My father was a life long Vegetarian

Now he has cancer.

WHY DIDN'T SOMEBODY WARN HIM?!?!?! :`(

"Long term vegetarian diet changes human DNA raising risk of cancer and heart disease"

Long term vegetarianism can lead to genetic mutations which raise the risk of heart disease and cancer, scientists have found.

Populations who have had a primarily vegetarian diet for generations were found to be far more likely to carry DNA which makes them susceptible to inflammation.

> Scientists in the US believe that the mutation occured to make it easier for vegetarians to absorb essential fatty acids from plants.

> But it has the knock-on effect of boosting the production of arachidonic acid, which is linked to inflammatory disease and cancer. When coupled with a diet high in vegetable oils - such as sunflower oil - the mutated gene quickly turns fatty acids into dangerous arachidonic acid.

The finding may help explain previous research which found vegetarian populations are nearly 40 per cent more likely to suffer colorectal cancer than meat eaters, a finding that has puzzled doctors because eating red meat is known to raise the risk.

Other urls found in this thread:

indianexpress.com/article/lifestyle/health/vegetarian-diet-does-not-increase-cancer-risk-researchers-clarify/
bmj.com/content/330/7485/215.4
academic.oup.com/mbe/article/33/7/1726/2578764/Positive-Selection-on-a-Regulatory-Insertion
academic.oup.com/mbe/article-lookup/doi/10.1093/molbev/msw076
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My grandfather ate red meat every day of his life and died from cancer.
It almost like a roulette wheel, isn't it?

>My grandfather ate red meat every day of his life and died from cancer.
>It almost like a roulette wheel, isn't it?

But my father was told all his life that eating vegetables is good for him. Now he is paying the price for those lies.

My grandfather didn't eat anything of his entire like and now he's died of cancer

> Scientists in the US believe that the mutation occured to make it easier for vegetarians to absorb essential fatty acids from plants.
> But it has the knock-on effect of boosting the production of arachidonic acid, which is linked to inflammatory disease and cancer. When coupled with a diet high in vegetable oils - such as sunflower oil - the mutated gene quickly turns fatty acids into dangerous arachidonic acid.

Nice to see some actual research done instead of "vegan bro science."

You're not citing any evidence OP. Where are your quotes from? I suspect you're a full of shit troll.

>Where are your quotes from?
Scientists in the US

Researchers from Cornell University in the US compared hundreds of genomes from a primarily vegetarian population in Pune, India to traditional meat-eating people in Kansas and found there was a significant genetic difference.

> “Those whose ancestry derives from vegetarians are more likely to carry genetics that more rapidly metabolise plant fatty acids,” said Tom Brenna, Professor of Human Nutrition at Cornell.

“In such individuals, vegetable oils will be converted to the more pro-inflammatory arachidonic acid, increasing the risk for chronic inflammation that is implicated in the development of heart disease, and exacerbates cancer.

I believe Cornell professors are all liars. I would much rather get my nutrition info from a Cantonese human trafficking forum.

>“Those whose ancestry derives from vegetarians are more likely to carry genetics that more rapidly metabolise plant fatty acids,” said Tom Brenna, Professor of Human Nutrition at Cornell.
>“In such individuals, vegetable oils will be converted to the more pro-inflammatory arachidonic acid, increasing the risk for chronic inflammation that is implicated in the development of heart disease, and exacerbates cancer.

Wanna guess what India's cancer rate is?

neither has been wrong or right
evolution works by shuffling genetic shit until some of it sticks
they were just unlucky on the only game that allowed us to thrive in this planet
be glad for them and rejoyce on their genetic mishaps, for they are as necessary as the next evolutionary step on humanity's ladder

>You're not citing any evidence OP. Where are your quotes from?

Thanks for asking! This scientific research was conducted by the Cornell University.

*The more you know**************

Vegetarian diet does NOT increase cancer risk: Researchers clarify
Researchers of the much-publicized study linking vegetarian diet to cancer say their findings were misrepresented.

indianexpress.com/article/lifestyle/health/vegetarian-diet-does-not-increase-cancer-risk-researchers-clarify/

link to study
what's it's name at least?

Getting older improve your chance of getting cancer.

It's hilarious you veggies are so triggered you spend all day trying to debunk this study. lol

Doesn't fit into your preconceived worldview does it vegetarians? You gonna cry until people ignore the research?

>India has one of the highest cancer rates in the world

2005 data shows that India has one of the highest cancer rates in the world!! This article which quotes research funded by WHO says:

> Vegetarian India Has Some of the Highest Cancer Rates in the World

From the World Health Organization

bmj.com/content/330/7485/215.4

>Getting older improve your chance of getting cancer.

Might as well eat meat then!

My grandfather was a trapper and hunter who ate meat almost exclusively for the best portion of his life.
He's still alive and with us at 98 years old.
He's awesome, he killed loads of nips on Okinawa during WW2. He fucked up a few nazi krauts in the early European campaign as well.
I'll miss him when he's gone.
He makes an awesome chilli.

I'm not vegetarian.

People ask source because your thread looks like a pathetic attempt at trying to justify your disdain for vegetables.

Here's a link to the study since you were unable to provide one
academic.oup.com/mbe/article/33/7/1726/2578764/Positive-Selection-on-a-Regulatory-Insertion

and the quick to read resume
academic.oup.com/mbe/article-lookup/doi/10.1093/molbev/msw076

>scientists have found tantalizing evidence that a vegetarian diet has led to a mutation that—if they stray from a balanced omega-6 to omega-3 diet—may make people more susceptible to inflammation, and by association, increased risk of heart disease and colon cancer.

Seems like it's the change in balance of omega-6 and 3 that cause the issue and not the vegetarian diet itself. Although it's still very problematic since you never know if you'll someday be forced to change your diet for a reason or another.

India always have the most fucked up disease anyway.

and veggies and fruits and carbs
key is to vary food.

I don't care about this study... but those India cancer rates are pretty scary & undeniable.

If you're eating only one type of food for the rest of your life, you probably should just get cancer and end the misery.

>I don't care about this study... but those India cancer rates are pretty scary & undeniable.

Yep. 15x the rate of digestive tract cancers as westerners. And high colon cancer rates to boot.

WTF India?

Keep burying your head in the sand, faggot.

Make sure to come back & post when you inevitably get your Cancer diagnosis. kek

These constant threads gave me cancer.

This copypasta sucks

There's no link to any study or even an article in the OP. Is there one? Since everything I've read suggests the opposite.

see

Nice shitpost.

>eat vegetables every day, die of cancer
>eat meat every day, die of cancer
Perhaps if we eat meat and vegetables but on alternate days we would avoid cancer as we would be cutting our cancer pollution bill by 50%

You get cancer no matter what you eat.