I will have a layover in Los Angeles in September...

I will have a layover in Los Angeles in September, I've never had in-n-out is it worth the hassle of going through security again to try it or would I just memeing myself?

>is it worth the hassle
lolno, it's a fast food burger

you meme yourself just by living my dude

It's not amazing, and not worth security--maybe if you have TSA Precheck, and it's very nearby or you have a long layover. It's my favorite fast food place though. Everything is fresh and it tastes somewhat like actual food.

if theres not one in the airport don't bother.

I live about 10 minutes from LAX, so there should be an In-n-out less than a mile away if I'm not underestimating.
Regardless, if you've never tried it, it may be worth the hassle to go through security again if you're carrying light and have time.
It's good fast food, made to order, a bit greasy, but a good burger nonetheless.
Get a double double, animal style, grilled onions, chopped chilis, and a side of animal style fries.

Its very good fast food for the price, but I wouldn't leave LAX just to go there. Would you take uber? it just sounds like a big pain for fast food, no matter how good it is. I think a lot of people who love it so much do so, out of part, because of nostalgia. I grew up with In-N-Out so I absolutely love it. It's kind of like St.Hubert chicken. I grew up with it so I love it, but everytime I introduce someone to it theyre just like "meh".

If you do go get
>double-double animal style, subbed whole grilled onion, peppers
>fries well done
>vanilla milkshake
Fries animal style are garbage. They get cold, gelatinous and soggy way too fast

thanks for the responses and thanks for not bullying me for leaving a word out of the OP here are your (you)s

my plane lands at 6PM and the next flight leaves 7 hours later, so time won't really be an issue. From what I've read, there is one very close to LAX, I'll have carry-on with me but that's it.

Not worth it. I love in-n-out but its just a fast food burger. If yo get it like this in a rushed manner where there is a significant amount of hassel, youll be disappointed.

The ideal situation is one you dont plan and where you grab a burger after beating up some kids car after bowling and smoking a joint

>is it worth the hassle of going through security again
Not even fucking remotely
Especially not LAX security

Theres one right after the runway. There will be planes taking off directly above you. It's kind of cool, kind of annoying. If you have that much time you might as well go. Whatever you do don't go to Venice Beach. It's really close, but absolutely fucking awful

Yeah, with that much time, I'd say go for it. Don't expect to be impressed, although I'm sure you'd enjoy it.

yeah jesus christ you are seriously thinking about going through security at LAX just to get a fast food burger?

it really isnt THAT bad

i don't like airport security and i'm terrible with time management so that shit ain't for me

This. Its absolute nostalgia. Its the same up in Seattle with Dicks. Its one of the rare places in the city that has lasted the test of time and there's even some hometown pride about it or whatever. Neither are anything spectacular, they're just part of the culture because they're accessible. If you want to go to say you've gone, fine. Dont expect to be impressed.

I've only gone through LAX once before (returning international flight -> domesetic flight back home). Is there something about entering LAX from LA to take a flight that is significantly worse than a returning international flight's security? Because all I did was enter passport info into a kiosk and stand in a line for 30 minutes when I came back into the country

LAX is a shit hole and security is a fucking nightmare run by high school drop outs. There are better places to eat inside the terminals if you get lucky.

Terminal 2 has Slapfish, decent chowder fries and beer. Barney's Beanery is a full bar without crazy prices.

International terminal has ink sacks, decent sandwiches, kinda pricey.

If you are lucky flying out of Burbank there is actually an In and Out about 5min south off the 5. Security is super chill there and you could get it down in no time.

I fly out of LAX twice a month. Just last night I flew out of Terminal 7/"8". It has been under construction for about 2 years. It has exposed wires and lighting hanging from bare ceilings. It is also a 10min walk from security to the gates.

During security, an automated conveyor belt puts bins under your security station and you put your shit in and push it onto the belt. I had the luck of getting placed on station 1 at the front of the line. When i tried to place my 2nd bin on the belt, I was immediately yelled at by TSA saying "Don't think so hard, its automatic".Every time I would try and place my bin containing a backpack with just a hoodie in it on the belt, TSA would push the bins from further down the line blocking my station. So for 3 minutes I got to stand there like a jackass, while my first bin (which contained my wallet, phone, id, and watch) sat unattended at the end of the line. I finally had to shove all of the bins back down the line and push mine out, which again led to me getting yelled at for being "an idiot".

I was forced to hold my tongue because saying anything would only make the situation worse. I work in law enforcement, and it was obvious this guy was using his position as an "authority" in the airport to treat people like shit.

you only live once man
just remember its very much a meme, and there are like hour+ lines for the food and its very much just a grilled burger you can get anywhere else, but go for it, fuck it, you might as well try it once

its an amazing deal only 2.60 for a single hamburger (no cheese but ask for grilled onions).

Its cheaper / better, and probably healthier than buying a frozen meal if you get without sauce.

I've lived really near one my entire life and barely if ever go. They're good but nothing to write home about. Much prefer something like Astroburgrer

There's one fright outside the airport on Century Blvd.

Solved the animal fries problem...just ask for animal fries, but with the fries well done. Not bad at all

It's literally just fresh veggies and barely seasoned meat.

I truly believe that anybody who actually "loves" in-n-out burger, or one of the other meme-burger justs have:

a) never cooked a hamburger their self in their life

b) suck at cooking in general

honestly id rather have a whopper any day of the week
must be because i lived in los angeles and if i want to go with innout ill have to stay in a longer drive thru line
tommys is always a good option too

>Be American
>Choose between walking in and waiting 5 minutes or waiting in drive through and waiting 30 minutes

Feel ya senpai

You'd be memeing yourself. Their burgers are average and their fries taste like greasy cardboard.

Native Foods Cafe is where you'd want to go.

Don't let these people fool you OP. If you've never had it and always wondered, try it. How often do you have 6 hour layovers on the west coast? Get TSA precheck or just wait in line. Or don't and spend your entire layover inside the airport. you'll regret it.

Alright, In n Out vs Five Guys/Shake Shack/whatever backwater burger joint.
This comparison is made every day with people zealously defending whichever as the best burger joint, but having tried most of the compared franchises, there shouldn't be a comparison.
If you were to hand me 3 bags, in n out, 5 guys, shake shack, I'd reach for in n out last.
The thing is, they don't occupy the same bracket. Burger+Fries+Drink will run me pic related, with shake shack even toting themselves as gourmet burgers. In n out has a bang for your buck factor, and the fact that it's a solid pick, for the Five guys especially, I can grab a real meal, or make something real nice for myself for the price of their burger and peanut fries.
In n Out is a cultural thing, one, and a cheap food, solid all around. If you're at LAX for 7 hours and want to try it so you can say you have, that's reason enough, you don't even have to like it.

Not at LAX. Which is a damn shame.

No.
It's alright but nothing special. The appeal of it is that it's noticeably better than McDs/BK/whatever while being about the same price or cheaper. But keep in mind that it's a low bar to pass.

There's no reason not to. It won't change your life, but if you need something to do in a layover, there's no reason not to get a good burger at a good price.

double double animal style with well done fries, no salt and a vanilla shake

You fly twice a month and can't figure out how to put your shit into a bin? Jesus man. Have your shit that needs to go through the scanner readily available. If your shit isn't in the bin and on the table to be slid into the scanner in under 30 seconds, you're an idiot or it's one of your first flights.

Anyways OP, In-N-Out is nothing but a really good fast food burger, and normally I'd advise against it. But if you have 7 hours to kill? Go do something in the area for three hours, and grab a burger if you want. I don't think you'll be bowled over, but it's worth a try.

Double Double Animal Style Med Rare w/ well done fries and 3 vanilla shakes

Honestly shake shack fucking blows. I've had the one in Boston and the one in Manhattan.

FUCKING LIQUID CHEESE ON FRIES FUCK WHO DOES THAT.

5 guys is too expensive for me. We have 3 different burger places in my city. 1 of which is nationally ranked #1 for what it does (district donuts) and another that is highly received in general. Both come within price range of all chain burger places.