How will waiters recover from this? their days of getting mad because the feel entitled to free money will be long gone

how will waiters recover from this? their days of getting mad because the feel entitled to free money will be long gone

what is that guy staring at? did he forget his girlfriend is right in front of him?

Hey, if his girlfriend's gonna stare at a machine, he might as well stare at one too.

well fuck now I'm gonna have start tipping a fucking robot too

Probably gonna waste it all on robo booze.

Americans go to restaurants not just for food, but to be the boss for a change, because they're abused so much at their own jobs.

where do waiters go to be the boss?

Other restaurants

waiterception

It's been a couple years since I last posted this, but you deserve it.

Find one that can do all the menial shit in a restaurant like rolling silverware, setting up the restaurant, brewing tea and coffee, and dealing with shitheads like OP for under $15/day and I'll gladly quit my job for something else.

>inb4 working as waiters is what causes robots to overthrow humanity

Haha Veeky Forums has been making me chuckle all night.

>be a little bitch and start a scene at a restaurant
>waiter spit at your food
Nice power fantasy you got there

dat ass tho...

Pot, kettle, etc.

What's the point? It's completely harmless if they don't know you did it. The spitter only proves to their self they are a piece of shit.

Yeah but I smoke and have hepatitis. Seeing someone taking a bite of your throat gunk if they are being as asshole is totally justified. I always refer to the golden rule of restaurants:

"Don't fuck with the people that fuck with your food!"

This thread is gold.

You never, ever spit at a customer's food. You spit IN their food.

On day you'll make it through puberty and actually get a job.

Real talk tho, won't work. Studies have shown people like/need an actual human there to interact with. Both because as user notes, the service industry is how Americans express their hatred of one another, and also we're simply social creatures. Robots also cannot handle customer service related issues or anything other than Binary tasks.

This is one of the reason's Automats and conveyor belt restaurants remain niche, and while ubiquitous the Self Checkout has not replaced the cashier as many industry people thought it would.

Kek

I'd honestly tip the robot before the average American waiter or waitress.

At least the robot will always be polite, and will deliver my food with ruthless efficiency.

Lots of cafe style places have been opening here. What "service" do I need besides conveying a string and moving a thing?

I prefer to be the Angel of Death of the restaurant industry. I'm not the only one of my friends that do it either. If you've acted a fool at a restaurant or returned to a restaurant after an intentionally shitty tip, there's a good chance that some overworked waiter has smoked down a Marlboro and hocked a loogie somewhere in your meal. If you stiff someone, my advice is to never return to that restaurant.

You ever see a dude shit in the KFC gravy and serve it to a rude soccer mom? Holding in those keks was unbearable

Oh god, I so approve of terrorists like you. Excuse me, "freedom fighter" is what I meant.

Either you're a completely shitty person who's "that guy" whenever others go out for dinner or you are trying to spew some anti-American propaganda.

She is a cutie, I would definitely flirt with her as she took my order and whatnot.

Someone to complain to when something isn't to your liking for the most part

I do the same thing. Fuck a shit tipper. I get that people think its funny to fuck with people's tips on Veeky Forums, but let me warn you guys, I've worked at several places where this is the norm.

Her elbows are way too sharp and her smile is insincere

2/10 would not bang

Well robot waiters like that are still long off, all the current stuff is basically just like those "self-checkout isles" in some grocery stores. Even once humanoid robots are available and affordable some/many people will pay a premium to be waited on by people.

Really the whole robot waiter thing is just a threat to workers in shitty chains like mcdonalds but by the time they're around automation elsewhere will have probably put enough people out of work to fuck the economy and crash those businesses anyway from no one being able to afford to buy their shit.

kfc gravy shitting is more common than one would want to think

when i was a kid i had a friend whose parents won something like this in some sorth of contest or something
i dont remember much, it was controlled remotely by the mother and had a microphone she talked through and i was convinced they had a robot butler

thats why you make a scene after they bring your food

Robots need alcohol, though.

real problem with automation is that there are too many pople around
we can see a natural decline when jobs started to become scarce but then the goverment started bringing people from somewhere else and giving them money to have children just to sustain itself
its clear that the future involves fewer people and smaller goverment specially now that crime has gone down so much
you are all holding the future and natural progression back

>Fuck a shit tipper
get cancer

I've never seen anyone shit in their food but I've seen some nearly as bad stuff before that's almost made me feel bad for some of them.

"Free money"
>provides customer service
>takes your order
>brings your drinks
>brings your food
>brings anything else you ask for
>brings your check
>brings your change
>brings your to go box for your leftovers
>picks up your dishes
>cleans up the table
>share tips with the kitchen staff
they usually have other responsibilities assigned to them that they are paid minimum wage for, but tips come in solely based on quick and friendly service.

If you think a waiter doesn't do anything, then go back home, prep your own food, cook in your own kitchen, clean your own mess, shit in your own toilet. Stop expecting other people to provide these services for you.

Or just wait until you have a robot wife

She seems preoccupied.

This is gonna sound weird, but I bet it feels suuuper good to scrub that rust off. It looks kind of flaky, like tree bark, and I can imagine all the little bumps and flakes chipping off and flattening out as you scrub it down with vinegar and steel wool back to a good shine.

>Walks back and forth from the kitchen with a tray
>Folds napkins and cleans a table
wow so hard.

Waiters don't cook, they don't wash the dishes, they don't clean the kitchen, 99% of them don't even clean the fucking floors since that's only done by closing staff.
You want a tip you go fucking do a job that can't be replaced by you literally not being there and me picking my food up at a window.

My point is: do it yourself if you don't want to pay someone else to do it

Stop going to places where they need to pay someone to polish silverware and fold napkins if you're so against it.

>does their job

Not one of those things you listed in greentext deserves a tip, as that is the bare minimum expected of them.

>If you think a waiter doesn't do anything, then go back home, prep your own food, cook in your own kitchen, clean your own mess, shit in your own toilet. Stop expecting other people to provide these services for you.

I'm not expecting them to provide these services for me for nothing; I'm paying for my food, which should allow the employer to pay the waiter a proper wage. I'm sorry that you signed up to get assfucked by your employer, but no part of that is my fault. If every waiter stopped waiting tables until tips weren't considered mandatory, they wouldn't have to wait very long to get back to work.

>but tips come in solely based on quick and friendly service.

This is how it SHOULD be. Tips shouldn't be expected, they should be a bonus for good service, that goes beyond the basic requirements of your job.

>do it yourself
I would happily serve myself if the restaurant allowed it.
I go out to eat because I don't want to cook that day. I pay for the food and would happily tip the chef, but the wait staff can go fuck themselves unless they're really doing something special.

then go to mcdonalds nigger

I'm going to simplify things for you since you're having trouble understanding. The incentive for good service and lower food costs is covered by the tip. The reason you tip at the end is because it's a reflection on your entire dining experience. Can you really not afford to tip at a restaurant? If that answer is yes (be honest) then you can't afford to be eating there. Go get fast food, where you don't have someone literally wait on you.