I occasionally drive by an Indian Grocery Store on my way to my boyfriend's workplace to pick him up from work...

I occasionally drive by an Indian Grocery Store on my way to my boyfriend's workplace to pick him up from work. I want to try shopping there sometime, however, I have no experience with Indian food.

What's something nice to get from an Indian grocery store?

Hey what's up :)

Are you a girl? Because you said bf. But if you're a faggot I won't help you. Tits or gtfo

There's basically no way you're going to get a serious reply because both the boyfriend story part of your post and the fact that you're asking about Indian food attract shitposts like flies. I'll try and give some advice even though I've never been to an Indian grocery. I've heard they sell Eastern spices in bulk, which is a great way to stock up on stuff like cinnamon, cumin, cloves, stuff like that. Naan bread is a pretty great flatbread, so if you can buy some of that cheap it's probably a good bet. Other than that, I don't really know. Ethic stores usually have better prices on meat and produce though.

ay gurl send nudes

Frozen parathas stuffed with potato. Samosas
Spices

Peg his neg hole and get him pozzed!

Spices, dry split and skinless lentils/beans, chutneys, crunchy chickpea snacks

If they carry produce, it'll typically be much cheaper than most grocery stores, and they'll have things like lychees, which are tasty.
I buy garam masala and ghee, which, I'm not sure if this is the case with all Indian grocery stores, but both of the ones I've been to only have them in size mclargehuge. So I have like a gallon of ghee and five pounds of garam masala.

Also if you're not used to Indian food, don't eat the sweets/pastries, they're WAY sweeter than you're used to. I think they're gross.

>indian food

enjoy your cow piss soda and curry variant

Poo in loo

They have some nice crunchy snacks.

Get some Aloo Bhaji snacks if they have them. Halwa is fucking amazing too!

Spices is about all I'd go for.

Everything else you can find in a normal store.

Second the Aloo Parathas.
If they have a pakora mix you can get that too and make fried veg fritters with salsa (my MIL makes essentially salsa w/ cumin seeds as chutney sometimes) to dip.

Honestly don't be a little bitch and just get shit you want to experiment with. You think fucking good chefs are posting and asking what to get at regional markets? No. They go in blind, experiment and git gud. Just go to Trader Joe's and get their Indian frozen foods you normie Caucasian scum.

>go to Trader Joe's and get their Indian frozen foods

Best Asian snack right here.
They're Pakistani not Indian but see if they stock them.

>a good girl falls in love at the shit river or designated shit streams

Why don't you try researching making Indian curries from scratch, pick one that sounds interesting and not mindblowingly complex, make a list of the ingredients, go to the store, put them in your cart, ask the indian proprietor if this recipe makes sense and if they have any advice. Or, get some hamburger helper, dump some cinnamon, hot peppers and turmeric in it and tell your dumbass bf you made curry and he'll likely not know the difference. Then let him ream you.

Ask for the Special Sauce

I've tried making curry/dal from scratch but it always seems to come out tasting the same.

How do you guys store your spices? I have a bunch of bags on my counter and it's kinda lame.

Not sure what your Indian store is like but mine isn't great in terms of produce. They have some odd stuff, nothing interesting or worth the price. Mangoes aren't even cheap there either.

What you can get there is good, cheap Basmati rice. I also keep a canned mint/coriander chutney in the house. You can get whole cardamom pods, which you won't find in most grocery stores.

If you like frozen stuff, they might have some cheap vegetarian entrees. I get these for $2/pc. Serve it over rice with a flatbread and it feeds 2 people. Tons of fat and salt in them for you but the flavor is really impressive.

Forgot pic

>How do you guys store your spices?

I buy spice in bulk at the local market and store them in pic related.

Buy some rusk to dip in tea and eat. Very good.

test

curry leaves also taste very good. i'd buy some mustard seed as well for tempering (making a tadka/tardka)

Reported for ban evasion :^)

no, I just had to delete cookies. something was off with my browser. i wasn't banned. I swear :)

Many of the Indian & other ethnic markets I've gone to have small premed sections see what avail there if they have one. other then that if you are new to Indian food in general good luck. Ill eat whatever once try somosas, ice creams or yogurt drinks... Rose water is not for drinking just an fyi. Best you just walk around grab a couple of things that look good and go from there. Sometimes the markets are a bit too authentic for some. And you may decide after a few minutes that nothing for me here

Theres this indian grocery store I pass every week when I go shopping, I want to go in for a look but as a small white girl I'm worried I wont be welcome there and the people running the place will give me dirty looks. Is it all in my head?

Rice and curry paste/powder/mix. Maybe some goat meat.

A long night on the shitter is the only reward you get from eating traditional Indian

Oh go fuck yourself sideways. Shopping at foreign groceries is a pain in the ass. My stepmom is Chinese, I'm not fluent other than ingredient names she taught me and I go to Chinatown to pick up spices to make her recipes all the time. You don't always end up buying from fluent English speakers. Even knowing to ask for "hua jiao" rather than "Chinese peppercorn" I run into communication problems because tonality is a thing in Chinese and accidentally going up at the end of a sentence because I was asking a question turned my word into a completely different word.
How about I drop you into a Korean grocery store without telling you how to use any Korean ingredients and make you shop for a meal? Yeah, you can probably find some normal ingredients you recognize, but what's the point of going to a specialty grocer for them, then? If I just gave you a jar of saeujeot, tell me one dish you could put that in without googling.
God, shit like this makes my blood boil. OP is specifically seeking out an in-road to interact with a different culture, and more importantly, to try something new and learn a new way to make good food, the main thing I'm pretty sure we're all on this fucking board for, and the most salient thing you can say is "lol you're white and white people don't know how to make Indian food."

No, you fuck yourself you dick, my post was genuine. Stop projecting.
I have social anxiety and I get anxious about different culture shops but I want to try cooking more authentic indian foods.
With all the race baiting going on in society, I wasnt sure if this was something I should be worried about.

youd probably want a list of things you feel like making?

but im a bit jelly. ive always wanted to straight up buy paneer. also are the spices cheaper there or..

They dont care dude but the aisles will probs be narrow and the other customers rude in an aloof sort of way

KEK

look up a recipe and buy the ingredients you need to make that recipe you sick fuck

The spices are cheaper than normal grocery stores yeah. But most of the fresh veg stuff isnt any cheaper. Never been to one that sold meat.

white women are welcomed anywhere they go, its just that sometimes theyre too welcomed if you catch the horrible pun im making.

also it depends where you live. if its a large city that is busy and diverse, bitch just walk right in youre not the first. but if you somehow live in pakistan....

Nah dude Indians are pretty chill and friendly. They won't care.

I've heard about an Afghan grocery where they treat women like shit even here in the Bay Area, but stuff like that will be rare if you're in a Western country. Just go in and if you have a bad experience, never go back.

It's a store. You exchange money for good or services. You're not going to get murdered. Just fucking do it or don't.

Serious reply: candy coated saunf or a breath mixture

if you so much of anxiety that going to store is difficult for you, I suggest you seek therapy.

rosewater for some lassi

That's bullshit.
You're a nonce.