ITT: foods that you like, seek out, or enjoy more than you ordinarily would because of a visual or romantic notion

ITT: foods that you like, seek out, or enjoy more than you ordinarily would because of a visual or romantic notion.
For me it's smoked fish. I've seen it so much in relation to other rustic foods I enjoy a lot, and the idea of how archaic and historical it is also appeals to me as a fantasy and history buff.
It doesn't taste bad but I probably wouldn't seek it out just for the taste.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fjgvuOgpEVI
filstop.com/dried-fish/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Was thinking about these the other day and where I can get them. Haven't had them since I was a kid.

freely available at even the trashiest grocery store where I live. if you live in a city surely it has a fish market of some kind? or just one shop that gets a delivery of fresh fish? do you live in a desert?

I'm the same way with hard tack. I make some every now and then when I want to pretend to be a brave explorer voyaging to the far corners of the unknown, or a strong adventurer on a noble quest that leads through dangerous lands where no wholesome people dwell, or a grim soldier trudging on to carry out his duty.

Still won't change the fact that it's a biscuit made of flour and salt that's as hard as rock.

Not OP, but I live in America and there's no such thing as a fish market where I live.

Nope... Chinada, I can find mackerel yes. Smoked Mackerel nope. I could try the new Asian food store in town.

it just looks so pretty. I love flowers. cherry blossoms in particular. I've heard it's salty. haven't done extensive research to maximize the enjoyability of the experience. but maybe I'll get some to treat myself someday

Oh man I fucking love smoked mackerel, tastes so great. Hard to find good ones tho best I've found are in some tucked away Russian store

Another food would be czarna porzeczka or black currant, delicious berry

I'm op, you mean 1st poster.

y'know travellers probably didn't eat them hard right? they put them in stews and shit as filler. ancient people were teethlets.

They sell this online, Da Fuk...
Be right back.

wew that looks nice.
tea is pretty great regardless.

>bloody tissues floating in the toilet

it's literally pickled cherry blossoms wtf is wrong with you

who the fuck buys fish from the internet

for me it's anything asian
russian-bulgarian etc, japanese-korean-chinese-malaysian etc, even middle estearn
i think that because yourop and us are so alike nowdays you basically get the same things basically so anything with non comprehensive writing on it intrigues me

That's why I love blossoming tea.

They have those Sardine of the month clubs where they send you a new type every month to try. Or you can but a whole bunch at once.
>anyway no luck with the smoked Mackerel, online. I'm not ordering fish from Scotland

the Philippines is an archipelago with about 100x as many islands as Japan. despite what you might see in the west, where they only eat pork and mushy vegetables soaked in nasty ass heinz vinegar and garlic, they actually are crazy about fish, and have infinite recipes for it.

it should be no surprise that they traditionally make about 90,000 varieties of smoked, cured, dried, fermented, etc fish, many of which are unavailable even in areas where a lot of flips live.

I assume he's a flip and he's nostalgic for that stuff. it's kind of an acquired taste.

there are a few brands of canned flip sardines that will blow away anything from spain or portugal, but you can't get them outside of a few dangerous, grimy, impossible to get to cities in the philippines.

Jamaican, came up as a child.
> Read once that Mackerel wass considered bait fish so it was fed to they slaves, sorta like Lobster was.
Also, I might actually be looking for
smoked-herring.
youtube.com/watch?v=fjgvuOgpEVI

was - the ...fuck me

Can't speak for smoked herring, but tinned herring has a really excellent meaty flavor, it's almost like beef in some ways.

FilStop, luv the name
filstop.com/dried-fish/

smoked fish is delicious though.

>Oily fish

Only good fresh. Horrible otherwise.

>Are you guys Russian?

Only Russians eat this stuff....

I love it btw, been eating it for a long time.

Raw fish, reminds me of muh ancestors diet.

I have genuinely eaten it twice for the meme, so me too.

danish, it's definitely not just russians.