Why do southerners make the best gravy?

Why do southerners make the best gravy?

Other urls found in this thread:

whatscookingamerica.net/Sauces_Condiments/MilkGravy.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1. they're not afraid of food that looks like cum
2. they realized the power of "creamy" as a taste

Do Americans really call eat this """"""""gravy""""""""?

Fuck yeah

They make some good shit, but it's only on par with what we do in the Midwest.

My wife makes bomb ass sausage and gravy on biscuits.

Some poster with a crap camera left a recipe for gravy...made it for my grandparents this weekend...it was the bomb.

It was a sausage/bacon gravy with green onions and red pepper + maple syrup. Hats of to that poster.

Sure. It's one of many sorts of gravy. This one is specifically called "country gravy" or "sawmill gravy". It's made like any other gravy--starting with a roux made with the drippings from cooking the meat.

looks like chunky semen

They have the best recipes.

Milk doesn't go in gravy, you uncultured AmeriFAT. That's white sauce with shitty American sausage tossed into it.

It's just roux with sausage meat added

That's a shitty sauce not gravy.

You forgot the milk o mighty chef.

Don't diss it until you try it, britbong.
It's actually pretty good.

>a butthurt Ameriboo appears

Good or not it's a sauce not gravy. All types of gravy are sauces but not all sauces are gravy.

Found the obese sharter.

I prefer redeye gravy.

What exactly qualifies it as a "Sauce"?

How is it not a gravy? It's a sauce that's cooked on the base of drippings left over from cooking meat. Sounds like the definition of gravy to me.

Don't sperg out because Americans don't put brown dye in it like the Brits do (pic related)

Amerisharts don't us milk. They use half and half or cream. Fat fuckers.

>British people
>eating sausage

That would be Islamophobic, mate.

O B S E S S E D

>the butthurt Ameriboo cries out for more attention

American here. No, we use milk. I've tried it with cream before and it screws up the texture and the taste.

Strangely, very few Americans I know use cream or half/half for cooking with. They only have it to put in their coffee or to whip for desserts.

Those "biscuits" are actually scones. Dumbfuck Amerisharts renaming things that already exist and then claiming it as American.

No, there's a pretty big difference.

The roux is built up from the sausage.

Gravy is a sauce.

>I don't understand anything about how things are cooked.

Why are there so many angry British Ameriboos on Veeky Forums?

If you omit the sugar in the recipe for a scone it is known as a savoury scone. Savoury scones do not have jam (jelly, there's another one you renamed) added or cream.

Biscuit is the older word, idiot.

Biscuits may not be american, but we make them better.

It's also incorrect since the food in question isn't baked twice. Biscuit literally means "twice cooked".

Really? You know England is centuries older than America. Biscuits have been around a lot longer than scones.

We don't care about your shitty food, Ameriboo.

Next you will be saying hamburgers and hotdogs are American too.

Pretty sure we've changed Hotdogs and Hamburgers a lot from their origins.

Yeah. You fat fucks just load it up with bacon and cheese.

>muh amerifat
Not every good burger needs to be loaded with Bacon and shit. A lot of us prefer them with only a few toppings, Ahmed.

America has no authentic cuisine. Simply slapping some yellow meme cheese onto something European makes it worse not better. Dumping pork hamburger into French white sauce doesn't make it better or make it a gravy. America is a nation of obese retards that cannot cook.

So basically a burger. Which originally came from Hamburg. Hence the name. If you deny this, you are really dumb. There is no ham in a hamburger.

The basic modern understanding of a ground beef patty on a bun is an American invention

white sauce doesn't use drippings you absolute monkey

who the fuck taught you to cook that you would use drippings for bechamel? lol, the retards & wannabe trolls on this board...

>no cuisine
Not everything you see in a supermarket or in your local McDicks is american food.
>what is clam chowder
>what is cheesesteak
>what is cornbread
>what is gumbo
There's a lot more to list.

>America has no authentic cuisine
What is Cornbread?

>Simply slapping some yellow meme cheese onto something European makes it worse not better
Agreed.

>>Dumping pork hamburger into French white sauce doesn't make it better or make it a gravy
Nobody said it made anything better. And how is it not a gravy? It's a sauce cooked on a base of meat drippings. That's literally the definition of Gravy, even if it somehow triggers your spergbrain.

>>America is a nation of obese retards that cannot cook.
Agreed. But you Brits are no different. I'm pretty sure we Amerilards are fatter, but we've only had a reputation for poor cooking since after WWII. The Brits reputation for shoddy cooking goes back at least to the Victorian era, if not before. It's discussed in Beeton's. But we digress. I'm not sure why our collective fatness or lack of cooking skill has anything at all to do with the definition of gravy.

so a hamburger without a bun is not a hamburger? This is what I mean about things that already exist and Amerisharts renaming them and claiming them as their own.

>no authentic cuisine
>half of the most prevalent western cuisine didnt exist until america was colonized

why are you even here if you dont know this

This is pedantics though. Do you honestly think the english were the first people ever to batter and fry a fish filet? All culture is a result of past influences.

Okay. Cook a dish with a vegetable that is indigenous to USA

>Ameriboo spergs out again

And yet here you are, Ameriboo.

Here you are.

we use milk

We just call it fish and chips. We don't rename it with a totally different name and claim it as our invention.

But we don't claim Fried Fish as an American invention. It's so generic, it's hard to claim it for a culture.

Pumpkin pie you horrendous fucking euronigger. Just fuck off and accept the fact that your shithole non-superpower dump only exists because of our good graces.

Southern fried catfish is indeed American, and far superior to any of the garbage you'll find from the yuropoors.

>>But we don't claim Fried Fish as an American invention

You need to read about the history of food and cooking.

So? Not all croissants are crescent-shaped.

Pumpkin is considered a fruit. There is only one indigenous vegetable in the USA.

>I'm pretty sure we Amerilards are fatter
Heeeeh. I was surprised by the amount of whales when I went to Bongistan last year. They may very well be catching up to you!

to america? anything with tomato, potato, spices

I find it incredibly bizarre how everything on this board eventually devolves into talking about how much they hate America.

Do you think indigenous means exclusive to?

Do you think vegetable is a botanical classification?

I cooked up some fried blood for breakfast today. Retarded Amerifats will never have the culture to appreciate this fine dish.

>America is the only place that has adapted foods from other places

Wrong, wrong and spices aren't vegetables,are they?

>pork hamburger
>French white sauce

Jesus christ you must be British with such a shit understanding of cooking.

All those salty Ameriboo tears.

Vegetable is a purely culinary term, it's not used as any designated botanically.

Indigenous means found in your country before you started planting foreign plants.

Yes fruit and vegetable are a botanical classification.

>>wrong
>wrong
feelsgoodman.jpg

sick dude, ring me up that definition of vegetable

>Be septic
>Discover wiener schnitzels
>put it on two slices of corn syrup bread
>claim it's American cuisine
>take hamburger
>put it on white corn syrup bread
>authentic American cuisine!

What a nation of obese, inept retards you are. And you call British cuisine bad. 99% of American cuisine consists of taking European food and then putting it onto a sandwich.

Blackberry, blueberry, cranberry are pretty tasty

Vegetable is certainly not a botanical classification.

What are some vegetable dishes native to bongistan?

posts on here. Can't use the internet for information. Summer, Summer Summertime. Oh, the Summertime.

Way to respond to nothing resembling anything I said whatsoever.

>tfw you realize the ingredients in the gravy, sans sausage, are essentially the same as the buttermilk biscuit it's covering
>tfw you realize you just ate two biscuits and a bunch of greasy jimmy dean breakfast sausage
>tfw I don't care, B&G is the best fucking breakfast

Not fucking veggies, are they?

you are the internet, bud

Lel the UK is what 4% behind the US is number of obese? Bunch of inbred fat fucks
What a qt

>take bechamel sauce
>dump pork burger into it
>YEEHAW! I DUN MADE ME SOME GRAVY, CLETUS!

Fuck yea a /BnG/ thread.

Veggie is a made up term

>pork burger

Seriously what the fuck even is that?

Also, that's just not how the dish is made. Do you even know how to make a roux from cooked protein?

Google "is pumpkin a fruit or vegetable"

What does that have to do with the fact that vegetable is a purely culinary distinction.

The brits use the term "burger" to mean "ground meat".

So "pork burger" or "pork hamburger" is just ground pork, aka minced pork.

>In everyday usage, a vegetable is any part of a plant that is consumed by humans as food as part of a meal. The term vegetable is somewhat arbitrary, and largely defined through culinary and cultural tradition.

Yep, made up word

so you are saying that tomato is a vegetable and cauliflower is a fruit?

That's still not what goes into sausage gravy. Sausage does.

>brits call everything burger
>get buttmad that burgers are an american thing

>being this autistic over plant origins

Why in the world would a cauliflower be a fruit?

And, in cooking, tomatoes are prepared as though they're a vegetable. They're certainly a fruit, though. You're arguing about nothing.

We say beef burger, pork burger, chicken burger, veal burger, etc. We tell you what is in the product.

In the US we tend to reserve "burger" for the finished cooked patty. Alone, beef is assumed. Turkey burger, bacon burger, blackbean burger, etc. are more specific. Ground meat is called ground whateveritis.

Yeah, I get that.

My point was that in American English "burger" means a finished sandwich, not just the meat itself. It seems silly to use the same word to refer to the meat and also to the finished dish. Use the word burger for the dish. Use the word mince for the meat itself.

whatscookingamerica.net/Sauces_Condiments/MilkGravy.htm

>1/4 cup pan drippings (bacon drippings or sausage drippings)*
>1/4 cup all-purpose flour
>2 cups milk or heavy cream, room temperature
>Salt and pepper to taste

YEEHAW! I DUN MADE ME SOME AMERICAN GRAVY, CLETUS! Also:

>milk gravy
>milk
>implying milk goes in gravy
>implying milk could ever be the MAIN ingredient in gravy--a meat based sauce

Pig disgusting.

>all these salty Ameriboo tears

B-but....you're fat......

A burger made from beef in America is called a hamburger. A bacon burger is a hamburger topped with bacon

>Which originally came from Hamburg. Hence the name.
This is actually incorrect, funnily enough.

Hahaha what the fuck is this recipe?

This isn't the sauce we're talking about.

Sawmill gravy is:

1 lb of pork sausage
1/3 cup flour
2-3 cups milk
a shit ton of black pepper