What are some good places to eat in or around Houston?

What are some good places to eat in or around Houston?

Whataburger

Whereaburger

I live in Texas and have had plenty of Whatabuger, I was thinking more like restaurants.

I would go to Pepper Tree.

What part of Houston? Answers will vary as the town takes nearly 2 hours to get from one side to the other.

Doesn't matter, I'm going there to explore the restaurants.

Papa's seafood is really great despite being a little pricey. My favorite Texmex joint is a place called Emma's located in Pearland(south Houston). For Italian I like Angelos in Webster. If you're willing to wait in line Killen's BBQ is supposed to be "the best" but I've personally heard it's overrated. Kings Biergarten is immensely popular and has good German offerings just be wary that it gets crowded as hell. Right next door to it is a local brewery that makes some good beers called Bakfish and there's often local food trucks there. If you want a steak check out Perry's, there are multiple locations around town.

Are there any good Indian/Middle Eastern food places you know of? I love that kind of food, and I can never get tired of it. Preferably in Central Houston (in or near the 610 loop).

goodes for the jalapeno bread

No idea, there aren't any prominent ones on my side (south) of town so I haven't been to any.

One place I just remembered is called Nobi Public House, they've got really good Banh Mi. Two locations one in Clear Lake and the other is in Friendswood.

Narins bombay brasserie on the west loop (610) has a lunch buffet it's pretty good

Also forgot to mention a really good place for greasy, country comfort food and breakfast is Kelly's.

Pic, and their pancakes are the size of large dinner plates.

>
>Are there any good Indian/Middle Eastern food places you know of? I love that kind of food, and I can never get tired of it. Preferably in Central Houston (in or near the 610 loop).
For Indian food, go to India's on Richmond just outside the loop. Middle Eastern try Dimassi's, or Fadi's for buffet style. For wraps try Shwarma King on Hilcroft or Droubi's on Hilcroft.

Go to Little India on Hillcroft street at highway 59. Its a small but dense neighborhood with really great indian and middle eastern food.

Pizzaros pizza is good for real Margherita pizza and Lee's sandwiches is great for cheap baguette sandwiches.

Eddy V's if you're rich.

Rudi Lechner's, House of Pie, Roma's Pizza

Star Pizza on washington ave has some really good 'go 'za.

Ramen Tatsu-Ya has a Houston spot. Their ramen is some of the best in the country.
For a lighter style accompanied by good cocktails and a huge selection of Japanese whiskey, try Ninja Ramen. It's open late too because it's a bar.

Arandas mexican restaurant

Too fucking crowded on weekends

Killen's Barbecue is amazing even better than Salt Lick. It's well worth the trip into the suburbs. Get there early as the line is quite large.

Pictured:
>Wagyu burnt ends
>Brisket
>Pork belly
>Beef rib
>Fried Mac n cheese

>Ninja Ramen.
Place is garbage, I've been dragged there 3 times and it's overpriced mediocre ramen in a shithole of a restaurant to boot.