S M O K E B O Y S

Why aren't you smoking meat

Other urls found in this thread:

homedepot.com/p/Masterbuilt-Pro-Charcoal-Propane-Dual-Fuel-Smoker-20050412/202904343#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i don't have a smoker

Get one

okay

$80 at home Depot

I don't have a home depot in my town, can i get one at lowes?

Hey, hey! Close that shit! You're letting all the heaven out!

maybe I do, OP

Why should i???

You can also smoke smaller batches on a kettle grill user.

420SMOKEBOYZ

I don't know I'm not a Lowe's nigger

I'm not allowed to have something like that where I live, I have to use the communal grills which have cigarettes in them but tobacco can be a flavoring right?

My mom said smoking stuff is bad

Where are things that bad

What rub?

>soaking chips

This is only my third time smoking, should I just go in dry?

because that thing is for rednecks

I've got $200 to Home Depot and have been looking at getting a new smoker to replace my shitty h2o smoker. What does Veeky Forums recommend? I've been looking at this one

homedepot.com/p/Masterbuilt-Pro-Charcoal-Propane-Dual-Fuel-Smoker-20050412/202904343#

because I don't care enough about smoked meat to do it myself

Electric has superior temp control, propane gets up to temp faster. Do some research

I smoked this today on my kamado. Kept the grill at 300 for about an hour until the meat read 145 in the middle.

Ya that's what I've been reading. Is electric worth it? I've heard they don't make near as good meat compared to propane and charcoal. Do they affect your electric bill that much?

What smoker would you recommend for around $200? Don't really mind fuel type

>Using a resistance heating coil for 6 hours
>Affecting your electric bill
If you're concerned about this then you have better things you should be spending your money on

Is it true that chicken that you smoke remains pink because of how you cook it, but it's safe to eat?

No smoke penetration, why bother?

If you do it right you will have pink colored meat a few mm below the surface of the meat, it is perfectly safe to eat (doesn't look like raw chicken)

>I've heard they don't make near as good meat compared to propane and charcoal.

Think about that statement for a second. The difference between thermostatically controlled electric and charcoal is that temperature control is automated. The only thing you need to think about is supplying wood for smoke. I have this masterbuilt and it works great. Got it for @ $200.

well yeah...
how are you gonna get smoke if your wood is too damp to smolder?

Smokes fine for me. Never tried it without

I try to do a pork butt and a couple chickens every week or so, and use the meat in a variety of different meals.

pic related: collards made with mesquite smoked chicken

Shut the fuck up idiot.

I don't know if the picture just isn't doing it justice but there's a bit of a smoke ring there and you can taste the smoke for sure.

I would think with such a quick smoking time the surface of the meat would heat up too quickly to get much smoke.

I honestly thought it was gonna take a bit longer but obviously I was cooking by internal temp. I had my diffuser in there so the heat was indirect but the smoke flavor is definitely there.

your wife is too busy smoking my meat

I have a setup like pic related. Masterbuilt Electric Smoker ($130), Masterbuilt Slow Smoker ($50), and aluminum dryer hose with clamp and adapter ($10). The slow smoking attachment and aluminum tube allow me to cold smoke. Also the slow smoker lets you smoke 6 hours at a time instead of changing chips every 30-45 minutes.

Salmon, cured for 3 days and cold smoked 10 hours.

>goyim don't know about muh lox and garlic chives

Thanks m8s. I'll look into electric since it seems the best option for casual smoking. Hopefully I'll have some nice pics next weekend

see

Because it's 107F outside and I'd rather get cornholed than stand outside watching my smoker. I do make some badass bbq, but not fucking right now.

because i live in a one room apartment with no yard

>He doesn't use his smoker in the bathroom under the ceiling vent

>not smoking on your fire escape

Quite possibly the safest place to do it

I did that with mine too. I cold smoke bacon and lox too. Fucking fantastic.

That looks awesome, but I want to learn basic smoking first before moving on to that. Anyone make jerky with their smokers? I'm hiking the Grand Canyon in September and would love to make some jerky for the trip

Looks dank bro. I haven't had a chance to do bacon yet, but I'm thinking of doing some really untraditional bacon, like from lamb belly or goat belly. Or wild boar guanciale. Anyone here smoke game meat?

i already smoke cock meat, with my mouth

sounds like a fire hazard

True facts. It's all about separating your meat from the heat and controlling temp.

(I know this is BBQ at 300 degrees and not cold smoking, but it can be done with less fire and less airflow)

because it's one of, if not the worst way to consume meat

Breh that setup IS basic and under $200. Literally load wood chips and set the temp. Why buy a shitty "beginner" smoker and pay again for another one later down the line? This is a better introductory and long term solution.

Traditionally you should use a dehydrator for jerky but you can have success smoking at 170°F for 8 hours with the Masterbuilt.

>all that sauce
get out

> Finishing with sauce after a 3 hour smoke, 2 hour foil wrap.

All about preference, I like my baby back ribs sticky.

I like em both ways myself, but those look pretty tasty. Something about a sticky rib that's just fun to eat. If I know I'm going all in on the sauce, I don't even care if my fork is sticky when I go to get a bite of slaw or potato salad. Looks really nice.

Respectable. Learning to control the coals and heat and airflow is essential to making great BBQ. Once you actually know what you're doing, noone can fault you for taking the easy road.