I want to make some plain meatballs that I can freeze and reheat for snacks...

I want to make some plain meatballs that I can freeze and reheat for snacks. A lot of recipes call for a tonne of herbs and spices, for example to make them "italian" flavoured. I don't want that, I want to be able to enjoy the taste of the meat.

Anyone got good recipes? I have minced pork and minced beef, should I just add a couple of eggs, a cup of breadcrumbs, salt and pepper?
Anything else? I really don't want to go overboard with flavours.

k

>should I just add a couple of eggs, a cup of breadcrumbs, salt and pepper?

i thought you wanted to enjoy the taste of the meat bro. what are you some kinda faggot?

No, probably just British.....

Just make swedish meatballs and freeze em you dumb dingus

salt, pepper, egg, panko flake (optional), minced garlic, bit of worcestershire sauce, maybe some finely chopped walnuts if you want

go a head and add some other spices and herbs as well while you're at it, maybe some old bay, paprika, thyme, tumeric, onion powder.

cook those bitches in cream of mushroom

easy and delicious

Why not freeze chunks of meat? Do you dislike the texture of meat? Why bother with it at all?

sure
that's just my basic starting point
everything I listed is pretty versatile so you can add whatever herbs and spices you like
op said he didn't want lots of ingredients

It's a thread about meatballs. What the fuck are you talking about?

OP here, thanks.. that's the kind of thing I was looking for. Garlic is good.

>frozen chunks of meat

Your are a dingus

My meatballs turned out good, except I used too much garlic so it's really overpowering. Next time I'll halve it.

If you can't figure out a meatball recipe you don't belong in the kitchen.

You are what is wrong with Veeky Forums and cooking in general. If you're gonna act all elitist just leave.

Newfag flyover fucking shit

It's really super basic though. It would be like someone going to a car forum and asking which pedal is the brake and which is the accelerator.

Some people literally don't know how to cook an egg, let alone make meatballs. Yes, it's easy for a lot of us but have some patience.

LOL LE FLYOVER MEME

get some original material, you stale fucking hack

Cancerous post, newfriend

Not a newfriend and you're obviously just butthurt that you have nothing better to say.

punta sampah

kek

Sure thing newfaf

worsteshire sauce makes meat taste meatier
other than that id add something that adds more texture than flavor like a lil white onion.

>worsteshire
Retard.

If you add onions to your meatballs, remember to saute them before adding them to the mix

if you just add raw onion cubes into your ground beef etc. you're going to get watery flavorless meatballs

I made that mistake once. Thanks for your reply and not just getting involved in the useless shitposting above. Not everyone wants to discuss Jack and McChickens all day long.

It's literally meatloaf shaped into balls. Just look up a good standard meatloaf recipe.

This and pan sear the meatballs for texture the same you would a steak and finish in oven.

FYI some seasoning isn't going to mess up the flavor of the meat. Store bought beef doesn't have that much flavor so you have to bring it out I like onion powder + garlic powder + fresh parsley + a bit of Worcestershire sauce.

Generally 1 egg per pound of meat is a good rule. Also, grate some sweet onion and mix that in.

Cubes? I grate the onion and drain the liquid. This way the onion is fine enough to cook down and it doesn't make things watery.

Add some diced carrots, onion and celery bro.

thanks professer

It's not even a cooking thing, it's a logistics/common sense thing.

>the general principle of cooking is you put things you want to eat into something
>want to make meatball
>ball of meat
>put whatever you want to eat in it

If you are incapable of coming up with a recipe for them out of the these two general principles, you belong in an institution being fed by someone that grew up past 3.

Nigger he knows how to make them, he's looking for new ideas dumbshit
Gets it

i soak the breadcrumbs in just enough milk to cover them
i use the cheapest, fattiest mince i can find
you can add things like grated parmesan and a bit of nutmeg or a tiny amount of cumin or some worcestershire sauce (cos that makes the balls taste "meatier" and adds MSG)

i always then bake the balls on a piece of greaseproof paper (cos they are less likely to stick to that than foil) and then freeze them

i've also made them with just lamb mince (mutton was better than standard lamb) and that worked well