Is eating insects considered vegan?

Other urls found in this thread:

sentience-politics.org/philosophy/the-relevance-of-wild-animal-suffering/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm a vegan. If there were insects that died of natural causes as part of their life cycle, and it was possible to harvest their carcasses in a harmless way, and the insects were good to eat, devoid of contaminants, and so on, then, of course, I would eat them

no
/thread

Insects are animals.

So no

is honey vegan

you could say this about any animal

no, they are animals

no its bee poop

Then why aren't eggs vegan?
It's not like you're killing anything or causing the suffering of an animal.

The very term "vegan" implies a strict adherence to the ingestion of only the offerings of the vegetable world.
No, insects are not animals.
The same insects that pollinate your crops make a delicious byproduct.
>They are not animals.

Is Vegemite vegan?

>good point

> this faggot will get rekt if he answers anything other than eggs are okay, unless he's an extremely rare pro-life vegan

I assume they think about the treatment of the chicken that laid the egg. I guess if they stumbled across a random, unfertilized chicken egg somewhere they could eat it. Makes me wonder if there is even such a thing as a wild chicken anymore.

>pro-life
The eggs we eat aren't fertilized anyway, guy.

Science says otherwise. Kingdom- Animalia

Eggs are not vegan simply because they are not vegetable. Refer toIf you choose to add animal protein, you are no longer vegan.
>Ovo-vegetarian.

>The very term "vegan" implies a strict adherence to the ingestion of only the offerings of the vegetable world

So you only consume eggs that vegetables lay, right?

>you
I'm not a vegan, I made an assumption that was apparently incorrect.

>there were insects that died of natural causes
with that logic how are you allowed to eat vegetables? you are eating a plant's body before it had the chance to die naturally, unlike a fruit which is meant to be eaten.

you're a damn monster.

>insects are not animals.

>pro-life
>The eggs we eat aren't fertilized anyway, guy

Obviously

Well, considering they're invertebrates and don't have a nervous system... no. They are not animals.

That's why they have their own classification. Which is 'insect'. The idea that insects can suffer - insects don't feel pain. They have a popup in their tiny, tiny, tiny brain that says "you are taking damage".

>tfw bugs are playing better video games than me

That guy is wrong depending on why he doesn't eat meat. I personally want to keep my killing of non-plant things to a minimum. That includes lobster and crab, which are basically sea bugs.

Biting mosquitos are assholes though, so if you want to kill and eat those, go for it.

>implying insects are not within kingdom Animalia
yeah, you're right, user; maybe they're plants or protists or something...

>It's not like you're killing anything or causing the suffering of an animal.
I can't tell if you're being serious or not

i had a neighbor that raised chickens and they were free to roam the backyard. they were pretty happy

i cant tell if youre being serious or not

>I had a neighbor once therefore eggs come from the store
Quality post

that is literally, subhuman food

Good one laddy.

>my slaves can roam wherever they want on my property, they love it!

insects have feelings and dreams, unlike the peepole who make the clothes, electronics and such for the vegan so no, eating insects is not alright

I also love pussy, ladies

i met a vegan girl who refused to eat honey because "it's stealing from the bees", i tried really hard to explain that insects can't grasp abstract concepts like ownership and property

I'd rather be a "slave" roaming someone's back yard who takes care of me than be a "free" animal that gets slowly eaten alive in the wild

sentience-politics.org/philosophy/the-relevance-of-wild-animal-suffering/

Some do honey and some don't. Depends on the outlook.

sentience

There is literally no difference between my back yard and the the other yard. Wait, there is one. In that yard, it is not contained and a fox will eat all my chickens and it's baby chicks. Even if there were no fox. The chicken could either be in my field or the person field over there. Which are both exactly the same.

Could be considered whatever those "vegetarians" who eat fish, eggs and dairy.

Vegans are brainlets that call for the destruction of the very society that allows them to exist, don't bother using logic on a people who would be swayed harder by seeing a manipulated picture of a sad cow over hard evidence.

There are several species of wild "chicken" in the world. Bastards are annoying as fuck when I go hunting for deer.

i even tried to explain the ecological benefits of bolstering pollinator populations but no dice. there really is no point trying to reason with them

>died of natural causes as part of their life cycle

Eating things that have died naturally is an excellent way to induce projectile vomiting and illness.

abstract definition
chill out dude

Sentience is just the ability to sense your environment in some manner, any plant that can tell the difference between day and night or sun and rain is sentient.

Sapience is the real dealbreaker, and you can count the list of potentially sapient creatures on one hand.

>Well, considering they're invertebrates and don't have a nervous system... no. They are not animals

Good news, everyone! Insects are now a kind of meth-addled fungus!

I'd say it's "better" than eating fish and you see plenty of self proclaimed vegetarians (I know you said vegans) eat them
I wish it was more popular to eat bugs in the west outside of niche candy and just going outside and eating what you can catch. But it seems like people want to go straight to lab grown vertebrate meats