How do I convince a friend to switch from energy drinks to coffee?

How do I convince a friend to switch from energy drinks to coffee?

He's drinking three or four Monsters a day and claims that it's for the caffeine, but we all know that's bullshit. He said he's willing to give coffee a shot but has only ever grown up around low-tier Folgers and Maxwell House... so where can he start?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f_4Q9Iv7_Ao&
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You don't
Let him kill himself the way he wants to

Why? Is he overweight from the sugar? You could suggest sugar-free sodas instead. Sugar junkies usually don't even like good coffee. Me, I don't fucking bother people with my idea of how or what they should be eating unless they are killing themselves and cannot figure out why, or want to quit behaviors but can't figure out how.

Why do so many people think it's okay to get all up in other people's business?

>Why do so many people think it's okay to get all up in other people's business?
Fucking this.

If he's looking for help, help him, if he's asking specifically for advice, give it.

But don't butt in trying to tell someone else how to live their life, it wont work.

If they don't want to stop, they're not going to stop.

This.
I have some friends who smoke and I'm trying to convince them to stop. It's their choice and they know it's harmful. You'll just look like a cunt bringing this up all of the time. Maybe buy him some good espresso, tastes amazing, has some benefitial health effects and the caffeine concentration is way higher than energy drinks too.

I'm not trying*

sounds like your friend /sips/

Not all of them mate

>so where can he start?

>tfw heart palpitations begin after taking two of these

it's for the flavor. if he wanted caffeine, he's get caffeine pills or even redbull, and if he wanted soda, he'd get a coke.

Why would you take two of them?

Show him sip threads

For unbridled, unrestrained energy

Your friend would just start drinking sugary coffee that's 90% creamer. Just get him on caffeine pills with a b supplement.

it won't work unless he's weaned off sugar first. you'll just end up disappointed and/or offended when objectively good coffee doesn't do anything for him.

>mfw I've done everything except herion
God damn i love speed

is he a science guy? I've always heard that too much sugar is bad for you, but I've always been indifferent. Seeing this changed my mind.
youtube.com/watch?v=f_4Q9Iv7_Ao&

tl;dr glucose is useful, but most things are sweetened with fructose which has to become fat and then ATP to be accessible to the body as energy.

There's a chance that he consumes so many of these drinks that he feels that he can't be productive unless he takes one, because the constant sugar highs cause crashes that throw him out of focus.

You don't have to go carb or sugar free, just eat a savory breakfast and drink carbonated water instead of soda, and also avoid products marketed to be healthy but have sugar in them like yoghurts and fruit juices.

>being a caplet

Why drink a can of sugar when it could just be coffee and delicious steamed milk

Heroin has killed three people I've known in the past two years.

That shit is no joke

>mfw I have such a high tolerance for caffeine that THREE of these fucking tabs just barely makes me awake

I'd rather be in a coma than awake anyway, energy drinks are for normie cucks

> Khat is illegal in a world where tobacco is