Chia pudding

A lot of my friends brag about eating chia pudding and i was wondering if i should try out. Since i don't really plan my breakfasts and usually skip them it would be easier to eat something filling in the morning with tea and go out. I'm also trying to lose weight so i was wonderin gif it's actually good? And how do you make it if you also eat it.

Other urls found in this thread:

foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/chia-seed-pudding-3362661
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

OP here. if i eat it i will probably eat it every day, so im wondering if its healthy to do that

if you don't mind aids

if it's anything like sago pudding it has a lot of coconut milk which is incredibly unhealthy

It's pretty okay desu familias. I made it once with coconut milk alongside the standard almond milk and it turned into a sort of mousse texture. Had to add probably about 50% more liquid that way though.

I'd recommend trying it out.

Looks nice. Would try.

Don't understand why it would be something to brag about, but apparently those chia seeds are deemed healthy, so I guess it could be like the quinoa hype. They're high in omega 3 low carb, so it fits the latest hypes, but then again you'll probably add sugar to the pudding.

I'm planing on using normal milk. I'd rather not drink sweetened bleach.

>coconut milk is incredibly unhealthy
>you've got to be fucking shitting m-
>FIFTY SEVEN FUCKING GRAMS OF SATURATED FAT PER CUP

Apperantly you add honey to the mix? I have real honey at home so it will probably taste good.

idiot there's 2 kinds of coconut milk

talking 3.5g of fat per 1cup of coconut milk

It's practically flavorless and not that filling. Just something for people with lactose intolerance who still want to fall for the yogurt meme.

I work at a vegan restaurant and we made this a couple times. It has the same texture as snot without much flavor, after eating a whole bowl of it I can say it didn't feel much different from snot inside of me either. Maybe we fucked it up that bad but I'd just like to say that it wasn't really that good to begin with.

>same texture as snot without much flavor

b-b-but .. muh micronutrients!

holy fucking shit

Sure it's healthy but it also has the texture of baby vomit and tastes horrible so get ready for that if you want to eat it everyday

Just eat a bowl of oats, prepare them with boiling water and a fruit of your choice. Filling, delicious and healthy.

I tried oats but i think i did them wrong because i felt like i needed to vomit with every spoonful. It felt tacky/glue-like for some reason and fruit didn't help that much. I made chia pudding right after this post because i wanted to try it and added some cocoa, i might have added too much milk because its not dense like snot. I will let it sit half an hour more and will try it.

OP here again. Also some sites say eat one table spoon a day? What happens if i eat more? Explosive diarrhea?

>i felt like i needed to vomit with every spoonfu
I mean are you sure they haven't gone bad? Oats are generally very wholesome and easy to digest. I can see people disliking the texture but I don't mind it at all. They taste rather boring but are a awesome base for other flavors. Try apples and cinnamon.

Reason is the seeds can bind like 15 times their weight in water which can actually lead to intestinal obstruction and eventually death. It's a complete non-issue if you soak them before eating.

So if they are kept in milk for the whole night it will be fine? Also with the oats, im sure they havent gone bad and i might have exaggurated. Lets not say "vomit" but it wasnt very tasty and caused me to lose my appetite very quickly, which made me want to vomit (to lose the feeling of fullbess coming from a lost appetite) . I tried them with bananas and strawberries but not with cinnamon. I may try it tomorrow!

Also, i ate the chia pudding and i actually really liked it. The texture didnt change but it had a certain runniness in it that i liked, it was a bit runny and definitely not like snot. I am worried about the seeds "intestinal obstruction" part. Do you mean soak as in keep them in water for 15 minutes then make the pudding or any liquid you put it in is fine? (After all it did soak up a bit of the milk and got bigger/softer)

Chia pudding is a very dense, rich food. It is something like 30% your daily fat and 80% daily sat fat intake in a small cup.

>milk
>cocoa
>seeds
>a little sugar
>80% of your saturated fat intake

Sorry one Teeny tiny chia pod is only 35% sat fat

I've seen one at a Whole Foods truck though that was more than that.

Why are you so insistent on talking about that specific product?

Get the seeds. Make it yourself. That way you have complete control over the nutritional content. Just because that brand adds so much fat doesn't mean you have to.

Stupid meme food for overcompensating fatasses and foodie hipsters who need the national dish of another shithole every month. Tastes like nothing and has the texture of snot with raspberry seeds

The best chia drink:

1/2 container pomegranate juice
1/2 container water
a splash of lemon or lime juice
1 spoon chia

Stir that shit until the chia has transformed into its gel form

Serve over ice. Best post workout.

Used to work for a vegan family and one time I cat sat for them and they paid me in a ton of cinnamon apple chia pudding and it was delicious.

I believe they used cashews and dates for the pudding part, then I think the apples were coated in a mix of dates, lemon juice, cinnamon... probably missing some ingredients but I think you get the gist. It was a long time ago.

Would definitely be worth making. Kind of reminds me of tapioca pudding.

Do it this way. Leave out all that coconut mess.

foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/chia-seed-pudding-3362661

Omg -- once these Korean people gave me a nut and date sticky rice they made. It was AMAZING

>yogurt

Disgusting. That would ruin it... Meat eaters really do not know how to cook.

I didn't think anyone else discovered the pomegranate/chia combination. The lemon juice sounds like a good touch.

Chia is a meme, its textually very weird and unpleasant imo.

If you want to lose weight skip breakfast, don't eat from eight pm to noon the next (except coffee, tea, water) get moderate exercise and eat sensibly. Simples.