Ask someone who works as a chef de rang in some of the best hotels in the world and has served the rich and the famous...

Ask someone who works as a chef de rang in some of the best hotels in the world and has served the rich and the famous for ten years anything

DO you eat your own food

are you someone who works as a chef de rang in some of the best hotels in the world and has served the rich and the famous for ten years?

Notable people you have cooked for?

The Queen of France; who gives a shit?

I served queen Elizabeth and the rest of the royal family at the order of knighthood grand gala in 2008
I used to meet all sorts of art celebrities, CEO's of some of the largest companies in the world, sultans and princes and a shitload of yatch owners who would park right in front of our hotel .

My food is my favorite food

Is there anything you can say that I care about?

I practice yoga as well, also I have a encyclopedic knowledge in anything food and beverage related.

What's the most seemingly impressive meal that can be wiped up at home.

What's the most ridiculous 'special' order you've ever gotten?

is the McChicken is the best fastfood sandwich,for you?

>what is the exact best ratio of meats for a burger

>what is the exact consistency of the meat in a classic turtle soup

>why is chaud froid a paradox

Those are just off the top of my head

Would you please use a name? It helps is tell which answers are reallly from you.

As in currently working in hotels (plural)? Generally that's a full time position that hotels and large restaurants are willing to pay to keep around.

how much does your job make you want to kill yourself

How much money do you make in a year?

Is it worth it?

Starter assiette of foie gras with caramelised figs
Pasta course homemade ricotta and spinach ravioli with butter and sage
Main beef wellington
22 bottles of evian at 8€ each to bathe his new born baby
No
No

I work in the Mediterranean during the summer then I work in some big European City during the winter
The longer you work the more you get used to it

Not much, about 40k, tips are essential , in a decent 5 star hotel you always get more tips than your pay

And still you use 's for the plural form.

What do you mean by this?

any tips for a new cook?

been working pantry (garde manger, salads/bread/desserts) at a local restaurant

how do I move up to stations like sautee or broil without proper cooking experience?

A chef de rang works in the dining room and serves the guests directly at their table, prepares basic dressings and sauces, prepares tartar, crepes Suzette, cleans cooked fish, carves and portions the food as requested, most importantly trains and instructs the commis, it's very elegant and intimate we are in close contact with the guests and never leave our rang, in old school 5 star service we are essentially butlers to our guests.

A chef de partie is in charge of his station in the kitchen and has one or two commis that help him.

Always taste your food, keep your workstation clean and organized, relax and enjoy what your doing, Learn all the basic French sauces and their derivatives, practice cutting your meat and fish in the correct portions with as much speed and efficency as possible, practice cutting vegetables (julienne, brunoise etc.) The chef is the ultimate authority, he is always right and if you fuck up its always his fault, choose the right chef don't settle for someone who has nothing to teach you.

are you happy?

Asd

McDonald's or burger king?