Asian Market

What are your Asian supermarket staples?

Yeo's soy milk (main reason I go, shits delicious), radish kimchi, balut, and salt leek &shrimp in sweet chili sauce (something new).

Would never eat balut.

Douchi, Doubanjiang, tienmenjiang, rice vinegar, black vinegar, sesame oil, chili oil, sichuan peppercorns, dried red chilies, fresh thai chilies, curry leaves, thai basil, garlic chives, ginger, galanga, various kinds of soy sauce, coconut vinegar, kecap manis, fancy instant noodles, rice vermicelli, dan dan noodles, red fermented tofu, XO sauce, chicken feet & various bones for stock-making, shaoxing rice wine, coconut milk, jasmine rice, glutinous rice

You're a total balut slut aren't you?

cheap pork belly

Dried shitaake mushrooms, chinese sausage, sesame oil, fish sauce, black bean sauce, soy sauce, etc.

Found "sesame jelly" at one in Barcelona. Assumed it was tahini but it wasn't. There was artificial sweetener in it.

Tapioca balls to make your own bubble tea

Mm mm yeah I love sucking down that chicken fetus fluid

half gallon of kim chi

everytime. i'm always looking for the best bargains.

the drinks and snacks. always a fun time looking through their junk food selection

Holy SHIT I hadn't thought of that. I don't live nearby anywhere that sells bubble tea, but I live right next to an asian market

Thank you based user

>tfw live in florida
>tfw literally 0 asian population
>only asian market is owned by a korean named Kim Lee who gives me bad looks when I only buy japanese food
>overpriced microscopic selection
fug

Happy to be of service.

Don't forget to buy the big straws when you're there!!!

in other news:
I like to get calpis. Unfortunately the dude only stocks the small cans of original flavor, not that it's an issue but I want the giant PET bottles and other flavors too

I like to try the various snacks they have for sale too.

The owner and his wife also make a selection of their own, authentic asian products, such as Teriyaki sauce, dope ass giant bags of fried noodles for like $1, and fresh korean and japanese foods like babimbap and sushi on saturdays. They even have a little kitchen in the back where you can watch them make the stuff. I doubt it's FDA-kosher but I don't give a fuck, it's like how they do shit over in Asia.

I like the shop honestly but I just wish the selection was larger and cheaper.

>5 minute tapioca balls

idiot

vegs: daikon, perilla, cilantro, spring onion (cheap as dirt), garlic (purpley kind), anything I need special. wintertime favorite are the asian sweet potatoes (yellow inside), nothing better than roasting those

fruits: korean pear, chamae (that yellow small ribbed melon?), lychee, limes (also cheap as dirt)

meats: short rib, pork belly, salted mackerel (grill this outdoors), thin sliced meat for curry, yakiniku, etc. these blocks of frozen fish wheat paste called fish tofu I add in ramen

alcohol: peach flavored makkgeoli cause i'm a fag

candy/snacks: fucken shrimp chips, sweet potato crisps, melty blend chocolate, I'm kind of eh on kit kats now, hotteok mix (korean pancake/donut filled with molasses syrup), japanese hot cake mix, mochiko

drinks: lychee calpico

dry goods: rice bowls, sauce dishes, anything with a cute pattern. I buy rubber gloves for doing the dishes, disposable plastic gloves for working with meat, laundry bags, chopsticks, scissors, house slippers

commericial soy is filled with estrogen bro. that shit will drain your body of testosterone until youre a numale

tf is your problem?

How much you pay per gallon?

Whereabouts in Florida? I used to live in Orlando and there was an Asian market there.

Are you the same poster? Redpill me on Calpis.

Haha did Daddy not give you your daily buttfucking today? Y u mad bro

This is an urban legend. I've been drinking it since I was a kid and I don't suck dick and have a perfectly functional penis.

there's like 10 asian markets within 5 miles of downtown orlando, and many more near the theme parks, ucf, etc. There's even a couple asian markets in my flyover hometown in southwest florida.

I'm the same poster, yeah. Calpis is technically a soft drink, but it's originally non-carbonated. The flavor is unique but incredibly refreshing. Sorta like citrus and yogurt. It sounds disgusting but the drink itself is 10/10. You just gotta try it.

I'm in Sarasota, Florida.

Lao Gan Ma chili crisp
Cheap greens (bok choy, water spinach)
Dried shiitake mushrooms and wood ear

A new Asian market opened up near me after a "regular" chain market closed and the amount of salt surrounding its opening was delicious.

>commericial soy is filled with estrogen bro
nah it contains isoflavones which are phytoestrogens. however, i haven't seen substantial evidence that dietary isoflavone intake from soy has any tangible negative effects. more research is needed before you can really make a proper judgment, but there's no harm in avoiding it anyway

additionally, dairy milk could be worse for you. cow milk can accumulate weird hormonal profiles because of dairy industry practices like milking cows way too late into pregnancy. you're gonna get a hell of a lot more estrogen in dairy than soy

bok choy, tomatoes, peppers, taters, bean sprouts, onions, sometimes fruit

shit's cheap as fuck

>chicken

heresy

shelled edamame, tofu, jackfruit, whatever veggies look good

I live near a Chinatown, so I actually do a lot of my shopping there:

>Napa cabbage...a LOT of Napa cabbage, that shit is delicious, versatile, and cheap
>this thing called Malabar spinach if it's in season, you have to try it if you see it because again it is delicious
>seedless cucumbers
>fruit, usually whatever's in season so in the late spring and summer, stone fruit, dragonfruit, figs, and berries; in the fall and early winter, persimmons and grapes; in the late winter and early spring, mangoes and 3 million kinds of citrus
>sometimes fish
>occasional kimchi, tofu, pickled/preserved vegetables
>assorted other produce such as bell peppers, tomatoes, daikon, fresh ginger, chayote...really depends what I'm planning to cook
>sauces and spices if I need them
>puerh tea if I'm running out of it

Sometimes I'll also pick up some candy or ice cream, but since I live so nearby there's not that burning urge to get whatever interesting junk food I see.

Black sesame ice cream, though, is the shit and you need to try it if you haven't yet. I'm lactose intolerant and I still go crazy over it.