Its been a weeks since i had any soda

its been a weeks since i had any soda

im dying man. what should i drink instead? ive been drinking a shit load of water but it does nothing to help my craving. its only been a week but i havent lost any weight at all. my eating habits are still the same. should i keep going? i just keep thinking about that sip...

Orange juice and lemonade, user.

isnt that just as much sugar?

You're supposed to insert the needle with the "stream" not against it.
This image really bothers me.
I also don't know why they're tied off at the fucking wrist.

Put some slices of lemon in a jug of water

There is flavoured water maybe try those

Tea. Lots of variety in flavor, some are more savory, some are more fruity like lemonades. No sugar, just water and leaves

I'm glad I don't know this

I'm glad I wasn't triggered by op's image

Smoke crack OP, it's the only way.

To add to this, coffee with no sugar is also good.
I myself don't drink soda unless there's some in the house or I go out to eat, which is rarely.

Things don't happen instantly you have to give shit time. Your body is going through withdrawls just stick with it and things become more obvious.

Glass of orange juice, once a day. For the rest of the time, water or tea.

Yes, it is. You can still have sweet drinks, you should just limit it to around 8 oz per day, and that's only if you aren't consuming sugar elsewhere. Treat them like desserts and you'll be fine, they're not substitutes for water/low sugar beverages.

Sparkling water. How has anyone not suggested this yet?

OP, one of the things you probably miss about drinking soda is the feeling of the carbonation. Sparkling water (aka 'carbonated water') can help wean you from your dependence.

does it get easier?

Just drink diet sodas

That's most likely not a good idea. If you drink them in moderation then regular sodas are fine too. If you drink a lot of diet soda it reinforces your need to constantly have something sweet and is probably changing the bacteria in your digestive system in a negative way.

Although I'm not recommending it if you've made it this far.

For future reference quitting cold turkey almost never works. It's too big a change, then you can't do it and crack just once, drink a glass, and suddenly you consider it a failure and all your motivation is gone because you tied your entire success / failure up on quitting cold turkey.

It's better to reduce. Drink water with breakfast and lunch, allow yourself a soda with dinner and watching TV.

Then replace the TV one with soda too and only drink soda with dinner.

Then replace that one too and only drink soda with friends at McDonalds.

Then remove that too.

I rarely drink soda, but when I do it's usually the Ramune that I pick up from the asian market down the road. Shit's good.

WTF I quitted drinking soda since like 10 years ago and I still gain weight if I don't follow my diet strictly (which is dark bread, eggs, vegetables and chicken....) I can't understand how people can drink soda and eat chips and stuff and don't fucking bloat up until they explode... that's kind of unfair. and yes I work out.

I mix half lemonade, half seltzer water. If you don't like stuff like La Croix, try that.

Buy some green tea, big leaves
Get a big jug
Put dried leaves and loads of lemon in the jug
Pour on boiled water
Let it infuse for a while

Seriously nice and satisfying with (almost) no calories

Fuck soda pop. Drink distilled water. Add half a lime's worth of juice if you like.

Flavored Seltzer water.

Motherfucking seltzer water, thats how i kicked my soda habit.

are you sure it's sugar you're craving and not caffeine? Drink coffee if you haven't tried it

I did this - took about two weeks before the cravings stopped. Lost about 70 lbs in eight months, and still only drink water.

Just keep to water and give it time. Eventually your taste buds will change, and you will be more accepting to bitter tasting (healthier) foods that you probably have never eaten before.

What you feel is literally a form of withdrawal. Make your own conclusions.

Protip : understanding that you were literally addicted to a shitty product and you're doing the right thing will probably help you powering through

This stuff is my go to, or unsweet ice tea.

Buy stevia drops. Drop them in lemonade, iced tea, chai or coffee. Make 2 L of those drinks, store in bottles in fridge. It's much better than soda
1 lemon, 2 mint tea teabags, 15 drops of stevia and 1,5L of water. Steep tea, let cool, add tea and drops, put in fridge

>insert the needle with the "stream" not against it.
>tied off at the fucking wrist.

Came here to say that. Triggered.

>what should i drink instead?

Water with the juice of 1/4 lemon or lime.

Shit's delicious, and actually good for you instead of being liquid cancer like soda.

Buy a dozen lemons a week and toss them in the fridge. They're cheap.

>seven limes