SAGE

What the fuck do you actually DO with sage?

I now have a pot overflowing with it, and I never use it in my cooking. What do I do with it and what foods go well with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

chocolateandzucchini.com/ingredients-fine-foods/45-things-to-do-with-fresh-sage/
youtube.com/watch?v=rguMNma4Drc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I am strangely in the same position OP, I also am not sure what to do. dry it?

>brown butter sage sweet potato Gnocchi

>brown butter sage ravioli

>brown butter sage anything really

it makes good stuffing as well, and pairs well with beef.

You can also roll it up into a cigar and burn it around your house to get rid of bad vibes.

Get a morter and pestal and grind it with a bit of salt. When use salt pork or chicken use your fresh sage salt (assuming sage works in the dish)

*when you salt your pork or chicken

Its an easy way to use fresh herbs.

This, and I've found it to be pretty good in hummus.

I usually use it when I post replies on /pol/

Stuffings, generally goes well with pork or poultry. Pic related, at the top is a huge sage plant that I made some sausage with the other day. Most of it I'll end up drying and using in stuffing this winter.

fry it in the drippings/oil from your meat and use as garnish. Or, make brown butter sage sauce for pasta/potato. Or, make tea out of it.

Yeah this, i do the grind and with salt, peppercorns and butter and smother my pork for roasting

hope about you use a whole fucking bunch of it on this retarded thread

>Coming into a thread with express purpose of making someone feel bad

If you never had Saltimbocca alla Romana, you might as well have not lived at all.

You only ever need a little bit.

It goes very well with (white) meats, and as the main spice in simple pasta dishes (pasta, cheese, sage, pepper).

You can fill out other flavours with it - like curries, tomato sauces, and gravies - but it will overwhelm anything if you use too much.

YOU PUT IT IN ALL FIELDS

put sage, rosemary, thyme and a fuck ton of kosher or rock salt in a mortar and pestle, and grind the shit out of it. take any kind of chicken you want, and use a fuck ton of paper towels to dry it off. I mean, get that shit bone dry. rub the herb salt onto the chicken, and roast at 400-425F. ez

My oregano isn't growing at all, but my Basil is growing like crazy.

Sage is for fish

It goes in all fields

SAGE

You can also make pizzoccheri.

I had this same problem with mint this year. Probably ended up growing 2 lbs of it and only made one batch of mojitos all summer.

Sage isn't really good for much except for not bumping threads

>making someone feel bad
Step on a lego

I was in the same position two years ago. Today, I still have several spice jars of dried sage leaf and a plant that is bigger than ever.

Great, you planted Mint!
Now the mint is everywhere!

Recepe?

Fry it in some oil, season lightly with salt. Then serve it with roasted potatoes and a little lemon vinaigrette. Bonus points for some confit onion.

So fucking good.

put it in tea it helps settle an upset stomach

YOU PUT IT IN ALL FIELDS

what the fuck you people.

arrange steak with parma ham and sage like photo
flour the steak side a bit
fry in abundant butter on both sides
set aside
add white wine to pan to deglaze
pour over steaks

you can use it in sauces, as a rub for pork,venison, duck ,turkey or lamb (I personally find sage a bit overpowering with beef)
It's great in stuffings, soups, meatballs etc

chocolateandzucchini.com/ingredients-fine-foods/45-things-to-do-with-fresh-sage/ should give you a few ideas (just googled "fresh sage" ,sans quotes )

It was in a pot, but yeah, it took over the whole 4x23 ft pot in no time.

4x3*

you can fry the leaves

i heavily associate it with creamy dishes and poultry

you can make a really pleasant butter and sage sauce for pasta

I know there's some jamie shilling in the video but this recipe is solid as fuck:
youtube.com/watch?v=rguMNma4Drc