What makes these such a pain in the ass to make?

What makes these such a pain in the ass to make?

Any tips for a first timer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/V_TbwNlPqP8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

prepare to fail. alot. these things take practice (i.e. failing over and over again) to get down

What are they little hamburger cookies?

>Hamburger cookies
Americans everyone

are these supposed to be fucking pretty patties from spongebob?

Pretty patties?

I'm actually australian you funboy faggot

I can't stand these fucking things. It's literally just eating sugar. Make something better instead.

>These niggas have never eaten a macaron

The french president?

There are dozens of easier, and better tasting meringue cookies out there. If you really need help, try looking up a recipe on youtube. Apparently a lot of the steps that are required for perfect macarons are totally bunk (like leaving them out for a half hour to dry out the top so the feet will form while baking - you don't need to do that, or rotate the pans halfway through baking unless your oven is heating patchy)

The only crucial parts are the measurements of ingredients and the macaronage.

> dur hur, I have no idea who invented macaroons

Eurpoor so fucking poor, they don't even recognize nor can afford their own luxuries anymore.

lol

Meringue cookies better and easier than macarons? Which ones?

Kek

Has chef John done a macaron recipe?

bump

wow. a violent reply

OH SHIT IT'S A PRETTY PATTY.

youtu.be/V_TbwNlPqP8

>lol

maybe ask emanuel macaron xDDD hehe

I was just thinking that

The biggest problem is that there seems to be thousands of recipes with different ratios. You also need to use a weight and measure precisely. Also you got to find good almond flour. Use old egg whites too.

read multiple recipes and try to identify the common threads. Really the only thing it takes is mistakes and practice.

Many things that change the outcome are entirely circumstantial and it requires a developed intuition

Pretty patties?

Reddit: the food