking cook you sack of assholes.

If your vegetables are mushy and flavorless you're a retard. Roasted carrots are delicious with nothing but a bit of salt and pepper. Charred broccoli is delicious. Snow peas fried in a bit of olive oil are amazing. If you have downs, then you can be excused for booking everything into mush since I guess chewing is hard or something? Otherwise get bent you piece of shit.

>for the rest of the year.
For the rest of your life, fat fuck. Change your stupid ways forever or die

>Any tips on healthy eating for someone who actually enjoys food?
make tastey low cal foods
or skip breakfast and eat 2 good meals a day

>Only fatty greasy food is "enjoyable"

Nice bait. A fucking fat child indeed. I'm a professional Chef. Have been for 10 years. Literally every single Chef worth a goddamn knows flavor comes from vegetables. Meat tastes like fucking nothing.
I don't know why I even posted this. You're not ever going to make it.