So if I'm making this shit and adding spices to it...

So if I'm making this shit and adding spices to it, should I add them in at the beginning and let it all cook together or just do it after it's done and off heat like it recommends for adding the seasoning?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rFHcbrgBn0g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it really depends how you like your ramen noodles.

Typically, cooking the ramen as a soup, you add the seasoning at the very beginning and this allows the noodles to soak in the flavor as they cook.

If you like them drained, obviously add the seasoning after you drain them.

Me, I'm a lazy fuck, so I just put the ramen, water, and seasoning in a big glass or ceramic bowl and let it microwave for 5-6 minutes.

Spices before cooking. Salt packet after it's cooked else it marinates the noodles in salt

>Typically, cooking the ramen as a soup, you add the seasoning at the very beginning and this allows the noodles to soak in the flavor as they cook.
Alright, that's what I was hoping for. I noticed only the water has any taste to it and the noodles are pretty bland if I just add everything after the fact.

I save my hot dog water to cook ramen noodles in. Noodles absorb the meat fat, more tastey

>hotdog water
How fat are you?

>he doesn't boil his hotdogs

fucking pleb thats how you get the casing to be tight and snappy

That's not the question I asked. This dude has hotdog water ON HAND.

Clearly you're in the minority on this issue

>he doesn't can, sort, and catalog all his hotdog water by brand, date, and level of sodium
I want these pretend cooks to get off my board

Really?!? You guys boil enough hotdogs to warrant keeping hotdog water around? My grandmother keeps bacon grease in a container on her range and I think it's disgusting. I can't be the only person that finds it odd that some user keeps hotdog water to prepare ramen.

>He cans his hotdog water, and doesn't let it ferment

Hot dog water ages like a fine wine

I was obviously joking user
but yeah I'm with you, it's kinda weird
I've been poor so I know what it's like though... you use the tools you can find I guess

>This dude has hotdog water ON HAND.
>WE ARE AT DEFCON 5
>SAY AGAIN DEFCON 5

>My grandmother keeps bacon grease in a container on her range and I think it's disgusting.

What the fuck? It's like you have no idea how to cook at all.

Do you think that you're supposed to go to the butcher and BUY pork fat every time you need some?

I think you mean DEFCON 1 user
do your research, young man

I'm poor too, but I can't imagine eating something and saying; ya know I wish I'd cooked that pasta in some flavorful hotdog water, that'd really bring this dish to life...

>2017
>needing pork fat

>I only use salt and pepper on my plain white meat chicken breast

>not drinking the hot dog water for dat protein boost

Are those supposed to end soggy or i did something wrong?

Usually the cup ones are more firm.

add a spoonfull of something else too, I use sambal oleck

Wait until the water is boiling before adding the noodles. Cook until preferred firmness.

Thats how its always been done in my family for generations. You can use the bacon grease for all kinds of stuff.

Mix it into green beans after theyre done, its awesome

I add frozen vegetables before cooking, sometimes peanut butter after and cheese.

Imagine my surprise when I visited Korea and they pretty much make ramen the same way.

If microwave it shouldn't be soggy because it will be ready in 3-6 minutes, if stovetop boil water before adding noodles.

Add vegtables, cheese, peanut butter and an egg. For the egg you need to make sure the damn thing is hot enough to cook the egg as you stir it in.

OP, this method is worth giving a shot.
youtube.com/watch?v=rFHcbrgBn0g

I tend to let the water simmer with the seasoning and whatever vegetables I decided to add before simply adding the noodles and an egg at the very end to turn it into an egg drop soup. It is more convenient. Both are totally fine but very different end results.