Why are you charging that burger?

To activate it

>buying an automatic car
Yeah i can see the self loathing

This here

>muh manual
not OP but who gives a shit
not being being able to multitask while driving sucks ass anyways

I'm pretty sure from the dash it's a Ford Fiesta as well. OP must be a glutton for punishment to have an auto Fiesta.

I hope you die in a car crash because you're staring at your dumb fucking phone instead of driving your goddamn car you stupid wanker

It makes them feel like they accomplished something even though learning manual is piss easy and they'll be phased out for semi-autos anyway in the near future.

Shut up you fuccboi.

There's no accomplishment whatsoever--driving a manual trans is a basic life skill. As you said, it's piss easy.

But it's a great thing to have: more reliable than auto. more efficient than auto. And it gives you that connection to the road that's missing from so many cars these days. It makes driving an engaging experience, not just going from point a to point b.

Manuals will stick around for enthusiast cars and barebones econoboxes. Performance cars will be DCT. Econoboxes will be CVT.

It's automatic slushboxes that are being phased out.

Escape actually, they both have similar interiors but the shifter is a bit higher on the escape

Who can't multi task with a manual? I used to drive an 18 speed Eaton-Fuller that was 105 feet long, 10 ft wide and 240,000lbs while eating a chimichanga, texting, chatting up the radio and watching Netflix.

I see. Does the Escape also have the infamous dual clutch Ford transmission? They're gonna face a class-action lawsuit for it I'm sure.

>more reliable than auto. more efficient than auto. And it gives you that connection to the road that's missing from so many cars these days

>replying to a 2 hour old post in a shitty off-topic thread
>doesn't sage
Kill yourself

>you can't reply to 2 hour old posts because I say so

>he posted in a thread he thinks is off topic

you are really fucking stupid

Yeah I love the feeling of swapping out a clutch every 2.5 years.

You're a bit late to the party my antipodean, Reddit frog friend.

the thread is still active and you're replying to my posts, giving me free (You)s. Jokes on you, dumbass

>driving a manual trans is a basic life skill
I love you delusional fucking car wankers. You people are no different than every other wannabe contrarian. That is absolutely no different than saying
>learning how to churn butter is a basic life skill
manuals are outdated shit and your a fucking faggot

Have another one, convict-user.
Better luck with the cricket too.

>le lazy automagic amerishart

i pull mad pussy with eurobeat and hektic mountain pass heal toes

>manuals are outdated shit and your a fucking faggot

A millennial is jealous of older user's life skills. Stay rekt, friend.

>manuals are outdated shit
Indeed they are. But there's a fuckload of them out there, and you never know when you might need to use one. Need to borrow grandpa's farm truck so you can move some stuff? No prob. Visiting relatives and need to borrow their car for a bit? No prob. Need to do some work on your property and you rented a tractor? No prob.

Not to mention if you know how to drive a manual then you're pretty much set for being able to operate many other vehicles with a clutch like a motorcycle, ATV (though many of those have autos), etc. I guess if you're a shut-in who does nothing but play video games all day it doesn't really matter, but if you actually get out and do things it can be very useful.

>>and your a fucking faggot

I think you're buttmad that you don't know how to drive a manual and we just called it a "basic life skill". You took it as an insult.

>Need to borrow grandpa's farm truck so you can move some stuff? No prob
My grandpa isn't alive anymore

>visiting relatives
I drive there with my own car

>rented a tractor
wtf

In what way are Manuals not just an outdated form of transportation?

>diet snapple

Hello fat useless trashheap wife.

Finding manual cars are rare

I found the guy creating all of the anti onion/vegetable threads. Fast-foodfags will hang on the day of the rope.

I know how to use them, I just don't like it.

You can laugh now, but you won't be laughing after the apocalypse when we're all driving manual cars powered by home made butter.

Even in the post-apocalypse you'll be a cuck.

>not driving stick

Because a manual 1965 Shelby cobra is, objectively and subjectively, still the coolest car ever made.

>cars that get you hella laid are outdated

You're a fag. Just admit it. Your dad never loved you and didn't teach you how to drive.

Next you'll argue we should all just ride the bus. Stay cucked.

It's obviously in park and he is not driving it. It's sitting still in park. Are you even old enough to drive?

i would too if i was driving an automatic ford

*in the US

>>cars that get you hella laid are outdated
Expensive and popular cars get you laid, not manuals. Do you think a broke down Manual civic gets you laid too?

>hella laid
I'm guessing you're 13?

>dude he made a factual statement...I guess he thinks we should all ride the bus

They're every where in the US. It's not rare at all here.

What!!!
There's nothing more effeminate than driving an automatic, apart from defending yourself owning an automatic.

wrong

wrong

>cucked by a gearbox
top pleb

Randy?

>iphone
>mcdonalds
>automatic car
Living the American dream, I see. Where's your gun?

Things that bring joy are never outdated.

>Expensive and popular cars get you laid
Not all expensive or popular cars will get you laid. But there are some cheap old manuals that will do the trick.

>diet snapple

triggered

CVT is great

>Expensive and popular cars get you laid, not manuals
Being able to drive a sports car from the 60s makes you cooler than someone who can't because they are missing basic life skills. That's the end of the argument. The only reason anyone would argue against this is if they were a modern child that never learned and were trying to make themselves feel better about their lack of life skills.

>I..i dont need to know how to drive stick because modern appliance cars (cuck cars for cuck bois) are all auto

You'll never be Shelby cobra or Porsche speedster cool. you'll only ever be dsg gti cool or maybe flappy paddle ferarri cool - which doesn't even fucking compare.

>eurofag
>every car is manual
>rent car in LA
>automatic
>holy shit I can use my hand for grabbing my wife's titties
>so much freedom
>cruise fucking control
>muh american freedom
>vacation is over
>go back to driving stick shift
>this sucks ass

I'm probably going to get a lot of shit but fuck it. I'm buying an automatic car.

>pushing a peddle on the floor and moving a stick while driving makes me more manly

i have both

manual is really only great for motorcycles and gridlock traffic

What? Auto is way better for stop start traffic

what he said

Driving a ford Fiesta...you should hate yourself.

in proper gridlock, auto idle speed is too fast
first gear, no throttle is slower in manual, ergo better for gridlock

All of you faggots need to go back to

Your knee looks qt.

OP here. It's a transit 250 you stupid fucks. How the hell does this spacious interior resemble anything in an escape or fiesta?

Talk about a strawman, unless you drive everyday like you're on a track a clutch can last well over 50k miles.

Nice

137000 miles (googled it for ameretards) on a single clutch reporting in, no signs of slowing down

To be fair, a lot of cars I would like to buy simply aren't available with a MT even new and are really rare in the used market which I prefer because buying new is a boondoggle.

This is bullshit, I have a 91 Civic with over 370,000 miles on it, it only had 130,000 when I bought it 6 years ago and I've only put 1 clutch in it since I've had it and the one I took out was the factory clutch. Maybe if you don't know how to drive it without slipping the fuck out of it you change it every 2.5 years, just means you need to do better

heh

Who knew Veeky Forums had such a massive overlap with annoying car faggots? Take this shit out of here, please.

Seriously.

I'm with you but I can't be paying because grease monkeys are nigger-tier in their skills.
When getting air, rotation, oil, new filter, and vaccuum is more expensive than buying the oil yourself, I'll be as contrarian as you, with gusto.

Auto/10, but i'll give you a break because you are obviously in a work van that your employer provides for you.... which reminds me.

>Being in a work van that your employer provides for you / 10.
Good job failing at life. Get your mcchicken shits out of here.

inb4 thats not a mcchicken. I know, and that makes it even worse. you're not even eating the best fast food sandwich - which is on the value menu. way to think it through.

>I hate myself
don't feel alone, we all hate you too.

I feel your pain user , also what the fuck is on your drink?

I love myself

>There's no accomplishment whatsoever--installing and configuring a Linux distro is a basic life skill. As you said, it's piss easy.
>But it's a great thing to have: more reliable than Windows. more efficient than OSX. And it gives you that connection to the computer that's missing from so many PCs and laptops these days. It makes computing an engaging experience, not just a tool to do work.

This is what you sound like. I know how to drive a manual, but thinking everyone needs to be able to drive one is stupid.

>not just going from point a to point b.
but that's exactly what I want to do

solid 4/10 would not bang, looks like someone took a fat shit on your plate

When you focus on the destination you miss out on the journey.

whatever i am about to do at the "destination" is more fun than the "journey"

maybe I just have a different idea of what I want my journey to be than you

That may well be true, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the journey on the way there. They aren't mutually exclusive.

you can't bang food

Are you one of those dickheads who run red lights all the time because of your self-superiority?

Says you

>thinking everyone needs to be able to drive one is stupid
Well, of course that's true. The handicapped, women, and sissy boys were never meant to drive them at all.

That example is silly. There are very very few examples where someone might honestly need to install linux. OTOH it is very common to come across a vehicle with a manual transmission.

>> thinking everyone needs to be able to drive one is stupid.

I never said that it was a necessity for life. I said it was a useful and basic skill to have.

Nice dick compensation, fag.

hehe

If a faggot was butt hurt, would he wheat it like this?

BUTT HURT
U
T
T

H
U
R
T

or like dis:

BUTT
U
T
T

HURT
U
R
T

no one fucking cares

This is one of those rare fpbps that only becomes obvious after reading the rest of the thread

Op, can we discuss why you hate yourself?

Veeky Forums is a slow board newfriend, if you only reply to front-page fresh posts then maybe you should fuck off back to /b/ or /tv/

stoopid frogposter