Could you live off 1400 calories a day?

Could you live off 1400 calories a day?

Other urls found in this thread:

thoughtcatalog.com/dr-chet-williams/2014/06/this-450-pound-man-fasted-for-over-a-year-and-he-lost-more-than-half-his-weight/
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0
menshealth.com/health/craziest-diet-ever
youtube.com/watch?v=v9Aw0P7GjHE
reddit.com/r/Veeky
twitter.com/AnonBabble

depends on your height and weight. but if that's you in the picture, which I must assume(why else would you post it), then yes you could.

Sure, if I stopped drinking and didn't do shit.

I'm pretty fat so I could probably last for a while if I went into hibernation.

>posting girl pics in your OP on Veeky Forums
>posting jailbait in your OP on Veeky Forums

Fuck off, tourist

honestly it depends. let's say you're boogie tier fat, you'd die pretty fast not eating anything. Because at some point you're so fat that you take more energy than you can passively take from your established energy reserves.

Depends entirely on height weight gender daily activity etc. For a 5'6 meet manlet the answer would be yes

I'm 6'1 266 lb (down from 290) and I've been doing 900-1200/day for about a week now and feel fine and losing weight even faster than I was previously. I try not to eat too little but sometimes I'm just not hungry. Drink plenty of water and some sodium.

I usually aim for 1200 a day while rounding calorie estimates up by 100 for everything I eat.

I've been living off 800 calories a day for the last 2 weeks.

AMA, or dont, whatever fuck you.

cranky because youre hongry arent you

Why would you assume that? Jesus you're dense.

Yes you can, but it's pretty miserable though.

Except that's wrong, retard.

Actually I'm not hungry at all. Might have something to do with the crippling depression though.

I practically do monday to friday then weekends i blow out to 3k per day with alcohol and drining out, average to 1900k per day over the week so I never get fat.
Work out 5 days a week.
Run marathons and bench 200lb for reps
Not elite but fitter than most

Yes. I've been eating 1300 or less for two weeks.

>think i'm eating less than 1200 calories
>i'm actually eating over 2500 calories
>still fucking hungry

fucking food how does it work

>I don't understand basic science and nutrition: the post
You stupid bastard. There was a study of a morbidly obese Scottish man who literally ate nothing for a year, only drinking water and taking a few vitamin supplements under medical supervision. He went down to a normal weight and kept if off. The three meals a day Jew and "starvation mode" myth are literally food industry inventions. You can get by with one or two meals a day just fine.

Citation: thoughtcatalog.com/dr-chet-williams/2014/06/this-450-pound-man-fasted-for-over-a-year-and-he-lost-more-than-half-his-weight/

I could live off of her pussy every day.

>Because at some point you're so fat that you take more energy than you can passively take from your established energy reserves.
>Veeky Forums

starvation mode isn't a myth it just takes longer and sucks more but otherwise this is correct

Manlet, so
>short term
Easy. Did that to drop from 180lbs to 120. Before you start, I kept it off.

>long term
Only if I was sedentary.

Starvation mode would literally mean you are starving to death, as in emaciated to nothing but skin and bones. Skipping a few meals here and there won't put you in starvation "mode."

I have a strong feeling that that girl is under age

of course, you can survive on eating once every 2-3 days.
but you need water everyday.

if you're talking about a normal diet of only

I've been eating between 900 and 1600 calories a day for the past two months. Went from 210lb to 195lb.
Unfortunately that's just food. I probably add another 800-1200 calories from booze. If I could cut that I'd lose weight like crazy.

have you cut soda? I was 200 before I didnt drink soda and immediately went to 185 just by cutting soda

Man, I don't know if this is your first time doing that, and I don't know what your stats are, but be careful. I'm 6'2, I started at 195 and I'm down to 165 +/-5 depending on food and water. I lost a lot of weight really fast, so I stayed at less than 1000 for about 3 months. I lost weight but I look bad. I lost muscle, I lost hair, I visibly look older. I'm low energy as fuck and just a mess in general.

I'm also skinny fat now.

I just started eating more the last week or so, going to start doing some bodyweight exercises and then get to a gym when I have time to sign up.

I let myself have a 20oz bottle every now and then, but honestly I never drank much of the stuff anyway. Shits too expensive. For a little while I'd buy 12 packs of ginger ale but I'd suck 6 of them down in an evening, so I stopped.
It's just the booze. I'm at slav levels of 400-600ml of vodka a day, and if not that then 8-12 beers a day.
Working on cutting that back. Hasn't been terribly successful so far.

Also, does anyone know how to differentiate loose skin from fat? My gut is droopy and gross, I can't imagine I have that extreme of loose skin in my 20s after losing 30 lbs

well vodka is kind of a crapshoot, it will bloat you for sure but if you stop completely you'll drop weight. if you're drinking every day it will fatten you out

why weren't you exercising and working out while eating less? you should have been lifting weights

need weights to lift weights

Gyms are expensive and I am lazy

go outside and lift a fucking pot plant or something

>weigh 380lbs
>living off 500 calories per day since January

It's doable.

Are you not hungry?
You body probably use more than 2000 calories just to keep you alive

Yes.
>tfw 5ft10, BMI of 19.6, mostly muscle mass

I... physically.. hate you. How? How could I hate someone I've never met. It's because I'm wrong I've known you my whole life, You're the road block between humanity and a type 3 space civilization. You are every serf and prole who got centuries of literary work written about the rights you deserve. You're post proves all those authors, all those advocates, every good willed missionary, every judge who actually left their biases in their chambers and all the countless other good people who fall sucker to humans like you. Uninformed, uncaring SPEAKERS you live to speak, because you live in the first place. Remember if you ever feel suicidal, jump.

The first 2 weeks was spent fighting off the hunger but since then I've took vitamins and pills to suppress my hunger with small meals twice a day.

I get tired easily tho

Here's your (You)

You deserve another (you)

I live off of 400.

You should eat more
Starving yourself wont make you healthier. It will only make you weaker and potentially sick.
Compensating your lack of food with vitamins wont keep you going for very long.

Food is full of the vitamins that you need. Eat varied meal every days and you wont over eat because they will fill you up while giving you all the nutrient you need.

I think that instead of starving and getting weaker you should eat balanced meal and move more to get stronger.

how much do you weigh/what's your height?

Yes.

I have fasted for 14.5 days. I lost 20 pounds, not water weight.

He will never lose weight like that.

He needs to fast and go on a ketogenic diet.

while that's true, we are talking about literally not eating until you are your goal weight not skipping a few meals, which would switch on your body's natural defences against starving, namely nuking your energy levels

The hunger was mental conditioning and your stomach adjusting. At 170kg and a sedentary lifestyle you have more than enough energy to sustain yourself for a short time, and the vitamins will keep you alive while you do. What you should worry about though is your muscles being slowly consumed along with fat, you could become very weak from your skeletal muscles shrinking, and be at higher risk of a heart attack because your heart is a muscle and will be under a lot of stress. When (if) you start excercising you need to start very slowly otherwise you'll kill yourself. This is why doctors recommend you dont starve yourself to lose weight.

Also mentally you arent preparing yourself to eat a balanced diet. Once you stop this you may simply rediscover the reason why you over ate and yo-yo like so many do. You really need to researching what it is that makes a healthy diet. The entire internet is at your disposal

Extremely unhealthy

No. If you want to lose weight you simply eat twice as many vegetables and half as much of everything else. You will be full yet not consume a lot of calories and will thusly lose weight without being hungry all the time and wanting to kill yourself.

You don't know anything about ketones and fasting. IT'S NOT STARVING, IF YOUR BODY IS USING YOUR FAT STORES FOR ENERGY.

If you couldn't live on 1400 calories a day we wouldn't be having the overpopulation problem we're currently having.

Dumb thread is dumb.

>study of a single person
lmao, even if it weren't thoughtcatalog, da joos, and otherwise obvious bullshit a single case study is not broadly applicable

you knew that and shitposted anyway, grrm's fat ass is the tip off

It literally is starving. Whether you like to believe it or not, a lot of what people think about keto is popsci. Ketone bodies dont replicate the effect proteins do and your muscles will be eaten away if you dont consume any. If the opposite were true, the keto diet would just say to eat only fat and not have to bother with protein

Doing 1700 currently at 6'3" 255.

It does suck quite as much as you'd think.

excellent post

In Ketogenic diets, only 20% of a persons diet will consist of protein.

youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

Watch it.

menshealth.com/health/craziest-diet-ever

Which is why the keto diet is a short term solution that only the desperate and undisciplined should use.

yes, as he very specifically mentioned in his post detailed why keto is fucking dumb

It's not a guaranteed death.

youtube.com/watch?v=v9Aw0P7GjHE

Count your calories and use the food pyramid.

Sure fatty.

Quite literally all popscience backed up by a flawed study from 1940. Please dont link me another YouTube video

Stay fat, pal.

Dr fung states he doesn't think keto works. Hes also about the only "scientist" who backs up his theories (so you buy his books). Stop posting now you delusional fat fuck

I lost over 45 pounds, doing fasting and keto.

I'm skinny now, fatty.

He promotes a ketogenic diet, dumbass!

i didnt eat all day and like 20 minutes ago i ate a bag of gushers and then the rest of the box and a bag of sour patch kids. 1000 calories in 10 minutes i feel like a god

>posting some kike's YouTube vids
>as if it proves fucking anything
>as if YouTube isn't a pile of shit literally as bad as mainstream media
Either you are too stupid or you are shills. Kill yourself either way.

Sure buddy.

Listen to this guy. Stay fat your entire life.

I didnt say they didnt work, i said keto isnt healthy and should be reserved for the desperate and undisciplined. Dr fung is quite literally one of the handful of "health experts" who recommend "intermittent fasting" and it just so happens hes a salesman for it too. The overwhelming majority consider it no faster than a traditional calorie deficit and a lot more unhealthy. I shouldnt be surprised people on an anime imageboards cooking forum believe a snake oil salesman

morbidly obese and boogie are two very different things retard. there could be 3 morbidly obese people inside boogie.

the point is that yes, you can starve and live off your energy resources, TO A POINT. The thing is, there's a limit to how many calories you can get from fat reserves a second, ya dig? and you need a certain amount of energy to maintain the functions that keep you alive, ya dig? and if you happen to be INSANELY FAT like, 600 pounds fat, then YOU CAN'T KEEP YOUR BODILY FUNCTIONS GOING THAT WAY.

You can survive off 1 meal once a day if it contains the energy you will need or have spent that day. Eating in the morning and a lunch is designed to keep us at optimal levels of alertness throughoit the day so that we are more productive and contribute more than society. Nothing to do with Jews and all to do with being the most functional member of society you can be

>bench 200lb
No you don't, fat shit.

i expected this to be within the first three posts, as i was intending to make the same one. shorts like that make me want to turn my mouth into a slobbering vacuum.

there literally isn't a person on the planet who couldn't

Yes yes better do exactly as I say or be a pig your entire life.
Did you know that they give shills (actual paid shills) fucking notes on how to deal with any situation? So for example if someone calls you out for being a jew, just dismiss it with a sarcastic comment.
>haha yeah right we're shills you got us haha

I assume they are insecure and pissed off because they starved themselves and now instead of being disgustingly obese they are grotesquely skeletal

You fucking caught me, bro. I work for Big Fasting and the other guy works for Big Keto.

First time I've ever been caught too. Fug!

I just wanted to help some fat guys. No agenda there.

Fasting, is not starving, if you are fat. You're the one pushing junk science, not me

The original person I responded to said he'd being doing this since January. I assume one of the two people who are replying is he

For an adult male my height they recommend 1600-1800

Yes I do

I did 1400 a day with 2000 cal cheat days on Friday's for 9 months.
Lost 100 pounds.

3 years later and I have gained 35 back.

Need to do a good old fashion purge again but fuck it's hard to do that and I'm 21 and drink regularly now unlike my faggot self at 18.

grotesquely skeletal is much better than disgustingly obese though
you just need to eat a bit more and start working out for that perfect body

>I drink regularly
>somehow the younger, healthier, sober me was the faggot

No maybe you just need to stop swilling literal poison because corporate interests have drilled it into your head that it's a right of passage.

Prohibition could never kill drinking, but the ambivalence of a generation that realizes there are better ways to get their kicks can.

reddit.com/r/Veeky Forums/comments/6mt37y/user_cant_keep_it_together/
say hi to reddit faggots

Like clockwork.

Did less than that for a while.
I'm 5'6 and 147 lbs now.

I did 1200 calories for a while and went down to 138lbs from 159lbs.

I ate breakfast and dinner, no snacks except an apple or two. Mostly drank water when I felt hungry.

5'5" ~122lbs

that sounds pretty dangerous dude

That's not actually that heavy. I can also do it without issues. I'm 100kg and feel like if you can't bench more than your bodyweight there's a problem. I exercise regularly but I'm not Veeky Forums or anything.

Interesting hypothesis, but where is your evidence?