Soft or crispy bacon?

I got into an argument with my dad about how bacon should be cooked. I really chewy bacon, but he wants crispy bacon. Am I being a faggot or is soft bacon objectively better?

Chewy is best

Doesn't good bacon usually have a little bit of both going on? Crispy around the edges.

There's a small window during cooking where it's got the perfect balance of crispy and chewy. The meat is still slightly chewy and the fat has rendered enough to not be so chewy, and it has a slight crisp on the outside of it all. You only have like a minute to get it this way before it gets too dry and crunchy. Would rather have dry and crunchy bacon than undercooked chewy bacon where the fat still has snap to it though.

/thread

Crispy. Come on guys.

is chewy bacon really undercooked? I always though that crispy bacon is overcooked.

Nah it's just subjective, I meant undercooked for me. I know someone who likes their bacon just heated enough to be considered cooked but as chewy as possible, and someone else who likes their bacon to be just before burned, they would consider the other's bacon to be over/undercooked.

There's a fine art to crispy but not burnt bacon. You won't find it at breakfast buffet. Or those families who cook large batches. Or the guys who bake on a cookie sheet to set it and forget it.

But crispy juicy bacon can be achieved.

Seconding this. Though I grew up with a dad who always cooked extra crispy bacon, so I am fine with that too. I just generally don't like swatches of chewy soft fat in anything.

Back bacon soft.
Streaky bacon crispy.

Nuff said.

^^^
/thread

I can attest that it exists. I've experienced it.

I prefer crispy bacon, chewy to me just says lots of gristle. However, I honestly believe it depends on the grade and thickness of bacon you have (I've never bought the pricey good kind).

I prefer it to be on the chewy side

Crispy for me.
I always like ALL of my meat really well-done.
Bacon has to be browned with crispy edges.
Steak has to be well-done.
Sausages have to be burnt to a crisp.

He's right. You're definitely a faggot.

>objectively
You're being a faggot.

Depends on what it's for.

Tfw My entire family insists on bacon being dark brown and hard like a cracker. Fucking awful.

Speak for yourself, mate. That's how I like it.

Thick cut and very crispy

I like soft bacon, but that doesn't mean you're not being a faggot.

Now get on your knees and suck the dick that made you, boy.