Do you buy fruits and/or vegetables from Mennonites?

Do you buy fruits and/or vegetables from Mennonites?

I'd never support those mentally ill religious fanatics

i would but they're too shiftless for my tastes

I just came back in Pennsylvania.

>doesn't believe in technology
>uses old fashioned farming practices that inefficient and polluting to a point where the fed had to come in and make them clean up their act
>active in the hard drug trade
>all of them are fat fucks or bean poles and if they aren't fat fucks they eventually will be from the looks of their elders
>basically peaceful American version of Al Qaeda

I've gotten strawberry jam from some Amish a few years back in Michigan. It was delicious, but sugary as dick

I would but there aren't any near me

Forgot to add

>exempt from military service
>will not celebrate national holidays such as Independence Day, Veteran's Day, etc
>the reason they can practice their retarded religion is because of the sacrifice of men and women that honor aforementioned things above

Fuck the Amish.

Closest I cam was buying "Amish bread" and it tasted just like white bread from the store.

no, but i would

>>exempt from military service
there is no draft, so what are you on about, mate?

>>uses old fashioned farming practices that inefficient and polluting to a point where the fed had to come in and make them clean up their act
>>active in the hard drug trade
poof?

There's a menonite deli near me. For 4.50 I get a sammi that has more meat and cheese than you can imagine.
Value = 10/10
Taste = 9/10
Quality = 8/10

I live in the American Southwest. We have Mormons.

They can't really grow fruit.

mormons is that like christians?

They're an offshoot. Mormons consider themselves Christian, but not all other protestants would agree because they add scriptures unique to Mormonism.

>religion does not believe in acknowledging nations as higher powers
>Military men "and women" fight for rights such as freedom of religion
>hey these faggots wouldn't even be free to practice their freedom to disregard us if not for us, they need to acknowledge us!

while in a sense I get the indignation, the irony of yellow ribbon faggots constantly crying about this always annoys me. If you get your panties in a knot because someone didn't pat you on the back maybe you should go into a different career.

I don't trust mennonites or the amish not to poison me.

This. Would you want a conscripted Amish dude as your squad buddy? Can probably build you a barn, but has no idea how Veeky Forums works.

The Amish and Mennonites don't have to register for the Selective Service.

>mentions Mormons in a thread about Mennonites

What's your angle here?

google it you fucking retard I live in this state it's common knowledge

It's like the fucking Jews. They're all happy to feed at trough when the sun is shinning but when it's time to put in work where are they?

The selective service laws aren't enforced anyway, and anyone can register as a conscientious objector. What does it matter?

I suppose it doesn't matter since they're dying out anyway.

ok

?

They're not actively enforced, but if you get arrested for something minor and are past the age of 26 and unregistered without good reason (didn't move to the US until after 26, religious exemption, etc), you can get charged with felonious failure to register. You're also disqualified from receiving federal financial aid and social security.

I meant in Pennsylvania. They're in decline here, but from what I understand doing well everywhere else nationally.

ah, ok.

They've always been rare, but It doesn't appear that they're going anywhere anytime soon. Where are you getting your information?

>Hard drug.
Dude, they grow weed.

the hardest of drugs

They're not like Al Qaeda at all since they're not actively trying to run over anyone with #trucksofpeace. I don't mind the Amish at all since they keep to themselves and don't try door to door harassment like the mormons.

I'd kind of like to see horse and buggy type Amish going on a spree of running people over.

Need For Weed: Ohio Drift

Their only saving grace is that they keep to themselves. Unlike the Mormons and the Jew.

I always used to when I lived in Pennsylvania. Those folks know how to grow delicious produce.

Amish =/= Mennonite

If you lived in Pennsylvania, you'd know the Amish aren't the same as the Mennonites. Try harder.

They're very closely related, do you concern yourself with the various strains of Baptists as well?

Yes, Mennonites work at Shady Maple, Amish ride around in buggys and scooters.

I solely concern myself with facts like the Amish and Mennonites are not the same.

It's the same fucking thing you mong!

Wrong.

A quick Google search for "differences between Amish and Mennonites" is helpful here in proving you to be incorrect.

Nah, Mennonites are much more varied. They sort of run the gamut from indistinguishable from mainline protestants to nearly indistinguishable from the Amish depending on the denomination.

Thank you. I wasn't going to waste that many characters explaining.

>Amishamerica.com
Keep acting like you know something.

Chimps and humans also are closely related. Does that make them the same thing?

That's because those faggots don't actually fight to defend freedom of religion, freedom of speech, or freedom of the press, or any kind of freedom, for that matter. They can't even see the irony in going to war, possibly even being killed, supposedly for these freedoms, then turn around and resent others for having those same freedoms. They only enlist so they can shitpost about how much of a sacrifice they made.

you were not capable of it, you mean

depends if they are black

No

If I was capable of knowing Amish are not Mennonites, then I am also capable of explaining their differences. It was a waste of time to do so.

Tell me about the lip. Why does he shave his stashe

he doesn't want pussy juice to get stuck in it

also they are non trinitarian

That's a bit of a leap

>Me and Dad stop in to shoot the shit with some other farmers at coffee row
>Another farmer shows up, just bought some potatoes from Hutterites
>He actually brings them in to show how big they are
>Another farmer says he just bought stovepipe potatoes, cut open the bag
>He explains: They fill the bag with a stove pipe in the middle, putting the nice potatoes on the outside and then filling the stovepipe with the shitty small ones to hide them inside
>Farmer cuts open the bag
>Tiny potatoes spill out
>Starts swearing at invisible Hutterites while everyone laughs at him

This tradition stems back to the early days of the Amish when wearing elaborate mustaches was common among those in the military. In their early days, the Amish and other Mennonites in Europe were often persecuted by these groups. The Amish and Mennonites are anti-war/aggression/violence.

t. Person in SEOhio surrounded by these people.

user's should be more careful in their initial choice of terminology if they want to argue.

>be euroquaker
>move to america
>mention every now and then that i'm quaker
>get often asked about milking cows, feeding chickens and raising barns
>mfw

There's a Chinese Mennonite church near me and a Mexican Mennonite church at my corner. They're quite varied.

Is that really any worse than people remembering that Nixon was a Quaker?

But their chicken tastes fucking amazing, at least at zingerman's in ann arbor

lol they believe in technology. they just dont own any themselves (some own cars). my mom lived near some growing up and said they would always walk to her house to use the phone and shit like that. they are the most annoying neighbors you could ever imagine. amish too, some of them are starting to drive vans now around where i live (big farming area) mostly because its right next to a major highway and they would never be able to get a horse and buggy across the highway into town to sell their produce.

>Two different people referred to with the same label, namely "another farmer".
>Incorrect use of "he" in the 4th line.
Grammatically, "he" in the fourth line refers to "another farmer" at the beginning of that same line.
That does not appear to be the intended use.
Stay mad, illiterate farmer LARPer.

Huge difference between his lot and mine, but we grew out of the same movement. His took it one way (scriptural) and EuroQuakers took it another (spiritual). And I wasn't saying that it was any worse or better, just that they think Quakers are the same thing as Amish, Mennonites and Hutterites when we're not even a related group at all.

Honestly my biggest beef with them is the child abuse