Walmart Grocery pickup thread

Who /walmartgrocery/ here?

This free convenience is insanely comfy. You're not even allowed to tip and they load the shit into your car for you.

The hell is it?

The closest walmart is 15-20 minutes away.

There is a Whole foods, Giant, and Harris Teeter within ~3-8 minutes.

>buying food at fucking walmart
lol ghetto trash

Something walmart decided to implement because their customers are too fucking fat to comfortably get in and out of their car.

Do you think someday these walmart shoppers will just live in driverless vehicles and just sort of 'dock' in the WM parking lot for their feedings and waste removal? Because I see it happening and want to invest.

It's actually kind of smart. The worst thing about Walmart is going inside and being around Walmart people. Looks like Walmart realized this.

you're a goddamn genius

I work at Walmart. I fucking hate Walmart shoppers.

it's for boomers, not you.

>after hundreds of years, these humans have diverged into a new species of the genus homo.
>they have small, brittle bones that are mostly vestigial
>their limbs have degenerated into small and weak things that are really only useful for steering and operating pedals.
>their bodies are large and bloated, taking up most of the space in their metalic shells
>now is the age of the snail people

You order groceries on grocery.walmart.com
You set a time to pick them up
You drive to Walmart
Somebody wheels them out to your car and puts your groceries in your trunk
You go home without ever setting foot in Walmart
It's free and they don't accept tips

Actually yeah, I see conversion vans coming back big time in like 20 years. Trailer parks replaced by parking lots with showers and bathrooms.

Walmart sells a lot of the same brands of most foods as more expensive grocery stores, but your bill ends up being 1/3 to 1/2 less a lot of the time. And I've been to more expensive grocery stores that have worse produce than Walmart and also sell spoiled meat. 10 or 15 years ago Walmart only sold junk food and milk, but some of them are pretty decent now.

You forgot:
>get home and discover half your order is wrong and the other half is spoiled/bruised/expired.
I wouldn't trust a walmart monkey to pick my food.

Guess that depends on where you live? I've been using it for six months and haven't had a single error. They do substitute things sometimes but ask you about it before you sign.

The Walmart around here just installed one of these after remodeling the store over several months. Somehow I don't think it's going to last.

Grocery shopping as a service is real homie
Amazon just bought Whole Foods and already offers a grocery service.
Grocery delivery and grocery picking like Walmart is doing was actually a popular service back in the 1950s. I'm glad to see it coming back.

Prepackaged food seems nice, but I don't want anyone else picking my meat and produce.

It is widely known that companies make a Walmart version(lower quality) of their product so they can still make a profit due to the competitive nature for shelf space in a juggernaut store.

everyone hates shopping at walmart, but it's necessary to save money. This pick up is genius, less crowds in store, less stocking shelves, and it saves the consumer time. We've been using it for months and the weekly grocery store run now takes 20 mins instead of the usual hour+. I've been given less than perfect apples once, but you can always exclude produce from your order and shop elsewhere.

Lidl is better

>but it's necessary
I haven't spend money in Walmart for over 10 years.
Bow to your sensei.

This

I pick my groceries up on the way home and it saves even more time. Takes 10-15 minutes out of my day including shopping online and pickup. Used to be like a Saturday event, would take at least an hour. It's so nice to not have to deal with it.

This and Aldi (basically the same store) are better than Walmart. I agree, user.

>everyone hates shopping at walmart, but it's necessary to save money.
It's not necessary at all. Are you even trying? Use coupons, sign up for membership cards, look out for sales, shop at ethnic grocery stores for basic produce, buy in bulk. Walmart is how lazy people save money.

I used to be a die-hard Aldi fan, but won't be going back until I can order online and they load it into my car :)

>Penny smart pound foolish behavior
I'm sorry your time is worthless user

Is saving a little bit of your own time worth supporting a company that treats its employees incredibly poorly, actively works against local businesses, and supports importation of cheap foreign goods made by literal wageslaves? I'd consider avoiding that a sound investment of my time.

In Britain you can go to tesco.com and a man will come to your house and deliver your shit in a big refrigerated van
Also tips don't exist in the UK (mostly)

Checkmate americucks

Spending money is a shitty way to save money. Shopping at cheaper stores and using coupons is a way to spend less money not save

>too much of a sperg to bother leaving your house in order to buy some groceries

How lazy and shut-in are you faggots?

>Order food in Seoul
>They bring it to your doorstep on actual plates with cutlery
>When you're done you just leave it outside your door in the retrieval bag
p e r f e c t

>Implying there aren't a dozen nationwide grocery delivery services in the US

also Walmart does delivery in some areas, goes nationwide this year as well

It's cheaper than the fuel to get there senpai

>He does his own chores like the plebian he is
I bet you wash your own clothes and do housework too haha

>everyone hates shopping at walmart,
My local walmart is great. It's a discount store, not a super center, though. It has self checkout, and it's the only grocery store around me with it. So convenient to zip in and check out with some items.

This concept was started by Albert Heijn and Jumbo. Why do Americans have to steal everything?

I've literally used this service every week for 6 months now and it's fucking amazing. They've never gotten my order wrong and when there is a change they tell you upfront that there was a substitution and they don't charge you for that item.

Why would anyone do this?
>can't pick out your own produce
>can't shoplift by ringing up as cheaper items in self checkout

Talk about being a sucker.

>Why would anyone do this?
>can't shoplift by ringing up as cheaper items in self checkout
Some of us aren't niggers, Tyrone.

>le intellectual property meme
kys

Same here but for the most part the regulars are nice. There's this old guy that comes in all the time that uses the self checkouts and yells at the machines.

Can you not get it delivered? In the UK you pay a small fee and choose a date and time and they bring it to your doorstep. I love this service for bulk buying bottled water and other heavy items.

enjoy your wilted vegetables, bruised fruit, milk, cheese and yogurt that's 2 days away from the expiration date, and dented canned goods.