What's your favorite flavor? What do you add to spruce it up?

What's your favorite flavor? What do you add to spruce it up?

Other urls found in this thread:

daringgourmet.com/homemade-hamburger-helper-cheeseburger-macaroni/
youtube.com/watch?v=Bhvj2ps-jMk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

STROGANOFF
It's fine as it is, although less milk would be nice.
Cheeseburger Macaroni is a scam. Just get a box of Kraft mac and cheese and mix beef or hotdogs into it.

I usually look on the back of the box for the "Add your own twist" and follow it to the letter. I have yet to be disappointed!

>t. doesn't know that crunchy taco is the best

daringgourmet.com/homemade-hamburger-helper-cheeseburger-macaroni/

Better

ulillillia

What makes it better?

>What's your favorite flavor?

They have flavors? I mean, besides "Salt Tsunami"?

>What's your favorite flavor?
I clicked on this thread to see how low Anons would actually go. By the first response I get this:
>Just get a box of Kraft mac and cheese and mix beef or hotdogs into it.
Good work, Anons.

>"compares" ingredient lists
>cheats by not showing the chemicals/additives in her recipe ingredients
wow it's almost like she's a virtue signalling cunt or something

Mah nigga!

Stroganoff with a little bit of soy sauce and garlic powder is good stuff for quick meals

I'm too cheap/frugal/miserly/poor to justify paying $1.99 for 5.1 oz box of pasta with bouillon powder and cornstarch.

I do make something akin to HH from scratch-ish from time to time. I say 'scratch-ish' because I use bouillon powder in it.

Elbow macaroni, 1lb (56c)
Mozzarella, 8oz (1.99)
Ground beef, 80% lean, 1lb (1.99)
Onion, 1 (22c)
Flour, 3tbsp (2c)
Beef bouillon powder, enough for 4 cups (15c)
Tomato juice, 2 cups (43c)

Boil macaroni to halfway then drain.
Place par-cooked pasta into a baking dish and toss with the mozzarella; set aside.
Crumble cook the beef together with finely chopped onion.
Add flour and bouillon powder and stir until flour is completely hydrated through with beef grease.
Add tomato juice and stir forcefully until all flour granules are dissolved throughout, thickening into a sauce.
Pour sauce over pasta/cheese mix and bake until bubbly and cooked through.

Equivalent of over 3 boxes of HH for $3.97, about the cost of 2 HH boxes. Tastes better to me, too, and takes the same amount of time.

1.99 for a pound of ground Chuck. Yeah I don't think so sport.

The fact that it costs $30 for all the shit as opposed to $1.50 for the box mix + milk and beef.

What kind of cunt uses avocado oil? Just use olive oil, fucking yuppies man.

>he doesn't buy ground beef exclusively when it's on sale
Nigga, 80/20 is offered until this Saturday at 99c/lb. Last week, it was $1.99. And this coming week, it's back to $1.99 all over again.

It's cheap in general during the summer, but Memorial, Labor and Independence days are when it's at its absolute cheapest. lrn2shop

Also, the price of the beef doesn't affect the price of the other ingredients since Hamburger Helper doesn't come packaged with a pound of inexplicably shelf-stable ground beef in the box.

Avocado oil has a higher smoke point than olive oil, and a more neutral flavor. Stay stupid, cunt.

>80/20 is offered until this Saturday at 99c/lb
a/s/l nevermind just location.
all the bbq deals ended where I am on wednesday, so a lot of stuff is more expensive now. fortunately b/s chicken breasts are on sale for 1.97/lb
oldenough44chin18+/male/texas

>What do you add to spruce it up?

I add it to the garbage can.

So you waste food?

I like the cheeseburger macaroni one the most. I plate it when it's done, as much as I can fit on my platter, then sprinkle a large pinch of salt all over it after flattening it out onto the platter and then place it in the fridge for about 8 minutes to help cool it off because it's way too hot. Then eat it all. Some of the other more italian styles I will shake some of the green can parmesan onto and do the same with. All excellent meals and it only takes one pan and 45 minutes to make.

Brah, add some mexican shedded cheese for maximum flavor!

That's a great idea

Hamburger Helper isn't food. It's additive and preservative flavored garbage.

Yeah, like you I cannot eat fresh off the stove hot food, so I mix shredded cheese and either let it sit on the countertop for a few minutes, or place it in the fridge.

WRONG! Sales tax is not applied to hamburger helper; therefore, by definition it is food. Only some uppity faggot would say it is not a food. Newsflash trust fund cu/ck/, most of us have to budget how we eat.

Moreover, even if we could afford it all-like you can...want to humblebrag some more?-it's an easy meal.

Why would you need something with a higher smoke point for hamburger helper retard?

>believe big foods lies.
Dude, that shit isn't food.
And might I add, I have to live on a budget as well, but I can still manage to eat real food, not processed garbage.

How much do you spend on your budget hamburger helper then by making it from the beginning?

>have to budget how we eat

Then you're doing it wrong. Hamburger Helper is far more expensive than buying pasta, herbs and spices that will match the flavor profile of whatever monstrosity the box says it will be. Granted the initial outlay is more, but in the longrun you save a buttload of cash without a ton of extra chemicals. Budgeting is great, but if you're stupid about it you spend more.

Best flavor is also unfortunately the hardest to find.
I don't really add anything but I always have bread on the side.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bhvj2ps-jMk

is he, dare I say it, /ourguy/?

What is hamburger helper?

I don't make homemade hamburger helper, because there's better things to do with ground beef. That's one way I economize, by using my foodstuffs to make delicious, healthy meals that get the most out of them. Making hamburger helper is a waste of ground beef, and you're not really getting the most for your money.

If you're going to spend that much on ingredients you might as well make something that's not trashy like Shitburger Helper.

If you want that shit, buy a box of it + 70/30 ground beef and make it. Be sure to not drain the beef for the most authentic american flavor.

Beef noodle is the only one i'll use and only if they were on sale. I'll cook the beef with some onion and frozen peas for an okay dish.

what is this murica shit

Noodles and chemicals.

I feel like I've seen this exact post like 3 times now. Is this pasta?

Southeast PA/south Jersey/north Delaware area. The store is Shoprite. I think I may still have the circular, if you want me to snap a pic of it. Only thing that might be a problem for people on Veeky Forums who don't cook is that the deal is at a 3lb minimum. Any lower than 3lbs, and the beef is $2.49/lb.

Also, b/s chicken thighs were on sale at the Mexican grocery store near me for 99c/lb, too. I don't buy breast, but $1.97/lb or so is the typical sale price up here, too, 99c/lb for split breasts, though.

Dunno how since I've only ever typed it up and posted it today. Maybe you're a time traveler. Or other people figured out that Hamburger Helper just ain't worth the price and posted similar stuff.

This is my pick.

Then why are you in the thread?

No it's macaroni

Yeah, onion and frozen peas is a great addition. Thanks for the contribution.

This is almost.. Too autistic.

Please share more like this. Heres one on me: shopdogsam

>I don't make homemade hamburger helper
then stfu. this is a hamburger helper thread.

I pick the Lasagna for it's true to source Italian flavor

>that greasy fucking hair

wew lad

i used to be obese yet i never had junk food like this at all

I wrap this shit up in a warm tortilla and it's so fucking good.

Forgive me, I don't know where I learned this behavior.

Sounds pretty desu. A great way to carboload and get Veeky Forums

>Not pouring vodka into your stroganoff for authenticity

>Anything but tuna helper
>not adding peas