Potatosalad OC

A very easy and tasty potatosalad that fits well with fish or a nice BBQ.

First start by giving the potatos a quick wash and then cover them with cool water(helps cook them evenly). Should take about 20-30mins depending on size and type. A good test is to stab them with a sharp knife and if they slide off easily they are done.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AhImW2R9VDg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Now get everything else you need together! You can run the potatos under cold water, my mum allways said it makes them peel better.

Dice the pickles and onion (should be about 2/3 ratio)
If its for a BBQ you can cut up a sausage of some ham aswell but im not a big fan.

Now to the dressing. Start with about half a glass of pickle juice. Add 1-2 tablespoons of sugar(depending on how sour you like it) and lots of black pepper.
Then add around about 3 tablespoons of mayo and 2 of joguhrt. Stir and taste, add salt and pepper as needed(the potatos soak up alot flavour).

Peel and slice your potatos and then add everything too the dressing.
You may think it is too much liquid but the starch from the potatos gives it a great creamy texture after its been in the fridge for roughly 2hours (its even the better the next day)

Finished product with a shitty hotdog as i still enjoy horrible things...

For any other krauts here is the recipe.
You can add hard boiled eggs or some fresh herbs but i like it simple and its the way my family has allways made it so its nostalgic as fuck without to many frills.

>sugar

no

That looks pretty good actually. It's a nice change from the drowned in mayo potato salad common over here.
Some questions: what size is your glass or rather can you put water into the glass at the same level as your pickle juice and then pour it into a measuring cup?
How many potatoes or how many kg or lbs?
Can you take a picture of the nutrition label on your mayo and yogurt? In the US, some have more fat and eggs than the others.
Thanks for posting.

diggi du schreibst wie ein mädchen.

nice salad though

>mayo instead of sour cream

Thanks for the reply.
The entire glass is 200ml and it was about half so ~50-100 ml.
The joguhrt has 3.5% and its normal mayo. (not sure if you can read bit here is a pic anyway)
Not sure how many Kgs as i allways just guess, but with about 8-10 middle sized potatos its enough for 3 people.

Wenn du meinst... aber danke!

>yep.

Habs jetzt verstanden, das ist auch die schrift meiner freundein :3

That's very helpful. Thank you.

No probs dude. I'm happy to see a serious reply and some intrest in the OC (have tried a couple of times and its normaly just 'trolls')

Your potato salad looks good. But as a fat American, I'd have three more sausages with it.

i only took one as i knew i was going to get more salad after the first plate anway... that way i dont feel to bad about eating shitty meat tubes!

That's not a dressing. The consistency is too thick. What you made is a sauce, and because your potatoes don't have a dressing, it's legitimately not a potato salad. Nice try, though, I'd give you points for effort.

Dont add any, but then it will be relativly sour.

Pretty similar to how I make it, but no yogurt/pickle and with mustard, milk instead of pickle juice.

>You can add hard boiled eggs
I put this in too, but I finely grate them into the dressing. I've had it with sliced hard boiled eggs but the texture doesn't go well together I think. Finely grating them into the dressing gives it more texture and makes it heartier, try that if you want to.

There are regions here that do an oil base but i prefer it like this.
Do you have a better recipe? Love trying new things and my gf loves potatosalad anyway.

My parents allways added mustard, but my gf isnt a big fan of it so if she is there i leave it out.
I never liked eggs for the same reason, but that sounds like a cool idea. will keep it in mind!

youtube.com/watch?v=AhImW2R9VDg
Best potato salad recipe I've ever come across.

I'll smoke this bowl and check it out, thanks!

He's been trolling Veeky Forums about dressings and sauces for a bit, ignore him

It's a video about french fries with cheese sauce, just more trolling

Reminded me of being rick roll'd

thanks for the good laugh.

No, it's a video about potato (vegetable) being dressed with tomato sauce (dressing). By definition it's a salad.

It's gotten pretty bad over the past few years because reasons. Ignore, report, and try another time if it's that bad.

Does that mean that potato gratin is alao a salad?
i have been living a lie my entire life...

Nigga what you want to do is get some king fucking Edwards and boil the cunts; then marinade in a mixture of apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, and a bit of suger for atleast a couple of hours; then you fucking dice some fucking dill fucking pickles, fucking thinly fucking slice some fucking spring fucking onions and some fucking radishes; then you fucking mix with some fucking mayo. That's how real fucking cunts make fucking potatoe fucking salad.

I know. Its abit of luck too, and i guess its also good to post at certain times, but if it doesnt get a good response i just give the thread up.

>Noun. A mixture containing a specified ingredient served with a dressing.
Yes, gratin is classified as a salad.

fuck me dude thats a fucking crazy recipe, but i dont fuck with mayo alone as the fucking dressing.

Well what the fuck would you fucking change?

Look at the recipe in this thread... thats what i would change it into.

Hmmmm..... Looks fucking shite

fuck that, and fuck you!

>round slices

I think its something that i picked up off my mum/nan. But i dont really like it with diced tats.