TAMALES

Taking a stab at making some pork tamales today. I'm using Alton Brown's Hot Tamale recipe as a reference. Any suggestions/tips?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6lp7z1WSABQ
youtube.com/watch?v=q-wmr_02Ucw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah go pick up a little Mexican lady at Walmart give her 20 bucks and let her do it I do this all the time

Oh shit, I was just watching that episode this morning. Post results when you're done OP.

I'm tired of doing that
I'll keep ya updated. Just getting the pork started now.

its going to be a two day process you are going to have to soak the corn leafs over night, in a seperat pot steep chile ancho and a few cascabel in hot water along with it. simmer pork shoulder or boston butt with a whole onion a whole peeled garlic salt bay leaf and whole cummin over a few hours make sure there is plenty of broth. pull the pork after once again a few hours. blend soaked chilies with garlic salt pepper cumin with pork broth dump liquefied chilies broth with the pulled pork and cook with a tad of lard or olive oil.

i figured it'd be an all day event. getting those husks soaking now... and definitely throwing in some garlic cloves with the pork. appreciate ya

for a 5lb pork use 4 anchos 2 casacabel 3 cups of broth season with salt pepper and cumming to your liking
its masa time (the corn breading) either buy it from a torterellira (mexican tortilla shop) for a 5lbs pork use 8 to 10 lbs of maseca i think or make your own with maseca hot water shorting or lard salt baking powder salt personally i use olive oil per cup of maseca 1/2 water or broth 2-4tbls of oil or shorting 1tsp baking powder 1tsp salt fyi it has to be like peanut butter once mixed make sure the broth or water must be hot

in all honesty boil the pork with a bit of water get it to a boil then simmer over a few hours the masa must be made last due to drying. use broth to rehydrate dump a bit of chili mush with the maseca to color and flavor, us mexicans use lard but i use olive oil due to not dying early

when filling to corn husk use the back of the spoon to spread it on said husk, use another spoon to fill it remember not to over stuff, it isn't your mom, once you have filled all husk use a steamer on a large stock pot or soup pot stand three of them forming a pyramid and build on that make sure that the masa is pointing up

if the dough is still tough use more oil lard or shorting and hot broth remember to mix thoroughly or with a stand mixer

>Any suggestions/tips?

Yea....don't use some meme cook's recipe for ethnic food.

There's plenty of Mexicans on youtube that show how they do it, and that's they way to go, dude.

Best of luck, regardless.

>going to be a two day process

Not here on planet Earth, dude.

the recipe is merely for reference

Doesn't matter.

Today you can cut out the middle man and go to the source.

Example:
1. Hipster goes to Mexico and convinces Mexican grandma to show him how she makes her tamales youtube.com/watch?v=6lp7z1WSABQ

2. Chick from Mexico city shows how she does it.
youtube.com/watch?v=q-wmr_02Ucw

No need to use meme food people like Brown when you can find the real deal on the jewtube.

>tortellerila
what did he mean by this?

>tamales are super secret/complicated, no white man could possibly comprehend how to make them

fuck off prick, I guarantee you know nothing about tamales

>cumming

Just btw where do you think said cook got the recipe if not by researching how Mexicans do it

>guarantee you know nothing about tamales

I don't have to, because there's plenty of Mezkins that do, and are willing to share their info on jewtube.

trying for 44444

but no mayans

you succeeded
well done

Quints for AB

shieeet

>taking a stab
>mexican
sounds about right

UPDATE
I've reached the construction phase. So far, so good.

Looks good, gringo.

thank you