>Try "good whiskey"
>It tastes like fucking shit

I don't understand what the FUCK the appeal of this shit is

Not drinking 5l to get shitfaced

K

>there's a "beer is shit" meme
>but everyone likes whiskey
what is wrong with this world

'Good whiskey' is only an excuse for rich people to get shitfaced without them looking like peasants.

Go eat a bowl of rum raisin flavored ice cream, lick on a young wet tree branch, eat a sour apple and smoke a cig and afterwards down a fifth of cheap vodka.

Wa la.

You have now recreated the feel of expensive whisky while saving a lot of money.

People like getting drunk

>rum raisin flavored ice cream

ergh

you know how most people drift through life not knowing much? this is what you end up with. stupid people who haven't seen, heard, experienced anything but they don't realize they should shut the fuck up before they display how fucking stupid they look to everyone.

Yeah, I find that a lot. Dumb people with no taste trying to push things on you for no reason because they want to show off that they like things. Whiskey people are insufferable. At least beer people don't push things that taste objectively bad and then say "you have to develop a taste for it"

funny. I find those garage beer idiots to be the worst. "wurst"? I just fucking hate their culture so much. They work at a cheese factory and come home to make youtube videos about wort.

have you ever had an IPA

Fuck off pleb anything in life that's worth enjoying you need to develop a taste for. Just like when you try disgusting shit from other countries but after awhile you actually understand why they like it. Or like anal sex.

>They work at a cheese factory and come home to make youtube videos about wort.

Most people who 'drink whiskey' know fuck all about whiskey and think their £25 supermarket bourbon is quality because it costs more than Jack Daniels and has a faded effect label. These people are the same kind of morons who tell people who don't like whiskey that they need to try 'good whiskey': firstly the 'good whiskey' they recommend is usually shit and secondly even if it wasn't, to someone who isn't accustomed to drinking whiskey it's still going to taste foul because all they'll taste is a blast of 90 proof alcohol.

There's a reason the first step to learning about whiskey is spending a year going through bottom shelf low age statement bottlings until you can properly differentiate between them. There is literally no point blowing £80 on something you can't pronounce because all you'll get out of it is a numb tongue and buyer's remorse.

"You have to rewire your brain to enjoy poison" No thanks, the only people that enjoy liquor straight or neat coincidentally are also alcoholics. I love bourbon and coke tho.

imho, the most underrated aspect of enjoying most highly alcoholic beverages is the drinking technique. if you just chuck it down like water or beer the sting of the alcohol and the bitternis is just disgusting. you need to drink slowly, mix the whisky with your saliva 1:1 at the tip of the tongue, experience the precipitating tastes, feel the texture once you allow it to proceed further into your mouth, enjoy the warmth after swallowing etc. also for me whisky is like 70% aroma and only 30% taste, so take your time to smell it.

I bought a bottle of Laphraoig and this was my first single malt. I thought I was drinking printers ink. I had no idea. So I boight another4 bottles and burned away my phenol taste.

The most "taste developing" you get with whiskey is it becoming tolerable after your first 3 bottles or so.

But whiskey fucks surely are insufferable, I was at a party once, and except for beers, all the alcohol that was brought were bottles of Jack Daniels, which I drank with coke. Fucking retards that they are, they said I ruined it, like JD is some fancy drink that is meant to be savored.

anyone who gets pissy about bourbon are redneck garbage. that corn swill is simpleton filth. that's like getting uppity about blends.

God forbid someone cares about their craft

Seriously doubt your blood runs blue.

>Poison

Then why don't you just drink water?

sorry ijust find those fat, bearded assholes from flyover states to be so offputting i can't take there shit seriously. they just seem like truck driving fuck ups with a garage hobby.

I would have no problems with that, not an alcoholic.

i don't even know what that means. my best single malt is 1999 distillers edition Lagavulin.

They think the same thing essentially about you.

im honoured. how do you know?

And for some reason, you think you are better than others.

if you're an alcoholic you HAVE to drink water or your organs die.

i should just stop having an opinion, got it.

>that's like getting uppity about blends.

Are you saying blends are good?

I wanted to get a distillers edition Laga but I couldn't justify the cost.

I've got a regular 16 year instead.

>And for some reason, you think you are better than others.

Where are you getting that from? He said "my best is....". He didn't say you had to agree with him.

The worst is those people who say "it's whisky not whiskey" and only drink scotch that literally tastes like cigarettes and earth

Only an alcoholic would know that
Just Don't judge people so harshly because they enjoy something you don't. You are just massaging your ego.

my crazy auntbought it for me. i never would have. 16 year sherry cask is better than90% of all other single malts. the distillers is the best thing ill ever taste in this life.

I would say not to stick just to Lagavulin though. Variety is the spice of life. Much as I love Lagavulin I'd much rather have something different regularly than the same thing every time.

you think you're bettter than me! meany.

talisker, bowmore, laphroaig, bruachladdich, islay has some amazing disilleries.

It's worth trying the Bunnahabhain as well if you ever get the chance. They don't make much peated stuff but it's really fucking good.

written done.

Whiskey is fedoracore

Beer was an always has been a cheap mass produced beverage designed to purify water because back then water was shit.
It was and always will be the McDonalds of alcohol with Wine being a close second.
Hundreds of years of marketing doesn't change this fact.

So what is the drink of kings then?

Absinthe

Whiskey is shit. Beer and certain cocktails are the only true patrician drinks.

>Beer
>patrician
beer is literal garbage made from horsefood that was given to slaves so they didn't die from dysentery.

this, I fucking hate the taste and smell, I've had "good" whiskey, went down smooth, but still tasted disgusting

I get stale vanilla with old lemon flavour, it's nasty

That was literally made for French alcoholics.

>horsefood
What?

What do you think the French Kings were?

Was it American stuff?

name another use for barley

They were drinking cognac.

Absinthe isn't French.
Retard.

That's the drink of niggers

Fuck off faggot that's a god tier flavor

The French drank it.

gainz

That's oatz

Yea bro ive acquired the taste for most liquors but whiskey is just gross. Ill stick to my jim beam apple

So who drank gin?

I prefer a shot of tequila and two slices of lime to suck on afterwards to get the terrible taste of alcohol out of my mouth.

Poor victorians from the poor house.
Gin is juniper flavoured vodka. Flavoured to mask that it's basically distilled from whatever trash was available to sell to poor people.

You were born a crying blood-covered baby qed

Patricians

"good" whiskey is only a good one for you when it's tasting nice to your personal taste

that's why there are so many

Absinthe consumption was pretty much non existent in pre-revolutionary France.
It's unlikely French kings drank it.

I genuinely enjoy scotch. So whats wrong with me?

dey wuz kangs
literally

bombay gin is the alc for niggers

Their Octomore is incredible.

Talisker is Skye, not Islay. That said, same style, if a little saltier. That said I found Bowmore generally uninteresting.

>every whiskey thread turn to shitpost
>every beer thread turn to shitpost
>every wine thread turn to shitpost
>every coffee thread turn to shitpost
>every tea thread turn to shitpost
>for SOME REASON /sip/ threads are fucking rainbows and unicorns

Veeky Forums is really turning to shit

You have taste.

Without wishing to be "that guy", Octomore is by Bruichladdich. Bunnahabhain is a different distillery.

Equally daft spelling and pronunciation though. I would have had no idea how to pronounce Bunnahabhain if I hadn't been told.

i understand you. whiskey tastes like shit. every person that told me this and that whiskey is good, no, it tasted like shit too.

i love fine carribean rum, a good beer or a good wine though. but whiskey, just no, not my thing

For me it's the mc chicken
The best fast food sandwich in the whole world.

you're "fedoracore" you stupid memespouting faggot

You are an idiot that is no better than the imaginary people you are shitting on.

>There's a reason the first step to learning about whiskey is spending a year going through bottom shelf low age statement bottlings until you can properly differentiate between them

Because now there is a 'right' way to enjoy a drink and get drunk? Fucking spare me

These people are gay, the only difference between the two is a geographic spelling, they mean the same thing, if a 'bourbon' was made in scotland it would still be a whisky over there

>Wa la.
what the fuck?

>>for SOME REASON /sip/ threads are fucking rainbows and unicorns
Because sipp is a meme. People actually drink the other things you listed so they actually have stuff to bitch and moan about, sipps are one big meme.

Tbh I really do like IPA's but I don't understand the people who shill for them. I also like other styles of beer though and don't exclusively drink IPA's. Honestly beer is beer and even macro lite lagers I will happily drink if it's all that is available.

I don't think whiskey tastes great, but it is probably my favorite hard liquor for getting shitfaced.

This user has it right. Same technique with good tequila, rum, scotch...

Vodka? Nah, just drown your depression with that shit.

It's Italian for "Hey presto."

>steal papis whiskey when i was 14 to get drank
>nastiest shit ever
>few years later b a crazy teenager and drink strictly vodka 4lokos and md2020
>try some actual whiskey a few years after that
>pretty alright just not delicious

First post, best post. Look at it like this, taking a sip of something that's 40% ethanol is never going to be physically pleasant and the art of it is all about altering the nature of suffering. I love high-phenol Islay scotch that slaps you around with it's peat-and-seaweed flavored dick. Just take a whole shot of it and let it happen, absolute best way to get drunk, to control how drunk you are and the drunks themselves always seem to be high quality upbeat "I should get my friends into multiplayer video games and be really happy at them" kind of drunks.

anyone who says any alcohol tastes "good" is a tryhard faggot

the scale goes from complete shit to tolerable

Best value whiskey for the buck right here, I honestly prefer it to Jack Daniels. Has a good aroma in the snifter, gets you drunk real fast, 43% ABV.

If you pay more than $20 for Whiskey you're retarded. You only taste it for like a second, but the warm foxy burn it makes in your throat is quite nice.

IPAs are good every once in a while but I can't imagine drinking them daily. Too much hop for me.

Last weekend I was on a vacation that lacked regular Sierra Nevada but carried their IPA.

I wouldn't recommend IPAs to your friends unless they're already craft beer snobs who can't stand regular old macro pisswater.

* I was on vacation at a hotel with a bar that lacked

I enjoy whisky and really don't care what some stranger on the internet thinks about it.

Welcome

Not true

...bait? Evan Williams is second only in bad quality and terrible hangovers to Jim Beam. At least drink something reasonably free of fusel alcohols. Or do you like the way methanol tastes?

It took me years to like beer. Mostly because all my friends tried to push IPAs on me which I hated.

>Doing shots of islay scotch

For what purpose

You don't do shots of the expensive stuff

Is it actually a thing that you don't have as bad a hangover from whisky?

It's just an acquired taste, that's all. Throughout your life as you eat different shit your tastes change, kids don't like bitter stuff and adults tend to grow accustomed to it enough to enjoy it.

When I first tried whisky I fell for it hard. I never liked beer or vodka, I can't stand cognac or most rum. But I liked whisky. And I really liked some brands, and as time went on and I tried others I began to not like some of my old favourites. I used to really like Jameson's for example and now I can't stand it, and I wouldn't even wash my toilet with shit like Jack Daniels which used to be my go to.

It's not about being snobby it's just about trying stuff, and maybe every 10 years or so have another crack. Maybe whisky just isn't for you user. I'm sure there's something you like drinking for the taste though.

For me currently it is the ardbeg, I love my whisky tasting like swamp soil and campfires.

Also be aware of the crazy variances between scotland and ireland and even moreso with the american and asian varieties.

What is it about Islay that makes it produce such good drinks? Seriously this has to be THE whisky tour destination. Like everything good comes from there.