What's the most efficient way to cut a watermelon?

What's the most efficient way to cut a watermelon?

god i love black people

theres an obvious joke about black people and watermelon here but that was pretty fuckin awesome I couldn't dice up a watermelon that fast if I tried

With a big fucking hammer

>hitting the cutting board with the knife once in a while
Why the fuck do people do this?

pretty sure its to help adjust your grip on the knife

To recenter the blade, richy rich.

I've started doing it too since looking at the saltbae fag's videos and I hate myself.

>richy rich
It dulls the blade, so a richy rich is more likely to smack the blade around since he wouldn't give a fuck

YAAAAS QUEEEEENNN SLAAYYYYY

>I hate myself.

Well... At least you won't feel alone.

what's the connection with black people and watermelon? all you rustics who love to rave about your freed slaves, now is the time. I actually want to know this time.

also for future reference I'm not interested when the topic is ramen or kimchi or curry or whatever. just as long as you stay on topic we're good. watermelon seems to be related to your freed slaves, what is the story? now or never please

Many blacks grew and sold watermelon after being freed as slaves

Man, that's a nice shirt.

Because it looks "chef-y"

this webm triggers me so much
>cutting towards yourself
>wasting this much watermelon
>irregular sized chunks

chop it into quarters

make vertical slices

then horizontal slices

you should have perfect cubes at this point

then chop the leftover pieces

then you should only have rinds at this point.

SHO IS GOOD

>wasting this much watermelon
literally rinds

showmanship

Why do some people opt to pay more than the cost of a whole melon for a cling wrapped melon half? Is the store hoping to prey on those who see the per pound price and assume it's for the whole thing?

HOW BOUT DAT!!! DAT SUM WATTAMELAN!!!

>why do people pay more for prepared food
really makes your almonds jog

that's exactly how i do it.

it's a bit wasteful, but i just eat the remaining scraps.

I don't mean cut up flesh of half a melon, just a whole melon half. Where's the added value?

With ancient Japanese steel folded over 10,000 times.

That's actually pretty fucking impressive.
I'd have stumps after 5 seconds of that.

I'm told high carbon stuff makes fruit taste less good?

Notice the chainmail glove?

Watermelon is native to Africa and just about only africa

I kek'd

But seriously, cube it, throw it in yogurt, throw some suger in there if you want (1/2 tbs per quarter of watermelon is my go to) and enjoy!

Just like that kek.

What grade is your panniculus?

Real talk, they hit the knife to get any shit sticking to the knife off of it. Conservation of momentum and all that.

that probably won't work, when something sticks to a knife it almost makes like a vacuum seal. you'd have to hit it way too hard for most things to come off.

This guy's right. Back in the day, slaves were granted small plots of land to grow food for themselves or sale while not busy with their required work. The reason why so many slaves grew watermelons is because it's a very low effort crop to grow, which is why blacks eating watermelon became derogatory. It's essentially a spin on the "blacks are lazy" trope because they couldn't be fucked to grow cereal crops like a proper man.