Mediocre

>location
>Why the food is so mediocre.

Idaho
Mediocre is all you have to be and you have it made.

Denver

We actually have great food here

>Ohio
>don't live in any of the big cities
>but a few local venues are pretty good

Australia

Everyone is drunk and we just want something cheap to fill our stomachs.

I've visited Ohio a few times for work

You guys have awesome places to eat but one complaint, one serious fucking compaint about Oho

No 24 hr food places near busy hotels

I landed 9pm, hitched a ride to the hotel at 10pm and settled in

Hotel doesn't serve food after hours
Go for a walk outside
Nearly 11pm at this point
Nothing is open, no drive thrus, no fucking places open

What airport?

>Texas
actually the Mexican, BBQ, and seafood are all fantastic but finding anything else is impossible unless you live in Houston or Austin

Houston here
Can confirm our food is fucking amazing

It's great, idk about "fucking amazing"

still severely lacking in good Italian, and all the nignogs and traffic makes it kinda not worth it

Portland, OR

We actually have some good food here, but there's some qualifiers.
>The best restaurants are ethnic cuisines that have been redone by white chefs. See: PokPok, Lardo, Por Que No, Santeria
>The worst restaurants are anything saying they're reinvented/upscale/deconstructed classic american cuisine.
>Avoid downtown. The only food thats good down there are cult food carts with mile long lines and restaurants that avg $70 a plate.
>Avoid anything in coastal resort towns or on top of a mountain.
>If you go to VooDoo donuts I hope you drown yourself on cough syrup

Boston

It's not, it's pretty fantastic. we have nearly everything here

California
because fitting in to muh sekrit elit klub matters more than enjoying things you enjoy. there's amazing food, don't get me wrong, but why is the consumption of kale become a literal meme?

It was in Cincinnati Ohio

I was in Boston a few months back on a business trip

Fucking awesome place, only one complaint though, well two maybe

1. Traffic in Boston is no joke and some of the worst jams I've been in
2. Plane was stuck for 2 hours delay due to snow!!!!

Everyone just sat on the flight, man that sucked

Mobile, AL

conecuh sausage in EVERYTHING and that shit is fire. people kinda push the raw oyster thing a bit too hard here. personally, im not that big into seafood but this is a port city so it comes with the territory.

we finally got a whole foods now so we arent like a total third world country anymore.

we don't have any good beer gardens. Most bars cater to college bros in general really.

Dallas TX,

9.8/10 restaurants around me are chain stores with staff that couldn't be fucked to give a rat's ass about the quality of their food. Nobody here has figured out how to make a decent pizza without charging $30 a pie by importing water from new york (I'm completely serious about that). And there is a complete drought of good bread in this city. I JUST WANT A FUCKING KAISER ROLL THAT DOESN'T CRUMBLE INTO DUST, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!?

D-railed in Idaho falls is great, but that's about it.

Yea. there is a great pub somewhere around Boston

I wasn't the driver so not sure where however the bar scene in boston is outstanding

I even have some pics...

>Just got marching orders

I'll be in Ohio again sometime soon

I love this place

I love California as a place, but literally everyone who lives there is a walking meme.
Cool land but just don't bother with the people.

>colorado springs, colorado
>79% of population has only high school education
>bus system stops running at 9pm, effectively killing a downtown nightlife
>christian fundamentalist stronghold

its like living in a Flintstones episode. If the food has anything more than mayo, salt and pepper, you will be strung up and burned alive.

:)

I'm in Denver

What do you do for fun in Colorado ?

North Carolina

I used to live in colorado springs; dont anymore.

There's nothing to do there for fun except use the hike/bike trails. But since the city has no funding for social programs there are tons of bums who set up tents and shit along the hike/bike trails. its a horrible city. just horrible.

currently live in austin. at least here they treat the bums to make them less of a public nuisance. in colorado springs the bums get no help at all... the cops just ignore them. so john q. public has to deal with them all day long.

in denver you should go to a colorado rockies game. tickets can be had for like 15 bucks each for bad seats. the baseball isnt the reason to go. they have a bunch of cool hotdogs. like the bacon, blue cheese dog. also near coors field they have marijuana dispensaries. and in the area is Lower Downtown (LoDo) with tons of breweries and restaurants.

Try to hit up the Highline Canal trail system while there. It's very beautiful and super relaxing to walk on.

Oh, and don't forget to kiss the feet of the John Elway statue at the airport.

You've gotta know what holes in the wall to visit.
Otherwise yeah pretty much every restaurant here is garbage.

ehh

>Colorado games

I can't really do that, I'm alone here for business and no way I'm interested in going out by myself

i just head out to the mountains for hiking/shooting etc..

if you dont want to do anything by yourself how about hire some whore to keep you company. you fucking coward.

I'm rich actually

How do I hire someone to keep me company?

You mean get a gf? I don't go out expect to work or travel to multiple states...

i'm a workaholic bro

backpage dot com

tons of young females or males you can rent. and to be honest, they will probably have some really good ideas of where to spend time if you ask them.

Cincinnati

Running and keeping business here is Nightmare Mode. And try running one that sells alcohol.

To get your foot in the door 'facilitation payments' are the cost of doing business. That's just a fancy way of saying paying bribes. It's just disgusting how much of a cut city officials want if you ever hope to see things like water permits.

This is relevant because any time a young entrepreneur comes to the city with a fresh idea Reality(tm) sets in about what they are dealing with. And you know what? They get fed up and leave.

>Cincinnati

I love this place

Last board i expected to see Idahoans in honestly.

>Pittsburgh
>Food used to consist entirely of sandwiches and pancakes
>Now it's becoming one of the best small cites for restaurants in the US

can you really buy koala meat at the grocery store? What about other stupid 'straya animals, like wallabes and duck billed platipussies?

used to live in pittsburgh and their old school food culture is shit
>putting fries inside a sandwich is our thing
>putting fries on a salad is our thing
>shitty version of polish food is our thing

I know, that's what I'm saying. There are so many new restaurants everywhere since the past couple years. Primanti's is just another sports bar at this point.

Arizona
Hipster SJW ethnicity stuff N and S of me, Europhile nationalistic stuff around me. Most people here have recently come in from out of state, even within a generation, and that first generation didn't have much interest in local culture. Most of the few good places that start up get drowned out because of some perception, whether it be political influence on what culture is interesting or best or deserving of exploration or whatever or that people are more limited to what they already think they will like or what is classy or trendy. Its gotten a little better since we've started taking food a little more seriously, but that just means the food critics hold all the power in deciding what fancy place stays or goes, and they're not really interested in good local stuff, either. They need to keep their following, and they feed off of readily available preconceptions as much as anyone else, if not more so.

First sentence of the paragraph and you already used four buzzwords.
Do you want us to take you seriously if you speak like a moron?