Industry General

What the fuck happened to this board? Where are the fellow restaurant workers? This place has become HUR DUR SUBWAY IS THE BEST or BOSTON PIZZA THIS OR THAT
Tell us your stories, how are things?

My job is just starting to pick up.

Other urls found in this thread:

bhsfoodservicesolutions.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Your blog is so much better than the threads you were whining about, thanks for this riveting post.

I'm just trying to figure out how to make those skillet cookies chilis has fresh to order. I want to serve them, but they take 20 minutes to bake

bake, then freeze, then microwave when required.

That won't work or what?

lurkin
hating my job
currently in the process of joining the navy to get away from waiting tables

Hey. I'm thinkin about quitting my job and opening my own shitty little diner.

Does anybody know a good place to get a flat top grill and a couple of deep fryers?

Where are you located?

upstate NY / PA

I'm in Buffalo, when we opened we got most of our equipment from here.

bhsfoodservicesolutions.com/

Nice, thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

What type of place do you have?

Small neighbourhood bakery/deli.

i want to be a waiter

I like that.

Okay last question before I go to bed.

Did you mostly save up your own money to start the business, or did you need to get investors or go through a bank?

My parents had money saved for my college but I ended up not going so I used that, plus years of savings I had as well as some additional money from investors.

Banks will almost never loan you money to open up your first restaurant.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Good luck out there bro.

its ez
tho usually you'll need to buscuck for a while first

Get a real job ya bums

>Where are the fellow restaurant workers
Fucking working and drinking I'd guess

Bought to start up culinary school my man. Just enjoying the days till I'm back to school though.

just don't let it give you a swollen head, nothing worse than some inexperienced douchemonger arguing with the chef cause he thinks he know better

I'm a waiter. If I could do it all over again I'd be back of the house. A chef. I want to be a manager though. Just want a salary job. I like to work a lot and want a set income.

My restaurant is easy though. 90% dine tapas style, send as ready. the wine is easy to pair, all the guests are rich so 20% tip is like guaranteed. I want more responsibility or challenge though. And better wine. Wine is pretty interesting.

If your line isn't built by Hestan, can you really call yourself a cook?

>General

I used to work at a place owned by a local James Beard winning chef, the place was a total shit show. The building is a remodeled grocery store and the plumbing is godawful. I can't begin to count the amount of times the pipes in the back of house clogged up and would have to work while avoiding stepping in literal shit water. The building is also connected to an abandoned building infested with roaches that constantly make their way through the walls and into the prep area.

She owns six or seven restaurants all in the same area and has a cult following mostly consisting of liberal cucks. Most former employees and those who work at other restaurants in the area refuse to give her business.

I could go on about this place.

Sup Olivia

You talking like tiny cast iron cookies? We made them in a place I worked at in Seattle, they took about ten minutes to cook, what recipe are you using?

Look on Craigslist! You can find cheap shit, you might have to drive a bit aways to get it, but it'll he cheaper.

Pastry baker here. Our sheeter broke last weekend and fuuuuuucked everything off, but I got a sweet four day weekend out of it which was nice. This week has been a shit show, though, the binge drinking four day weekend reminds me why I'm glad I don't always have four days off.

Anyway, just got off work, bake last night came out perfect, and now I am drinking here with you cu/ck/s. People bitch, but I fuckin love workin in this retard shit show industry.

Then stop being a lazy bitch and cook your own food forever.

Auction sites

>literally one of the oldest professions on the planet
>probably works at best buy
>"real job"

If you need an overpriced meme line to cook, can you really call yourself a chef??

THIS FIRST

always look for used equipment. if you're going to process raw/frozen meat, make your own chuck, etc, i highly recommend buying Biro and buying it used.

look for places going out of business that want to dump their gear. go shake hands with some owners in the area, ask them if they know anyone who wants to sell any items you're looking for

Veeky Forums got lazy. its hard to discuss recipes, techniques, and plating styles, because all of that requires knowledge and practice. also it needs more words, and that means more typing.

its just easier to write about fast food sandwiches and water. learn to like it or get out of the way.

they are overpriced.

I would need to have a lot of them on stand by
6 inch cast iron skillets. I don't sell food, I just have a small sit down dessert cafe but all of the offerings are cold like cake and pie and pastries.
I want to start selling warm stuff too since it's cold here in the winter so I figure skillet cookies and cobblers would work but I can't really figure out the logistics of it

Have fun with your garbage hand me down range that falls apart after a few months.

www.don.com

edward don is better

wb mason for smallwares

>Get little cast iron skillets
>Get thin slices of chocolate chip cookie dough
>Place them around in the little skillet
>Cover and store
>Throw them in the oven to order at 375 for like 5-8 mins
>Ice cream on top, we use salted caramel or vanilla

These are absolute shot, add steps to your day and slow down the line. Maybe for banquets or prep but garbage for anything else

t.30 years as a chef

*shit*