I bought some fresh hot italian sausage that I'm planning to make a pizza with...

I bought some fresh hot italian sausage that I'm planning to make a pizza with, but I have a lot more than I'm gonna use for a pizza. What's the best way to cook them and What're some other dishes a cooking illiterate like myself can make?

boil them in beer, then grill on a grill or on stovetop. Then put them in a sturdy bun with some grilled peppers and onions with maybe some mozzarella.

Or boil some gnocchi and chop up the sausage and then fry it all up with some garlic and tomatoes. Then top with some cheese.

Poke with holes, soak in beer for an hour at least. Pan fry or grill, serve on bun (folded bread if you ain't all fancy) with some mustard and onion.

I like these ideas, glad I picked up mozzarella for my pizza too. What kind of beer should I use?

>that pic
wtf is stalion sausage?

Pretty sure it's stalian.
It's obviously a brand name.

>What kind of beer should I use?
Doesn't matter. Just run to your corner store and get a cheap tallboy

I take it you never learned cursive

I don't curse often, I try not to anyway.
I don't like drawing attention to myself.

Also, about how long should I boil them for before I grill them?

you can cook them in pasta sauce

s t a l i a n
t
a
l
i
a
n

I'm the guy who said not to boil. Just soak. Some people boil, but I find it's not necessary. Sausage cooks up fine and I like to cook them so skin has some crunch.

I like crunch too so I'll probably do it that way, thanks. I read you should do 3 parts beer and 1 part water, does that sound right?

I use just beer. But I'm usually dude broing it and we got a 24 pack on hand while grilling. Only reason I'd use water is if I didn't have enough beer.

If you're going to boil them in beer, don't poke holes in them.
With my limited grilling experience i can say that they cook fine on a grill, just sear for those grill marks and indirect heat'em. I normally throw'em on around 425F

Also i use these exact links for a pasta bolognese? Question mark for spelling and unknown knowledge of what a 'true' one is.

>cut down side of link and put into deep skillet, removing/discarding casing.
>chop is up while it's cooking like ur makin' tacos.
>deglaze with white wine, idgaf it works for me.
>When it's cooked, add a can of San Marzano peeled tomatoes(28oz can iirc, stir, bring to a simmer. Adjust thickness with water or by reducing to your liking.
>bring water to boil, add pasta. i use rotini
>mix pasta in when done, plate up, add cheese.

Disgustingly simple for Veeky Forums standards but i'm a lazy twat and i love the shit out of it.

>boil them in beer
How is this a good idea? Do you boil any other type of meat before you grill it? Meat and bones get made into stock or broth (don't remember which) after simmering, and are tasteless after cooking. The liquid becomes flavorful, not the meat. Why would you do this to a sausage? Just drink a beer with your grilled tube meat instead.

It cooks the sausage, then the grilling is just for getting it nice and crispy and slightly charred.

Otherwise it's hard to get the sausage fully cooked but not burnt. Nothing worse than biting into a juicy pork sausage and then realizing the middle is still a little raw.

Anyone else ever consider how appropriate it is that a company named "Johnsonville" produces dick-shaped food?

if only there was some way of controlling the amount of heat provided to the sausage to ensure that it doesn't burn and is still cooked

A britbonger favorite.

Grill alongside some courgettes, slice into chunks, toss with pasta, garlic, chili and parsley or basil.

Bust it down and make biscuits and gravy

Would be good with some green peppers, onions, garlic powder, oregano, red pepper flakes, & a touch of heavy cream.

Mix it into a marinara sauce and serve on penne

I get a pack of these every friday and barbecue them. Just put them in between some bread and its all good. I fucking love johnsonville sausages, needs to be either hot or mild though, anything else is not as good

slit them down the middle and peel the casing off then cook it in a pan as chunks and drain the grease

Render the fat and make beef yorkshire.

I like to cut the end off and squeeze out little turds and pan fry them and finish them on the pizza

then what?

tired af misread the op meant just for your pizza do it like that

--
for the leftover just use them in whatever they go good with almost anything personally i like using them for breakfast with hashbrowns and eggs in a burrito

OP here, I'll probably make that pizza today or tomorrow so that's good advice actually. Ended up making like a sausage burger with onion and mozzarella, came out pretty well

Agreeable but most definitely good, but in addition to being lazy i feel like the sausage+grease has a good enough flavor.

Unrelated to that...
Klements brats are best brats.

You can always freeze what you dont use.