Thinking about buying a bread maker.

bread-maker general//

Is it a worthy investment? any recipes?

redpill me on this.

Other urls found in this thread:

cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/11376-no-knead-bread
nytimes.com/video/dining/1194817104184/no-knead-bread.html
youtube.com/watch?v=lTZeT3MS83g
thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-perfect-basmati-rice-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-211157
youtube.com/watch?v=lTZeT3MS83g.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ignoring your assholish 'redpill' comment, don't buy a breadmaker, buy a kitchenaid mixer. With a dough loop and a strong motor that's all you need. Then learn how to make a boule.

this
breadmakers are kinda limited with what kinds of bread you can make with it, and making bread isn't hard and takes little effort. it's quick to throw together and let rise then rise again and bake

If you want a real recipe, you don't need any devices other than a bowl.

cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/11376-no-knead-bread

I made it and ended up with this.

definitely get a bread machine
Use it to make dough, then put dough in bread-pan brushed with oil and dusted with cornmeal.

I cover my bread in tinfoil and bake i the oven.

>gotta join to read the page
no thanks. results look good but there's plenty of bread recipes out there I don't have to sign up to read

you sir are an idiot

jesus christ, you're the people that line their countertops with breadmakers, ricemakers, keurig machines. All the millennial crap that makes you think you're saving time and energy when you're in fact wasting it because you're a dilettante not willing to spend 5 minutes to learn anything outside your comfort cuddle.

The no knead nytimes is a sign up? Fuck that. wait one.

Is this a sign up video as well?

nytimes.com/video/dining/1194817104184/no-knead-bread.html

>gotta join to read the page
what is ublock

oh they're not using ublock origin?

I don't know how to help people on Veeky Forums I guess.

this not being /g/ I assumed most people on this board either don't have ublock or don't know about element hiding

>bread machine comes with recipe book
>banana bread reicpe
>banana cake mix and no bananas

I have a ton of recipes geared toward a mixer when you people end up getting your shit together.

Bread machines are a waste of money. I own one and never use it, but bake bread fairly often.

maybe he's a dumb phone poster

what are your favorite low-carb bread recipes?

My boule fell so I used it for a hotdog bun. Made with a mixer, not a 'machine'.

it's awesome if you're a lazy fuck like me. beats having to go to the store for something as basic as bread.

not that im too lazy to go to the store. i just hate that. im too lazy to diy bread.

Here's a secret. It's just as much work making bread machine bread as it it making mixer bread. They just love selling you idiots Shamwows.

could be

I own a bread maker, it's in the garage. I make bread with my mixer. It really could be.

You can make nice sandwich bread if you're lazy. And maybe some other kinds, I dunno. Got as Zojirushi as a Christmas present years ago but I rarely used it because making bread by hand still came out better. Maybe now that it's 2017 there are better models but oh well, a loaf pan is still cheaper

Don't. Spend the money you'll save on a stand mixer.

So I guess recipes for regular bread. This kid makes 'dinner rolls' or buns or bread.

youtube.com/watch?v=lTZeT3MS83g

mixer or food processor? I am a complete retard and the lack of sticky isn't helping

MIXER. ffs. Stop touching things.

You make this kinda shit with a mixer.

the recipe page said food processor I wanted to get Veeky Forums's opinion

have you ever used a bread machine to make dough??? You'll never go back to using a stand mixer. My bread machine has made hundreds of loaves worth of dough.

I have, it's a square piece of shit with an impeller inserted for no particular reason and you either end up with dough, or a square piece of shit bread. Or you have a breadmakers loop in a proper mixer that creates dough you can peel off of it and make a real bread boule. What the fuck? You sound like a welder who got into breadmaking and you "have your way" of doing things.

That's the impeller I was talking about.

This is the breadmakers hook/loop

>ricemakers

legitimate time savers. dump shit in and in 30 minutes i have rice done while i am doing other important things instead of paying attention to the rice.

If you can't cook and you love washing internal rice cooker teflon gear.

Or you could just cook it in a pan and wash that.

thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-perfect-basmati-rice-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-211157

Ignore the tinfoil. Just make it in a real pot like you aren't in college. Works everytime, all the time.

They don't save time, they create time wasting after the fact.

>boil water
>add rice
>turn down heat
>wait 30 minutes
>RICE

Congrats you saved an entire 15 seconds for the low low price of $100

This is the difference between people who cook and those who do not.

Shame it fell but that still looks like a nice loaf user. Is that milk dough?

Seitan can be pretty good.

>washing internal rice cooker teflon gear

Easier than washing a sticky pot t b h

Ingredients:
US volume . . . Ingredient . . . ( metric volume . . . metric weight . . . US weight )
1/3 cup butter (80 mL or 75g or 2.67 US ounces by weight)
1 cup of full fat milk (235 mL or 244g or 8.6 US ounces by weight)
1/3 cup sugar (80 mL or 75g or 2.67 US ounces by weight)
1 tbsp of active dry yeast (15 mL or 10g or 0.33 US Ounce by weight)
4 cups all purpose flour (945 mL or 565g or 20 US ounces by weight [or 1 pound 4 ounces by weight])
2 teaspoons of salt (10 mL or 11.4g or 0.4 US ounces by weight)
2 large eggs (120 mL by volume or 100g by weight or 4 US ounces or ½ cup US Liquid)

Eggwash (Lightly beat together)
1 large egg
1 tbsp water

Full recipe is from a kid. He was amazing youtube.com/watch?v=lTZeT3MS83g.

I made bread and buns from his shit.

My parents have one and I use it when I'm with them. It is nice and easy, and I think the bread it makes is almost unique to bread machines.
If you have some will to use it, space to store it, and money to spare its not bad. You will, however, get more versatility from just making bread.

You also need an oven you fool.

>not living over a magma chamber for all your heating/cooking/baking needs

I've got one, the chocolate bread it makes is pretty awesome smeared in nutella & marshmallows. I use it so i can come home to fresh bread after work or between shifts. i could do it the old fashioned way but my maker was free, 10 mins to throw all the stuff in, come back in 3 hours and bam, fresh loaf. mine also makes jams and dough but haven't gave those a whirl yet.

Mixers are more expensive than bread makes.
And its fine if you dont want to waits time making dough, just put all the ingredient in and 3h layer you have nice bread.
A braed maker is like 50$. and its worth it. A good mixer is at lest 200$.

my family bought a bread maker of the type you just posted years ago.

It works by having a stirring element (coated in teflon) at the bottom of the unit rotate so you just pour in ingredients, it makes the dough, it bakes.

the biggest downside is that the loaves from these things are always vaguely cube-shaped. This means that if you're cutting a slice with a breadknife near the crust it makes nice slices, but once you get to the center of the cube with your knife, there's a high chance the very middle of the bread just turns to crumbs because it has nothing to hold onto and give it structure.

A way to get around this is to make really thick slices, like from the tip of your thumb to the first knuckle.

Basically if you're into milkbuns and like making this type of toast, then go for it.

Alternatively just buy a regular or microwave combi oven.

>tfw I've had the same ricemaker for 22 years
fucking nippon engineering