Any guys who enjoy a soup?

Any guys who enjoy a soup?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/y1i-Yw7s-Pw
youtube.com/watch?v=kUDALaHqhxQ
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnocchi
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've had soup before.

For some reason I feel like I should say no homo at this point though.

Nothing wrong with having soup with the bros

Looks like a stew to me

No i hate it, i want to take all the soup in the world and pipe it into an abos puckering anus and then make a frenchman eat it

moot likes soup, i miss moot, i like soup

I fucking LOVE soup.

For me, it is the sopa de macaco, the most uma delicia of all soups.

Nothing good comes from boiling a soup like that.

>e-celeb cancer

I love some T H I C C beef stew.

why?

soup is just hot salty water, it sucks as a meal

you are a cooklet.

Douche chill
youtu.be/y1i-Yw7s-Pw

1. Mulligatawny soup.
2. Chicken noodle soup.
3. Leek and potato soup.

If you don't agree you can fuck off.

Beef broth and Scotch broth are pretty comfy

Idk man the woman who makes the best veg/chicken noodle soup I've had told me the secret is a clear broth by boiling the stock cubes

More of a stew guy, but I love stock-based soup

>cubes
bait

it's one thing to reduce a stock or even cook the veggies but once you have an otherwise 'finisished' soup you turn off or significantly reduce the heat. Boiling at this point will overcook pasta make meats tough break down veggies and release all of your volatile oils into the air. The kitchen will smell great but the soup will taste and feel terrible.

You're actually right, my soups are usually over cooked, mostly because I don't want under cooked chicken/rice in the soup

I might have to rethink my cooking times

To be fair she could have been trying to throw me off the secret recipe
Swears by Maggi chicken stock cubes but specifically the ones produced in Holland
Fucking amazing soup

ayy

I do like me some sauerkraut soup.

Did someone say soup?

imo soup can only really be enjoyed on chilly/cold days, the kind that make the tip of your nose turn red.

I live in Texas now and that never happens, so fuck soups.

As long as there are no follow up comments or questions, yes

What about a good borscht?

How about some T H I C C curry rice?

Yeah I love soup. I usually smash up some saltines and add them to the soup.

I'm apparently one of the few people who enjoys chicken noodle soup regularly even when I'm not sick

Simple onion soup is cum tier

When I made soup I used to make chorizo soup

I actually really don't care for soup unless it's part of a larger meal. Chinese lunch takeout is the best. Most of them serve you 1/2 cup of soup, an egg roll, an entree, rice, fortune cookie, and condiments.

Chicken and wild rice > chicken and dumplings >>> chicken noodle.

I eat soup with every meal.
I remember when there was no soup.

OMG LOL!!!! 10/10 FELLOW REDDITBRO!!!! X^D

ofc on days I'm higher-functioning I'll make something fimilarly sophisticated. but 4am braindead and dying of starvation a nice can of chicken noodle hits the spot. break some saltines and drop them in. that shit rules

Anyone got a good one for cheesy potato soup? I have a pretty good idea, got cheese, potatoes, cream, bacon, green onions, but see a few differing ideas, like baking the potatoes first or using powdered mashed potatoes, so not entirely sure.

Also, any good way to make sure the cheese doesn't clump? Cream and a velveeta packet seem to work most of the time, but when it doesn't...

I love clam chowder, both white and red varieties. Tho they are a chowder and not a soup per say. Wonton soup is delicious and I'm also a fan of hot and sour soup. Pho is garbage tho

>got cheese, potatoes, cream, bacon, green onions

Wait, cheese in a soup dish?

Wont the consistency change? Have you tried it?

just boil the taters and puree them in the water at the end with some cream
you can add the cheese at this point as well
if the soup is thinner than you'd like, add some powdered mashed potatoes, a roux, or arrowroot powder
throw the rest of the ingredients in or save for garnishing

the benefit of a pureed soup is that the cheese will get nice and blended in

this is some good shit, some one has made me potato and bacon cheese soup and mmmm

for the cheese problem,
youtube.com/watch?v=kUDALaHqhxQ
maybe something like this?

you make it sound like you've never had something like broccoli and cheese soup

I think you've got that soup cooking a bit too hot, OP

Looks great bro

I want to eat that so bad it's driving me crazy

Jesus christ I'm gonna blow my fucking head off

You need to emulsify it, otherwise yeah it's gonna totally fuck up the texture

>Tfw when it snows so you make a seafood chowder
>But I don't like seafood!
>Pot is almost empty and everyone loved the shit out of it

I love that guy. Martha Stewart's channel better be glad he's carrying water for them.

rice > noodle > dumplings imo

I practically live off soup because I work a lot and it's easy to make a big batch every weekend and just freeze it in containers for every work day. Getting kinda sick of it tbqh.

must not be in the texas panhandle

What about gnocchi?

Its a delight

We already spoke of dumplings.

noodle > dumplings > rice, for me.
I wonder what would happen if you went MAXIMUM OVERCARB and made a dumpling soup, ladled it over fried rice, then topped it with crispy noodles.

Well then, not only are you wrong, but you also don't know what a good dumpling is.

Japanese karē raisu or Indian curry, served with some rice?

You'd get fatter.

Neither do you. Gnocchi a shit. East Asian dumplings better.
>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnocchi

This thread has got me in the mood for soup, defrosting a vege and bacon hock slow cooker soup now

Soup is awesome. When I was poor and jobless, and I lived on simple combinations of lentils and/or, bullion, bay leaves, flour, onion, vegetable oil, garlic, and potatoes. More-or-less, and maybe some other ingredients or stuff when I could get them. Things like cheese and broccoli soup are just decadence.