This stuff will seriously change your life

I also recommend apple sider viniger.

cider*

What's it cost? Is there whiskey barrel in it? Otherwise I already have a bunch of dried ghost peppers and a blender here.

Somewhere around $10-15 a bottle depending where you buy it from.

I bought this sauce for hot wings at my restaurant. Got some on my face once, was pretty gay. Face was on fire for over an hour and I was sweating.

I paid no more than $8. Hope this doesn't tilt but these are the two sauces I use in my restaurant.

That's fair. I know most hot sauce I see (online anyway) is somewhere around $10 - give or take a couple dollars. I didn't want to quote too low though since some do go on the higher end.

Ladies and gentlemen, your hot sauce MVP

Fuck off.

>Tapatio

what are extremely hot sauces that also taste good? I usually don't go for hot sauces stronger than harbenero since those sauces are very gimmicky and only care about being HOT

El Yucateco. You're welcome. Hot, but not overwhelmingly hot. Shit is the bomb.

Are you from Florida

I lived there for a year. I buy a couple bottles when I go visit family on vacation. It could probably be ordered online, but expensive.

I remember going to a restaurant when I lived there that prominently featured this all over the place. Can't remember the name. It was in Orlando.

It depends on your definition of "extremely hot". The retard that suggested El Yucateco is either trolling or has such a low tolerance he is unaware of what constitutes "extremely hot". I would suggest trying: Blair's Ultra Death (extremely hot), Primo's Peppers Swampadelic (pretty hot), Frog Bone Reaper (pretty hot), or Jungle Heat The Hottest We've Got (somewhat hot). I think all of these are hot enough for any reasonable person while providing quite a bit of awesome flavor.

Alternatively, just go to your local Asian food store and get some scorpion peppers, scotch bonnets, carolina reapers, or similar peppers and chop them up to put in whatever. The raw pepper is, in many cases, really the best hot "sauce" of them all.

>apple sider viniger.

only super oldfags will remember

you're retarded. read the post so you know what we are discussing, please and thanks. He said he didn't want anything hotter than habanero so I recommended him El Yucateco. You can get it most places in the Hispanic section for under $2.

at no point did we mention snobby craft hot sauces with stupid names that no one's ever heard of.

Too spicy for white bois.
Have some mayo instead.

If you want something that actually tastes good without being pure overwhelming heat, this is it.

spot da sauce

Dave's ghost was like $4 at my supermarket, right in the middle of all the normal hot sauces on the shelf

Tijuana Flats.

I've outgrown tapatio and am working through my last bottle. It's actually disgusting.

found this at an indian grocery store and it changed my life

I really like this one.
Ass Kickin' Pure Habanero.
It just contains Habaneros, salt, and vinegar.

Its kind of annoying to get out of the bottle, unfortunately.

>Not making your own hot sauce

Fucking Dave plebs

not everyone has a cellar and quality mason jars to ferment things

>Needing a cellar

A wine chiller works too, or a mini fridge set to 65F

Op here. That's gorgeous.
Have any more photos you'd like to share?

This is the finished product. Added white vinegar and lime juice to distill the mixture, ran it through a blender and did not strain at all. Time to let it chill for a month or two

What kind of foods do you generally eat with your sauces?

Everything from spaghetti to gumbo. Theres very little it doesn't go with. I'm also making pure capsaicin at the moment

Have you noticed spicy food having any health effects on you?

Other then having dank shits? No not really.

>Pure extract

Do you add that to make peppers hotter. For instance I buy jalapenos that are "Hot" but they have the tamed ones too. Is that what I would add if I pickled my own jalapenos and wanted them spicier?

Theoretically you could. I wouldnt recommend it. Once you extract pure capsaicin, it kicks the scoville scale for the pepper used by 100x

Then do you have any idea what is best to use for making things spicier, such peppers or even making spicy pickles?

Rather than making extract, you could distill pepper juice from habaneros. Take sliced fresh habaneros and let them pickle in distilled vinegar for about a month. Take the vinegar and use that to enhance the pickling liquid for your jalapenos.

Extract sauces taste like ass OP

Pretentious faggot: the post

Recipe?

Yep. Thanks for that, been almost 15 years.

14 Reaper Peppers
2 Heirloom Tomatos
Half of a white onion
4 Tbsp of minced Garlic
2 Cups of Mango or Pineapple (Dealers choice)

Cook ingredients down for 25 minutes until soft, take off heat and blend.'

Then add 1 cup distilled white vinegar, 1/2 cup of lime juice, 1 cup water. Put back on low heat and begin simmering.

Add 5 Tbsp of Brown granulated sugar, 5 Tbsp of Salt, 4 Tbsp of Pepper. Simmer for 10-15min. Take off heat and let cool to room temp and blend a final time. Put into mason jars and allow to chill for 1 month at 65F. Substitute Reapers for Habaneros if you want less heat

Why chill it at 65? Fermentation advice?

Indeed. Most of us do not have cellars, so a minifridge or wine chiller set at 65F will allow for fermentation, which will strengthen the heat of the pepper.

Blair's Ultra Death Sauce.
800,000+ scoviles (about the 10th hottest chilli sauce on the planet).
Tastes AMAZING.
I can't stress how nice the flavour is.
It's fucking so hot though, like so, so, SO FUCKING HOT.

OK so I'm 11 days in. How am I doing? Is the white stuff that kahm yeast I keep hearing about? If so, should I scoop it out as I go or wait until it's ready to blend?

Well you fucked up user. Shouldnt have opened it until you were ready to blend

I'm not knowledgeable enough to say if it's safe, but I'd err on the side of caution with it. Definitely don't eat it until you get confirmation, a botched ferment is better than a botched stomach.

That said, you are supposed to keep the peppers 100% submerged with a good safety buffer of liquid. They shouldn't be sticking out like that.

yeah, i was going to say dont worry about kahm yeast but you dun fucked up user, sorry

Just to clarify, everything has been completely submerged through the whole process (except for the first day before I had a chance to run out to the store). I have ceramic lids that I place underneath the caps to push everything down. They just aren't in these pics so people can see it clearly.

My mom asked me just yesterday if they still make this shit because she couldn't find it. Haven't seen that in a store in over ten years.

I just wanted to say if you fucked up, and other anons are saying you did... At least you had the passion to do it. Learn from mistake and continue.

Yeah this is my first attempt. The only reason I was sort of ignoring the other anons is that there is no harm in opening the lids. In fact, if you don't you risk the jars cracking from the pressure.

Yeah I know I made hooch in Iraq with fruit and a plastic bottle. You gotta burp it.

Valentina's extra hot. Best hot sauce for eggs. Not very spicy though