Nature's candy

This is mangosteen.

Looks like garlic inside. The small "cloves" have an undeveloped seed inside that you can eat. Tastes fruity with hints of grape, pineapple, guava, and Spanish lime. Very sweet. Nice soft texture, melts in your mouth.

This is tamarind.

Looks unappetizing. Texture is sticky, like a tootsie roll. Difficult to compare its flavor to another fruit, it is very sweet and a little sour.

This is lychee.

Lychee tastes like a tropical grape. Firm texture. Very juicy. Very refreshing. It has one seed that is very smooth and flavorless.

God's candy

This is jackfruit. Unfortunately I did not take a picture of the fruit I bought. It was large, spiky, and weighed 23lbs. Preparing the jackfruit was a hassle. It releases a sap when you cut into the fruit, the sap turns into a glue and is very difficult to remove from your hands. The yellow pulp connects to the core, and you can just pull it off. The pulp surrounds a tasteless, smooth seed that can be easily squeezed out.

That one jackfruit gave me a large amount of pulp. The pulp smells like bubblegum and tastes like a mixture of pineapple, banana and vanilla. Very sweet. The texture is similar to gum, and it is quite juicy. Not sure what I will do with all this pulp.

The jackfruit seeds can be boiled and eaten.

I think Jackfruit tastes almost like honey.

Jackfruits cost $30 here. I had jackfruit tacos once.

Oh shit, an actually good thread

this is actually a quality thread

The seeds are peeled after boiling. Texture is similar to a bean or potato. Tastes like cassava.

I like high fructose corn syrup

>post a bunch of """healthy""" fruit as if its better for you than real candy
>ignores the disgusting taste of dirt and nature
>makes up comparisons to popular fruit, not even candy
all of this when you could just eat candy made by professionals which is sweetened with a vegetable

HFCS is to corn as ketchup is to tomatos

Good thread, OP.
I'd like to try some of these but have no idea where I'd find them around here.

Goes bad easily, though.

the point is that HFCS comes from a vegetable, so how is it any less healthy than eating naturally sweet fruit?

do you actually think the process from corn --> hfcs magically makes it dangerous?

DRINK IT WITH VODKA

Are Durian and Jackfruit a different)>?

Mangosteen are GOAT. Had em in Malaysia and couldn't believe how wonderful they taste. Went to Singapore and bought some in Chinatown only to find out they were full of maggots. Wish they were more readily available worldwide

144p bait.
Check you connection.

I read your topic op

Nig dry them in sunlight for 2-3 days then roast on fire. Nice snack.

>they dont sell these anywhere i look

Dude. Did you... Shit on a plate?

Where's that? Maybe you haven't looked in the right places? I can get them here in the land of totdish.

Wisconsin, i've literally never seen them in person.

Yes

that's a fucking tamarind. This is a mangosteen.

nigger do you even read

>fruit looks like literal shit
>originated in africa
>popular in india
kek, tamarind really is tasty as fuck tho

Disgust

wat

hello lowtax

What country do you live in OP? Or where did you get the fruit if you're abroad?

Find your nearest Chink grocery store. They usually have them in the summer.

I've literally never seen one in my life

Wisconsin has enough azns that you should be able to find fresh lychee if you look for it. Otherwise you can find it peeled and canned in syrup in regular supermarkets.

>can't bring a fruit into the country
>can go to a store and buy the same fruit from the same place, with bonus spiders